Post-Game Talk: Ladies and Gents- The Core of the Maple Leafs does it again. Leafs lose

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Only positive from last night was getting my free Timmie's coffee for a week!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241025-062754.png
    Screenshot_20241025-062754.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 1

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The team needs to move off of Tavares, Marner, and Rielly. Almost 30 million in cap waisted on these three. We won't get anything for Tavares but we can let him walk, with Marner and Rielly atleast we could recoup some picks and prospects and use the 30 mill cap to get a better overall defenseman, a 2C and a 3c.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
What a difference two games makes. B2b shitshows.

We go from Lovefest 2024 to the toilet is plugged we need to tear the house down in four days .... I think the fan base is becoming more entertaining than the team is ... :D

I've seen Nylander benched but why do Marner and Matthews get a free pass?

Reactions: LeafGrief

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I'm watching the game, I forget what play it was but the thought popped in my head... these guys forgot how to play hockey ... it's like there was no structure, no purpose and just a bunch of singles trying to win the game one on five.... it's a process for a new coach to break old bad habits, it's tough to watch the process... not sure what ever Berube is teaching, is actually sinking in.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I think these guys love to play that run and gun style looking to pad stats.

At some point they will have to buy into the new way of playing that Berube is trying to instill.

Let's see where they're at after 20 games.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Problem is the habits that have been created and allowed for the last 6 or 7 years and so deeply engrained it’ll take Berube all season if not into next year to fix or it’ll need to be cutting the problems in half. Marner, Tavares and another long serving player will need to go.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Who else thinks Tanev is playing hurt? He’s been awful the last two games………..

Matthews, Marner, Nylander - all absolutely terrible. Berube's influence isn't getting through to them.
Who knew they would tune Chief out in less than 10 games?

You won’t get an argument from me. They 100% need to change this core.
Been saying it for about eight years………

Panthers have been without Barkov and Tkachuk for most of the season and they beat the Rangers in New York tonight.
Because that’s a real team, Leafs have proved they can play like that, just not for more than a handful of games…….

Reactions: Al14 and BallardEra

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Berube tries to hold Matthews accountable and the cappy just looks away.

That's the leadership I have expected from him.
Sadly it’s probably starting to sink in what Chief has to work with, all the talent in the world with a Korolev attitude………

It’s starting early, I’m investing in waffles asap……….

Nylander looks woeful tonight.
That’s a understatement………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: LeafSteel

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
When was the last time we were .500 after 8? Can't remember the season Babs got fired.
Last year they were 6-5-2 (basically 6-7) after 13 games, isn't that a bit worse than what they are through just 8? And that was after losing 2 of their last 3 to the Sens and Sabres by a combined score of 12-7.

2 years ago they were 4-4-2 after 10 (basically 4-6)

3 years ago they were 2-4-1 (2-5) after 7 games, riding a 4 game losing streak.

This is nothing new, it certainly should not be new to the fanbase. THIS is what this team does early in the season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
waiting patiently for the inevitable realization to dawn and finally decide to get split up Marner and Matthews.

Needs to happen, and the sooner it’s done the better.
Marner can't play 4 rounds of this .no way

The team needs to move off of Tavares, Marner, and Rielly. Almost 30 million in cap waisted on these three. We won't get anything for Tavares but we can let him walk, with Marner and Rielly atleast we could recoup some picks and prospects and use the 30 mill cap to get a better overall defenseman, a 2C and a 3c.
OEL looks better than all of them

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pretty ugly when the highest paid guys play like they don’t give a shit.

That Nylander contract is going to age like milk.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Forgot all about this dude.

Always looked like he smoked something and had munchies.

Well done! I just felt a grey hair pop out looking at this.
Glad someone other than me gets the joke, and by the way they were one of my favourite munchies back in the day……….

View attachment 921222

I just made this...Just gonna leave it here for fun..
Hopefully I don't use it often...Hopefully.
WORD……….

Reactions: LeafSteel

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I’m going to try and not be too freaked out. I thought they looked like a very high quality team up until the last two games.
The Columbus game was embarrassing as they were outworked all over the place but it was a back to back against a young team and our goalie was abysmal.
This last game was a bad one for Woll and a lot of the core really sucked but that happens a few times for every team in the course of the regular season.
The power play is not converting but both units are continuously gaining the zone with ease and getting lots of movement.
I’ve got that EvilHomer positivity today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad