Proposal: La - minny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
To LA - Christian Folin (right shot. 6' 3" 215)

To Minny - Derek Forbort (left shot. 6' 4" 220)

throw in conditional pick swaps contingent on NHL games played this season or re signing to balance out value.

both players aren't really in position to play people out of their jobs. change of scenery, fresh start hockey trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota has an abundance of left handed defenseman. No thank you.

Edit: Suter-Scandella-Brodin-Reilly-Olofsson

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Minnesota has an abundance of left handed defenseman. No thank you.

what do you see as the wild's highest position of importance? I like the idea of Frolin on the Kings more than trying to move out LA's log jam of lefties to get him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
what do you see as the wild's highest position of importance? I like the idea of Frolin on the Kings more than trying to move out LA's log jam of lefties to get him.

We need decent young-middle aged centers/right wingers. Folin doesn't have much value so I won't even bother with a proposal.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if you really want folin , i'd take a decent draft pick for him. hes a serviceable #6 or #7 D man. i dont think we need both prosser & folin thats why i do a deal.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
if you really want folin , i'd take a decent draft pick for him. hes a serviceable #6 or #7 D man. i dont think we need both prosser & folin thats why i do a deal.

my thought as well with both players listed. I know Frolin had been on the LA radar for a while and Forbort just has little chance to play Muzzin, Martinez, Mcnabb and (Scuderi if he doesn't retire) out of their spots since the Kings have made it pretty clear they don't plan on sending Gravel down.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I wouldn't listen to all the Wild fans who think Folin is just some interchangeable piece.

Dude is big, skilled, and can be physical. And a right shot. It's not easy to go from NCAA to NHL.

He's the perfect guy to keep on the roster for a couple of years to see if he puts it all together at 28.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild don't need to lose a RHD, especially if it's for a LHD, where they are loaded. Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Reilly, Olofsson are all LH.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

Right shot right winger prospect for Folin could be doable.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Omni Owl said it, we have Folin in Trotman. I bet Lombardi had some R-handed defenceman lined up and and did not want to give an asset to get Folin if he can get similar player for free.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i like folin but its not like hes irreplaceable. i dont see him moving up the depth chart to a top 4 and sooner or later we will need to make room for newbies. so whats the issue? i still believe we never should have given up on blum. LA should go after him , i think hes in europe.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At present, Folin is a RH 6/7 Dman. He is no better than Prosser at present, but he has the potential to improve into a #5. I don't see him being any better than that. Part of his value is that he is a RHD, otherwise, he's not a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad