Confirmed Trade: [LAK/BUF] Erik Portillo for 2023 3rd round pick

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I had completely forgot about him being acquired from Buffalo originally and thought this trade just happened. Wondering why a team with 0 goaltending depth would trade one away to a team that has a few young guys.

Love to see he's doing well
think he asked out

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
WITCH! What is this foul necromancy afoot?

Are we thinking this is a jinx?

Okay, okay.... retraction post:

HE SUXS!! All those wins and his great season in the AHL are because of aliens. It's unsustainable! He can't do it any more. It's because the officials love all things Canadian and he plays in Ontario and so therefore he's getting preferential treatment. He's made of seven otters in a trench coat and the skates will come off eventually! I've clear mistaken activity for achievement - glad Wooden pointed that one out.

Oh, and obligatory Trade Board comment: will you trade him to the Habs for Barron?

In all seriousness, I know Ontario, California is where he plays and that conspiracy theories about pro Canada leanings or whatever are all bunk. Otters in a trench coat though... that might have traction.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Scared the hell out of me. I was like we traded him back to Buffalo for only a 3rd!?!?! Toyota Center would be on fire right now if Blake had done that, not that it shouldn't be already given that he still has a job...

Portillo has been good, he is still developing. LA has so many issues, but it would be amazing if he could develop into a starting goaltender for the Kings; however, they wouldn't be looking to him for another 2-3 seasons I bet. Blake already said that he needs more time. It is whatever at this point, the Kings are notorious for keeping prospects in the minors for extended periods of time and having reluctance at giving them NHL experience.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I also saw the thread title on my phone and assumed that LA had traded him away (such is the faith in management at the moment), and for only a 3rd round pick. After several seconds, I realized that the pick was for last year and was relieved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Are we thinking this is a jinx?

Okay, okay.... retraction post:

HE SUXS!! All those wins and his great season in the AHL are because of aliens. It's unsustainable! He can't do it any more. It's because the officials love all things Canadian and he plays in Ontario and so therefore he's getting preferential treatment. He's made of seven otters in a trench coat and the skates will come off eventually! I've clear mistaken activity for achievement - glad Wooden pointed that one out.

Oh, and obligatory Trade Board comment: will you trade him to the Habs for Barron?

In all seriousness, I know Ontario, California is where he plays and that conspiracy theories about pro Canada leanings or whatever are all bunk. Otters in a trench coat though... that might have traction.
I don't understand it...but I Liked-ed it anywhoo.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I also saw the thread title on my phone and assumed that LA had traded him away (such is the faith in management at the moment), and for only a 3rd round pick. After several seconds, I realized that the pick was for last year and was relieved.

Well at least in this pseudo latest deal, we didn't "dump" any Vilardis or Walkers or Quicks and pay to do so.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I saw Levi and Portillo at rookie camp a few years ago (which almost means zero today), but the difference was Levi moved a little better, but Portillo just seemed to cover so much more net. And with ease. He looked very mobile for a guy his size. Any extra acrobatics from Levi seemed to not match Portillo's overall game. Both were great. Would have been crazy to have both. Who knows what tomorrow brings but I liked Portillo more at the time.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I wish Adams didn't slobber all over Levi when the 2 were in college. If he played it cool we could of had both.
The fact Adam's got a lste 2st and him for Reinhsrt said alot.

St the time of that trade Portillo was not the starter as t Michigan yet. He had 2 yr at bsckup in limited games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad