Proposal: Laf to Montreal

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Nico had a 52.5% xGoals%, Slaf has 48.8%

That was on a bottom 3 team in hockey for NJD that nico was doing that
This is your stats for the much better play drining metric?? What next, +/- stats for the defense

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
there's no sense in trying to 'explain' Lafreniere's value to habs fans.. his value exists in the context of winning hockey. This is something modern Habs fans are either not interested or have forgotten how to recognize.

Winning hockey? The Habs's last Stanley Cup appearance was in 2021, the Rangers'? 2014. Maybe it's the Rags that need a refresher?

Nobody cares. Stop hijacking threads with your anti Rangers bullshit.

Anti-Rangers? Just FYI no one in MTL gives a smeg about NYR. Really. We're not the Devs or the Isles. I mean sure Kreider is a piece of shiat but outside of him? nothing. And even then that was like 8yrs ago for crissakes. Anywho Lafs is finally playing decent, grats.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Slaf Year 2: on pace for 47 points.
Laf Year 2: 31 points
Laf Year 3: 39 points

There is no comparison.
You should compare apples to apples fyi.

Laff had no pp time, played 3rd line, and still extremely similar production at 5v5 in year 2

Winning hockey? The Habs's last Stanley Cup appearance was in 2021, the Rangers'? 2014. Maybe it's the Rags that need a refresher?

Anti-Rangers? Just FYI no one in MTL gives a smeg about NYR. Really. We're not the Devs or the Isles. I mean sure Kreider is a piece of shiat but outside of him? nothing. And even then that was like 8yrs ago for crissakes. Anywho Lafs is finally playing decent, grats.
We’re not really gonna count a 2021 cup appearance solely due to canada’s governmental policy are we?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtydanglez

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Laff had no pp time, played 3rd line, and still extremely similar production at 5v5 in year 2

We’re not really gonna count a 2021 cup appearance solely due to canada’s governmental policy are we?
you should do the same. Thinking laf would put the same 5v5number in a crappy team like mtl is absurde. If Slaf play like laf in is d+4 year, it will be a complete failure. But the chance are slim because Slaf is already better.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
This is your stats for the much better play drining metric?? What next, +/- stats for the defense
You could have also just watched young Nico Hischier play hockey. Slaf is a step behind on both ends of the ice from where Nico was.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I hate to barge into your argument but Slaf has out produced Laf in their 2nd NHL season while also being on a much much worse team....

You are comparing Laf 4th year to Slafs 2nd. I wonder how much better Slaf will be in year 4.....
then the argument 'younger' has to be removed in the post which was quoted.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What the hell does Slaf have to do with Laf to Montreal?

How does this happen?

Laf is looking good. Rangers are competing. There's nothing to be discussed here.
someone said would you trade slaf for a certain return

:popcorn:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Stating facts doesn't mean its anti Rangers. When you cant argue the facts you just claim anti Rangers bias and blah blah blah....
facts?

playing against opposing 3-4 line and his production is only because of panarin. both can be true at the same time. but then he plays against shut down lines.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

Laff playing 3rd line means he is playing vs other teams 2nd or 3rd pairing defense. Slaf is playing on The Habs top line which means he is playing vs other teams top pairings and still putting up better numbers than Laff in year 2.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
You could have also just watched young Nico Hischier play hockey. Slaf is a step behind on both ends of the ice from where Nico was.
you could also have watched Slaf play since being put on the first line. Definetly no step behind ont the offensive side. Stats show it

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
you could also have watched Slaf play since being put on the first line. Definetly no step behind ont the offensive side. Stats show it
He was moved to line 1 48 games ago.
In that time he has 7 5v5 goals and 19 5v5 points playing line 1 with suzuki and caufield. And almost all of that production comes in his last 10 games.

In the first 40 games after being moved to line 1, he had 13 points 5v5 and 6 5v5 goals.

He is a decent enough role to fill on the power play tho getting 4+ minutes a night there. However it's not a particularly good power play, and it was very similar to Dach and Monahan when they got their turn at 4 minutes a night on the power play.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
We're not really gonna count a 2021 cup appearance solely due to canada’s governmental policy are we?

So the Bolts didn't win the Cup that year? No one did? Easy to discount someone's hard work by pointing out some sniggling details. That's what losers do.

In that time he has 7 5v5 goals and 19 5v5 points playing line 1 with suzuki and caufield. And almost all of that production comes in his last 10 games.

In the first 40 games after being moved to line 1, he had 13 points 5v5 and 6 5v5 goals.

You think only 5v5 points matter? You think if he was on your team's PP he'd be inundated with points? The fact is Lafs didn't deserve a spot on NYR's man advantage and would most probably have hurt your PP by stealing the place of a better.

What's up with this retroactive continuity where Lafs has been kicking ass for years but has just simply been undeniable this season. No. He sucked for years and has finally gotten the maturity and the right linemates to blossom. Trochek's the guy IMHO, he's the guy.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

He is a decent enough role to fill on the power play tho getting 4+ minutes a night there. However it's not a particularly good power play, and it was very similar to Dach and Monahan when they got their turn at 4 minutes a night on the power play.
I know that 5v5 stats is the only things rags fans can hold to when they talk about laf but the reality is pp point have the same value. And Slaf have 25 pts in is last 30games. Perfect devlopement for a d+2 player.

• Haha
Reactions: kroufum

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
you should do the same. Thinking laf would put the same 5v5number in a crappy team like mtl is absurde. If Slaf play like laf in is d+4 year, it will be a complete failure. But the chance are slim because Slaf is already better.
Remind me who slaf’s linemates are?

If slaf puts up 46 even strength points in d+4 that will be a complete failure? Considering he’ll be on pp1 that probably means a 75ish point season fyi.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Remind me who slaf’s linemates are?

If slaf puts up 46 even strength points in d+4 that will be a complete failure? Considering he’ll be on pp1 that probably means a 75ish point season fyi.
You said it, a 75ish season. Is it what laf is doing this year? And we can all agree that Panarin is way better than Suzuki or Caufield

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
there's no sense in trying to 'explain' Lafreniere's value to habs fans.. his value exists in the context of winning hockey. This is something modern Habs fans are either not interested or have forgotten how to recognize.
Remind me last time Rangers went to Stanley Cup finale? Or even won a cup (you know, the thing that matters in hockey)? I wouldn’t act so above Montreal in terms of signifiant winning if I was a Rangers fan.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Canadians fans being bottom of the standings and underrating other teams players that they start trade threads for

CLASSIC
Yah gotta admit the tribulations the Habs went through the previous two seasons were exceptional and and the team is rebounding well above the nonHabs fan base predictions for the team. We know where we are in the curve.Trades? Yah also gotta admit HuGo are two you making trades for you.The draft should be interesting this year.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for making it easy and telling us you don’t watch Lafrenière.
say the rangers fan😂 the guy is a disappointment no doubt about it. I remember watching him in his junior day and tought he would be great line driver who play a heavy/gritty game. My god I was wrong.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So the Bolts didn't win the Cup that year? No one did? Easy to discount someone's hard work by pointing out some sniggling details. That's what losers do.

You think only 5v5 points matter? You think if he was on your team's PP he'd be inundated with points? The fact is Lafs didn't deserve a spot on NYR's man advantage and would most probably have hurt your PP by stealing the place of a better.

What's up with this retroactive continuity where Lafs has been kicking ass for years but has just simply been undeniable this season. No. He sucked for years and has finally gotten the maturity and the right linemates to blossom. Trochek's the guy IMHO, he's the guy.
Weird things happened in shortened seasons.
That season, zibby could have been counted as 1 of the best goal scoring centers of all time.

82 game season and playoffs should be the standard metric…..
Shortened seasons, anything can happen, and did. MTL prior, or the following season really was not good.
It screams a team getting hot at the right time. Of course it counts, but it’s not comparing apples to apples. NYR has been one of the best teams since the lockout, and they only have 5 players 30 or older.
They will continue to be at the top of the standings for a while.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You said it, a 75ish season. Is it what laf is doing this year? And we can all agree that Panarin is way better than Suzuki or Caufield
Exactly. What a bust if he can’t put up top line points with a superstar(s) in D+4 after being 1OA.

NYR can’t handle the truth. They just make excuses for Laf.

Slaf on the other hand…. What a wonderful development curve this year.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Remind me last time Rangers went to Stanley Cup finale? Or even won a cup (you know, the thing that matters in hockey)? I wouldn’t act so above Montreal in terms of signifiant winning if I was a Rangers fan.
They won it the year after the Habs last Cup.

say the rangers fan😂 the guy is a disappointment no doubt about it. I remember watching him in his junior day and tought he would be great line driver who play a heavy/gritty game. My god I was wrong.
Ita obvious you havent watched him this season, he's absolutely been a line driver.

Exactly. What a bust if he can’t put up top line points with a superstar(s) in D+4 after being 1OA.

NYR can’t handle the truth. They just make excuses for Laf.

Slaf on the other hand…. What a wonderful development curve this year.
Please explain how not getting PP time like Slaf is an "excuse". He didnt have the luxury of breaking in on a bad team having ice time handed to him. His team was actually competing.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He’s literally been on the Rangers’ first line all season.

Have you Habs fans had amnesia all season? Your talking points are like this season never even happened and it’s march 2023 or something.
And Slaf and him have the exact same stats line ar 5v5, but one of them is a 6'4 230lbs player and is only 20. What's your point?

Slaf has only been playing on the 1at line since January as well so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad