TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
so much of that post is just made up lol...
Well, the Buff part might be more about his ankle, no idea about sources for the Wheeler & Buff fight but there is too much smoke there even with those removed.

The locker room problems were a big thing already in 2019, and continued even after Laine left. There is a reason Wheeler was stripped captaincy. When 2021-2022 ended, Stastny wasn't a happy camper about the locker room either, interrupting Wheeler during an interview when asked if Winnipeg didn't play to a system and answering this:
"We've got to be held accountable, whether it's player on player, and we've got to have more respect for each other." Stastny, continued:"When you don't have that, when you don't care about the teammate next to you, potentially, and you just care about what you're doing or certain individual things, that starts bleeding into the game."

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Well, the Buff part might be more about his ankle, no idea about sources for the Wheeler & Buff fight but there is too much smoke there even with those removed.

The locker room problems were a big thing already in 2019, and continued even after Laine left. There is a reason Wheeler was stripped captaincy. When 2021-2022 ended, Stastny wasn't a happy camper about the locker room either, interrupting Wheeler during an interview when asked if Winnipeg didn't play to a system and answering this:
2 things can be true at once, there can be locker room issues and people can overblow and make up stories about what those issues are...

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
2 things can be true at once, there can be locker room issues and people can overblow and make up stories about what those issues are...
Not sure what this is referencing to, but the whole point was that there was a common denominator between Jets locker room problems in Laine era and after Laine era.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Not sure what this is referencing to, but the whole point was that there was a common denominator between Jets locker room problems in Laine era and after Laine era.
it's referring to that random reddit post that you used as a source...

ProfessorFink22

May 28, 2020
My point and argument had nothing to do with his time spent in the Play Assistance Program.

I was simply saying that Laine could have been a bit more adult when explaining his reasons for demanding a trade, or not saying anything at all. At least Wheeler said he was partly to blame. Laine didn't say boo, except to complain about a couple of teammates.

Sure you could toss around an excuse due to his age at the time, but he's now doing the same thing in Columbus. But I won't give him a pass because of his age.
You're connecting his current situation with what happened in Winnipeg, so yes, your argument has things to do with his time in the program. You literally connect the past to now again in this same post, bolded.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
it's referring to that random reddit post that you used as a source...
Which itself had source links to at least 2 confirmed instances of Jets locker room being a mess during 26's captaincy.. and there is more stuff to be found after a basic google search.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
So which teams could technically afford him even if Columbus absorbs 4 million+? I don't see any teams in their division probably work. So maybe out west? Could Utah work? Don't see teams who are coming off poor years be interested since he probably to old for their group.
It might largely depend on what Waddell is asking for in return. Over the past week we've heard a hockey trade (i.e. a roster player coming back) and a picks & prospects trade. If it is the latter, I put Utah as the best bet (if they want him). A couple of 2nd's and a D prospect would be my guess. If it's a hockey trade then it becomes much more complicated. Maybe a team like the Blues. I really think the teams that might be interested in him are waiting for the price to go down...a lot.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Which itself had source links to at least 2 confirmed instances of Jets locker room being a mess during 26's captaincy.. and there is more stuff to be found after a basic google search.
1 of the articles was scheif being sued by a former chef, that has nothing to do with the jets locker room...

your post claimed buff and wheeler fought and the locker room was the reason buff quit which is false, he didn't like how his ankle injury was handled jets were willing to trade him but he was done with hockey at that point

most players hire off season trainers/coaches

when in the world could winnipeg ever attract free agents? the locker room didn't suddenly turn players away

link to where chiarot took less money and he got into 1 fight not 3...

"Leaders talk players into home town discounts and then sign home run deals ($8.5M north of 30?) when it’s their turn...... Now 55 feels underpaid and is GONE when his deal is up (hence the need for PLD and them praying he signs 8x8 this summer. If he doesn’t? Big trouble)"

scheifele isn't gone...

you literally read a reddit post that made a bunch of claims had nothing to back it up and posted it as truth..

did winnipeg have locker room issues? yes...
did that reddit post overblow and make shit up? also yes...

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
1 of the articles was scheif being sued by a former chef, that has nothing to do with the jets locker room...

your post claimed buff and wheeler fought and the locker room was the reason buff quit which is false, he didn't like how his ankle injury was handled jets were willing to trade him but he was done with hockey at that point

when in the world could winnipeg ever attract free agents? the locker room didn't suddenly turn players away

"Leaders talk players into home town discounts and then sign home run deals ($8.5M north of 30?) when it’s their turn...... Now 55 feels underpaid and is GONE when his deal is up (hence the need for PLD and them praying he signs 8x8 this summer. If he doesn’t? Big trouble)"

scheifele isn't gone...

you literally read a reddit post that made a bunch of claims had nothing to back it up and posted it as truth..

As I said in the original post, not everything there is gospel, and followed it up on another post about Buffs ankle. It was meant to drive through the point that the locker room was a mess not because of Laine, which some people seem to insinuate.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
As I said in the original post, not everything there is gospel, and followed it up on another post about Buffs ankle. It was meant to drive through the point that the locker room was a mess not because of Laine, which some people seem to insinuate.
how about driving the point with things that are true and not some random reddit user making false claims? if majority of that post can be disputed then what is the point of posting it? you could have easily stuck to other comments from bowness and taking the captaincy away and not made the op..

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

scheifele isn't gone...

Is your interpretation of the situation that there was no locker room issue with Wheeler? Sounds like it.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Is your interpretation of the situation that there was no locker room issue with Wheeler? Sounds like it.
yes, I think I made that very clear when I said "did winnipeg have locker room issues? yes"... this is sarcasm btw as I feel you might have a hard time understanding...

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
You're connecting his current situation with what happened in Winnipeg, so yes, your argument has things to do with his time in the program. You literally connect the past to now again in this same post, bolded.
No. I'm referencing incidents in Columbus before he entered the Program. You're not following the conversation and making assumptions.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Please elaborate?
I remember he had an outburst or disrespected one of his coaches during a game where he was upset with his ice time and Columbus' management publicly stating that "no one is bigger than the team".

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just to be clear, there is a “small” group of CBJ fans that would like to see him moved from the team, even without a great return in a trade.

We somehow got Panarin for Saad before, but, I personally am not getting my hopes up for a good player in return for Patty, and I would like to see Waddell do essentially ANYTHING to get him away from the team.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yes. Most people say there was a Wheeler issue, you took offense to that it seemed. But you do know there were issues in the room?

So just trying to understand your position. Can you clarify?
I'm not taking issue with people saying wheeler was the problem, I'm taking issue with someone quoting some random person from reddit with a bunch of false or over exaggerated claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad