Seravalli: Lafreniere and Rangers working 8-year deal worth more than $8 million AAV

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
the kid is a late bloomer. good for him for all the flak that he caught.

this will put the rangers at all in. the cap is gonna tear them apart.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
1728610912065.gif

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It buys up more UFA years than many of the 8x8 contracts signed by young players recently.

Add together his bridge and the first 6 years of his new deal, and it's about 6.6M on average. So when you compare to Stutzle and others, it puts into perspective how that is significantly less.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It buys up more UFA years than many of the 8x8 contracts signed by young players recently.

Add together his bridge and the first 6 years of his new deal, and it's about 6.6M on average. So when you compare to Stutzle and others, it puts into perspective how that is significantly less.

If Stutzle signed a bridge, his contract coming out of that would be higher. So no

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If Stutzle signed a bridge, his contract coming out of that would be higher. So no

That's the point I am making.

You can't do an apples to apples comparison because this Lafreniere deal will buy up more UFA years.

Lafrenieres average cap hit for the first 8 years after his ELC in this scenario would be about 6.6M. 8M with 5 UFA years is very different than 8M with 3 or less, which is what a lot of these young players signed for.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I wonder if the plan is not to bring back Breadman when his deal is up.
That or have Panarin resign at a much lower AAV. Pretty sure Drury would take Panarin at the right number but very doubtful Panarin would be ok with a big home town discount. Probably would not be ok with a 1 year cup-run deal either.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Stutzle ppg+ center, Lafreniere 60pt winger, how are they even comparable? Different tiers. 8+ million is crazy, he is not worth more than 6.5. No wonder why Shesterkin rejects 11m.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
That's the point I am making.

You can't do an apples to apples comparison because this Lafreniere deal will buy up more UFA years.

Lafrenieres average cap hit for the first 8 years after his ELC in this scenario would be about 6.6M. 8M with 5 UFA years is very different than 8M with 3 or less, which is what a lot of these young players signed for.

I don’t really understand what doing this really tells us. He signed a bridge in part because he didn’t show enough to warrant a long term deal until last year. It has no effect on the AAV of this potential deal.

Buying UFA years has become a bit overrated with the way RFAs have been getting paid lately imo. I don’t think it significantly affects the deal. If he had the season he had last year when he signed the bridge, he probably could have asked for close to 8x8.

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That or have Panarin resign at a much lower AAV. Pretty sure Drury would take Panarin at the right number but very doubtful Panarin would be ok with a big home town discount. Probably would not be ok with a 1 year cup-run deal either.
He'll be looking for one last payday. I feel like term is gonna be the thing that they won't end up agreeing on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad