Proposal: Laine to L.A

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Where Patrik Laine fits in long-term remains to be seen. The star winger is an RFA this summer and obviously, the Blue Jackets hope to sign him to a long-term deal. If that’s not doable, then some decisions might have to be made there. But that can wait until then. It’s pretty clear that the Blue Jackets GM is none too pleased that trade rumors have surfaced regarding Laine ahead of March 21 because it sounds as though Kekalainen hasn’t brought up his name once to any of his GM colleagues, as far as I can tell.

“Yeah it bothers me because people make up shit, that’s what bothers me,’’ Kekalainen said. “I understand that sometimes from conversations you have (with teams) some of it may leak out, and a name gets in there, but this is not a case like that. This is just somebody making shit up from their own speculation of what we might do. They make it up and hope for the headlines and hope for the clicks. I think that’s unethical. And I don’t have any time for it.’’
(emphasis added)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Laine has had a really strong year. It'll take a bigger offer to pry him away from the Jackets, or Laine will have to make that decisions himself during contract talks.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
He's re-signing in CBJ so nope.

If he refuses to re-sign & demands a trade then a Carter like return seems appropriate, so nope.

Edit: Also salary cap says nope.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dumais

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
At this point of time, this is a ridiculous offer for Laine.

Once Gabe start to blossom it might be different. He has just started.

NO idea how Turcotte will turn out.

Reactions: bert

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
E921E4D3-06E9-4DB9-9141-9B8D7FF5ECC8.jpeg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Columbus says no, but that's still significant value heading the other way. I'm assuming a real package for Laine is something more along the lines of Turcotte, Faber, Grundstrom, and a 1st. But if I'm Columbus, I keep the elite goal-scoring forward.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Would love him in L.A. would be costly both acquisition wise as well as to sign. 40 goal scores don’t grow in trees. Columbus looking brilliant with that Sillinger pick as well.

Reactions: kinghock

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Laine is one of the few player i would give up premium for.

Turcotte + 1st + Roy+ Iafallo
Yea thats the package LA should be looking to move in the offseason for a game changing talent. Add another prospect like Grans if you have to also. They dont need to be trading 1st round picks for depth like middle six forwards or bottom 4 dmen.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Sounds like bag of beans for ounce of 24k gold, but im biased tho

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Laine is a RFA with a $7.5M QO who has arbitration rights. No way Blake signs on for that.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I value Laine as a 35/70 guy that doesn't bring much else. Which is still a valuable player. I think any team that pays him as more than that or trades more assets than are appropriate for a 35 goal scorer will be disappointed. But thats just my opinion. Im sure CBJ fans wont agree

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I value Laine as a 35/70 guy that doesn't bring much else. Which is still a valuable player. I think any team that pays him as more than that or trades more assets than are appropriate for a 35 goal scorer will be disappointed. But thats just my opinion. Im sure CBJ fans wont agree
You say that as if it's a bad thing. And I would say that 35 is on the conservative side BTW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad