Proposal: LA/MIN, OTT/MIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Doesn’t change the fact they have significantly more value than Rossi, Ohgren and picks.

If the conditional first and future first cancel out we’re comparing Huberdeau and Weegar to Rossi, Ohgren and the 13.

The vets are easily more valuable.
Do they? Huberdeau was immediately a $10.5M sub 60 point winger right after the trade. I wouldn't trade Rossi, Ohgren or #13 straight up for him. Just an absolute boat anchor. Weegar is good, but the age doesn't really fit.

But if you prefer that sort of situation as compared to young players and picks, I guess more power to you :dunno:
2. Convenient you don’t want to list the pieces when it’s a guy who plays a power game.
I'm sorry I didn't want to list an entire novel for an example trade.

Here you go since you feel the need to be petty:

Meier+Harrington+Emond+Hatakka+Ibragimov+5th
for
Johsson+Zetterlund+Okhotiuk+Mukhamadullin+conditional 1st+conditional 2nd+7th

Conditions for 1st: If the pick is a top-two selection, New Jersey will instead transfer their own 2024 first-round pick.

Conditions for 2nd: If New Jersey makes the 2023 Eastern Conference Final and Meier plays in 50% of the games, or New Jersey makes the 2024 Eastern Conference Final, the pick upgrades to a 2024 1st round pick.

If 2024 1st is top 10, NJD have the option to instead transfer their 2025 1st.
Would you trade Kaprizov for 12 second round picks? That’s a ton of value. You probably wouldn’t because the odds are low of any of those pieces ever replacing what you’re giving away.
It's not even close to the same thing. An equivalent package to Rossi+Ohgren+#13+1st would be something like Pinto+Greig+#7+1st. That's before taking into account that Kaprizov is flat out substantially better than Tkachuk.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Show me one player in the last 20 years that got the equivalent of what the OP is offering in terms of picks, prospects and roster players.

This is not relevant as Brady is not being shopped. Using players that were actually traded, means they were more available than Brady is, and were closer to market value.

Example using different team:
Bedard's asking price from Chicago is probably higher than almost any trade in the history of the NHL. It doesn't mean he's the most valuable asset ever - it just means you're SOL if you're hoping to pay market value or anything close to it. Brady isn't Bedard, but the point should be pretty clear either way.

A solid example of having to pay that tax is Tanner Jeannot. Tampa clearly wanted him had had to pry him away. It didn't really work out for Tampa in that case, but if he had been availabe in the traditional sense - he'd have gone for a lot less.

Reactions: Bileur

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is not relevant as Brady is not being shopped. Using players that were actually traded, means they were more available than Brady is, and were closer to market value.

Example using different team:
Bedard's asking price from Chicago is probably higher than almost any trade in the history of the NHL. It doesn't mean he's the most valuable asset ever - it just means you're SOL if you're hoping to pay market value or anything close to it. Brady isn't Bedard, but the point should be pretty clear either way.

A solid example of having to pay that tax is Tanner Jeannot. Tampa clearly wanted him had had to pry him away. It didn't really work out for Tampa in that case, but if he had been availabe in the traditional sense - he'd have gone for a lot less.
I get what you’re saying and I gave up after the Tkachuk-Boldy swap went sideways in the thread I created. I've stated in several of my posts that I understand Ottawa fans not wanting to trade Tkachuk. But I’m going to respond when posters are saying an offer like Rossi+Ohgren+#13+1st+1st+Middleton is just a compilation of spare parts and that it’s basically trash.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad