Proposal: Laine?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Is Laine really a marquee trade though?

Was traded for PLD who is garbage. That dude had two OK seasons in WPG but has been shit otherwise. Kings fans are begging to dump him.

Laine hasn’t been all that great either. He’s missed a ton of games the fast 4 years and was in the PAP for…something.

He looks like an overpriced one way second liner.
two of the three years he's been in Columbus (not counting the year he was dealt) he was a PPG guy, though as you say they were both short seasons. His time in PAP is clearly concerning.

So...marquee trade? No, but I can understand if anyone having interest. I doubt the guy has forgot how to score goals but you have to wonder if he's capable of being a hockey player.

Also, I'm not sure how much Columbus can reasonably expect for the guy in a trade. Right or wrong the PAP thing is going to hurt his value bad. Him wanting out is going to hurt his value. And while it's a business, I think it's only human for the organization to try to put him into a better situation for him if they can.

Be interesting what any deal for Laine does look like in the end.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He seems like a 30 goal scorer in the right circumstance and that is still worth a ton, yes I do think it would be a big trade.

He is a tough fit though, the teams that could actually shelter him are probably also the teams that can not fit him in the cap

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I have serious doubts that Necas would fit the approach that Yzerman is trying to put together.

Laine makes Necas look like prime Bergeron.

it%27s-a-hard-pass-from-me-cyrus.gif

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Andrew Copp and Husso for
Merzlikins, Laine (25% retained)

Gives us a starting goalie for a few years while we wait for Cossa
If we can Sign Kane as well

Laine - Larkin - Raymond (could score 100 goals)
Debrincat - Compher - Kane (Could score 75 goals)

Merzlikins / Lyon 1a/1b

Won’t happen but It would be an upgrade

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Andrew Copp and Husso for
Merzlikins, Laine (25% retained)

Gives us a starting goalie for a few years while we wait for Cossa
If we can Sign Kane as well

Laine - Larkin - Raymond (could score 100 goals)
Debrincat - Compher - Kane (Could score 75 goals)

Merzlikins / Lyon 1a/1b

Won’t happen but It would be an upgrade
Not really. Those lines would get caved in defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad