Confirmed with Link: Laine, 2nd 2026 to Montreal for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
If he was truly an elite player he’d make other guys better.
i'm in the camp that laine is a very good (and misunderstood) top line forward rather than an elite one, but there's certainly an argument to be made that laine elevated jenner's game, seeing as the 21-22 season was jenner's best offensive output on a per-game basis of his career.

Travis Konecny scored 68 points in 76GP, and scored 5v5 at 2.29 P/60. His linemates were Couturier and Forester. He had 30 more points than both, give me a break.
wouldn't konecny scoring 30 more points than both of his linemates show that he was not, in fact, elevating his linemates?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Expect him to at least time share on the 3rd pair if not be a fixture there. I think D-Wad had identified a couple holes on the roster and figured to fill one of them via the Laine deal. A capable, genuine NHL defender was one of them. Assuming the scenario lines up for Jiricek to spend the full season with the big club, with Mateychuk in Cleveland. Will be interesting to see if camp jumbles the clarity of that.

Reactions: Nanabijou

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Expect him to at least time share on the 3rd pair if not be a fixture there. I think D-Wad had identified a couple holes on the roster and figured to fill one of them via the Laine deal. A capable, genuine NHL defender was one of them. Assuming the scenario lines up for Jiricek to spend the full season with the big club, with Mateychuk in Cleveland. Will be interesting to see if camp jumbles the clarity of that.
Harris upside: smart in all facets, poised, mobile

A modern NHL dman

Harris downside: avoids playing the body so much that it affects his effectiveness

If he can get meaner and more consistent physically he can play even more than 3rd line minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Harris is also the first player with that surname to suit up for the Jackets. And only the second Jordan, after the inimitable Jordan Leopold. (Also, no players with the surname Jordan, either, FWIW.)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Harris upside: smart in all facets, poised, mobile

A modern NHL dman

Harris downside: avoids playing the body so much that it affects his effectiveness

If he can get meaner and more consistent physically he can play even more than 3rd line minutes
Yeah a professional, NHL-caliber d-man. I don't think Waddell was expecting anything special, but did want to improve depth of guys who don't hurt you to put out there that can help shelter younger guys. Sounds like that's JH.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He's the third JH behind Heward and Hejda.
I'm curious if people would consider him a player with two last names. Or maybe two first names?

My MIL used to joke you can't trust people with two last names (i.e. their first name is a perhaps more typical surname). It was really funny (for us, obviously) because my dad was a two-last name-er.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I'm curious if people would consider him a player with two last names. Or maybe two first names?

My MIL used to joke you can't trust people with two last names (i.e. their first name is a perhaps more typical surname). It was really funny (for us, obviously) because my dad was a two-last name-er.
Personally I'm very suspicious of people whose last name is a profession and somehow related to seafood.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I'm a two-first-names person. Which mostly means I get tons ot Teams messages and meeting invites at work for people whose first name is my last name. Constantly have to message back "This is definitely not meant for me!" My last name is far more common as a last name, but it becamse a minorly popular unisex first name for babies born in the 80s (so unfortunately my exact demographic). It's always annoyed me, too, because it's a made-up name with no history. I should have my mom's father's last name which was long and Italian and rare.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm a two-first-names person. Which mostly means I get tons ot Teams messages and meeting invites at work for people whose first name is my last name. Constantly have to message back "This is definitely not meant for me!" My last name is far more common as a last name, but it becamse a minorly popular unisex first name for babies born in the 80s (so unfortunately my exact demographic). It's always annoyed me, too, because it's a made-up name with no history. I should have my mom's father's last name which was long and Italian and rare.
Owing to the number of folks who have no idea what a hyphenated last name is plus the number of computer systems written by idiots who don't know what hyphenated last names are and confused people trying to make that work anyways, I have more aliases I didn't ask for that I know what to do with. Some of which are complete with credit card offers.

It's fun and interesting because both parts of my last name are typically last names, but they get used as first names on extremely rare occasions too.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
*searches CBJ social media followers for the last name Taylor or Morgan*
#wink
#notreally

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Owing to the number of folks who have no idea what a hyphenated last name is plus the number of computer systems written by idiots who don't know what hyphenated last names are and confused people trying to make that work anyways, I have more aliases I didn't ask for that I know what to do with. Some of which are complete with credit card offers.

It's fun and interesting because both parts of my last name are typically last names, but they get used as first names on extremely rare occasions too.
I wonder if that wasn't part of why Marchessault dropped the first part of his hyphenated last name.

*searches CBJ social media followers for the last name Taylor or Morgan*
#wink
#notreally
Proper social media hygiene is critical. My real name appears nowhere but fb.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
As to my dad having two "last" names, when I was a little kid, my folks were friends with another couple, and the guy had two "first" names. The four of them used to say the dads should trade a name to each other - the other family had a daughter who was my age, so we were most often present at dinners, porch gatherings, etc - and they'd spend an inordinate amount of time discussing the combinations and which they liked and didn't like and it would lead to laughs and more drinks and more laughs.

I'm just glad their propensity to drone on and on about inane, meaningless topics didn't get passed on to me.

EDIT:
If you count their middle names, my dad had three "last" names and the other guy had three "first" names. Fascinating stuff.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Christiansen and Mateychuk will be noticeably better than JJ and likely play ahead of him.

I'm considering a Harris - Severson pairing. Severson's best success in his career came in 2022-23 when his main D partners were Kevin Bahl and Brendan Smith. Defensive D like Harris. Though of course Harris is more cerebral and non physical.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad