Proposal: LA/MIN, OTT/MIN

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The package to Ottawa would be great, if Ottawa was rebuilding. They are trying to become a playoff team and a contender. The package would be great for 5 years down the road but that's not what Ottawa's management wants. I can guarantee that. They are not trading Brady.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
3 firsts + rossi is "putrid"?

13OA is a late first?

a 25/26 top-5 protected first is also a "late" first?

C'mon Bert. You can argue in better faith than this.
Its all spare parts. The most valuable asset is 13th for Brady thats not nearly enough quality. Minnesota wont be picking top 10 anyways so that pick is likely another middle first round pick.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
First off, if that’s what you got from the Boldy-Tkachuk thread you should probably go back to school to improve reading comprehension skills. Just an abysmal take on the discussion in that thread.

Minnesota is offering more than Eichel got in return in this offer. Top 15 pick + 23 year old middle 6 center (Rossi) + NHL ready prospect with 2nd line upside for this season (Ohgren) + 2nd pairing dman (Middleton) + two other 1st round picks. Eichel got top 6 winger (Tuch) + NHL ready injury prone prospect (Krebs) + top 10 protected 1st round pick + 2nd round pick.

I have not see very many proposals offering Rossi on this site. I can think of one thread that happened awhile ago. So I continue to think you don’t know what you are talking about.
Because I dont want to trade Tkachuk for Boldy I cant read? WTF are you talking about. Eichels package was way better Tuch is an actual good proven hockey player. 6'4 and can wheel, score and check. There is nothing like that in this package and Brady isnt asking for a trade like Eichel was. Terrible attempt at a comparison.

No team that is serious about winning has Rossi playing as a 2nd line center and he isnt a good enough checker to be a third line center. 0 Interest in the player. Too small not fast enough.

Krebs was a very similar prospect to Ohgren at the time of the deal. You cant evaluate your own team, you're way too big of a homer. Instead of calling out a ridiculous comment about reading comprehension how about you learn a little bit about the sport before running your gate.

I scouted the 67's and live in Ottawa im very familiar with Rossi.

Sens dont want your spare parts period. Unless Kaprizov is on the table which of course he is not they dont have the pieces to get Tkachuk without a massive overpay that surrounds Boldy or Faber. Dont like it fine go post in another thread about how overrated you think every player on your beloved Minnesota is.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Its all spare parts. The most valuable asset is 13th for Brady thats not nearly enough quality. Minnesota wont be picking top 10 anyways so that pick is likely another middle first round pick.
It's not spare parts.

Here are the 13OA picks from 2011-2020:

Knight, dellandria, bean, nick suzuki, seth jarvis, zboril, vrana, morrisey, faksa, baertschi

and here are the 21OA:
Noesen, jankowski, f. gauthier, fabbri, white, j. Gauthier, chytil, merkley, poulin, chinakov

Assuming Min finishes the same next year, take 2 from the first list and 1 from the 2nd and theres your return. Then add rossi and the other adds.

Then put $8.5M saved on this deal into a free agent to replace a bit of what Brady brought in the short term.

It's a good deal for the sens.

I'd do it without much thought.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's not spare parts.

Here are the 13OA picks from 2011-2020:

Knight, dellandria, bean, nick suzuki, seth jarvis, zboril, vrana, morrisey, faksa, baertschi

and here are the 21OA:
Noesen, jankowski, f. gauthier, fabbri, white, j. Gauthier, chytil, merkley, poulin, chinakov

Assuming Min finishes the same next year, take 2 from the first list and 1 from the 2nd and theres your return. Then add rossi and the other adds.

Then put $8.5M saved on this deal into a free agent to replace a bit of what Brady brought in the short term.

It's a good deal for the sens.

I'd do it without much thought.
They can do way better than that from a quality stand point. Only 3 of the players picked 13th have significant value. There is absolutely nothing guaranteed for the sens 24 year old unicorn type of player and captain who is signed for 4 more years. Not one player that is 21st overall is anything more than a wild card or journeyman you arent helping your case at all. Have absolutely 0 interest in Rossi he just doesnt have the package to help a competitive team win.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
They can do way better than that from a quality stand point. Only 3 of the players picked 13th have significant value. There is absolutely nothing guaranteed for the sens 24 year old unicorn type of player and captain who is signed for 4 more years. Not one player that is 21st overall is anything more than a wild card or journeyman you arent helping your case at all. Have absolutely 0 interest in Rossi he just doesnt have the package to help a competitive team win.
Agree to disagree

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
lol, what?

Yeah that dude was insane.

Lol. I wouldn't trade Brady for any of the packages I have seen, but if LA ever offered something like that Brady would be in LA already.

I said if somehow Brady wanted out and Ottawa agreed to move him. I offered Fiala, Spence, Ziemmer, and (2× 1st unprotected). He said he wouldn't make that trade and might do the above package but said he'd want a bonafide superstar in return.

I told him no way! He's asking for a Top line winger, a young #1/2C, #1/2D (one of the best dman prospects outside the NHL), and a 1st and still declining. He said I'd have to put one of Byfield or Clarke in the package and I told him I couldn't do that because I want the Kings to build around them.

Reactions: GCK

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022
To LA:
Filip Gustavsson
Rieger Lorenz
2nd

To Minnesota
1st Round Pick (21st overall)

LA needs a goaltender and while Gustavsson isn't the best on the market, he has shown to be a good 1A goalie in a tandem system and is cheap for what he brings to the table. Lorenz is a good prospect, but one that Minnesota has in spades. Another prospect that could eventually wind up in the middle six, though with the right coaching could be a top 6 guy. He helped Denver win the NCHC, and his stock hasn't been higher.

To Ottawa:
LA's 1st round pick (21st overall)
Minnesota's 1st round pick (13th overall)
Minnesota's 1st round pick (2025/2026 (top 5 protected)
Marco Rossi
Liam Ohgren
Jake Middleton

To Minnesota:
Brady Tkachuk
Jakob Chychrun

This a big trade, but Ottawa gets (3) first round picks, one of which they could move for a goaltender. They reset their defense by swapping out Middleton for Chychrun, both of whom are UFAs at the end of this season, with Middleton being cheaper than Chychrun, but Middleton two years older than Chychrun. They also get two younger players in Rossi and Ohgren, with Rossi starting to turn the corner. Ohgren is a guy that seems that you can plug him anywhere in the middle six of the roster and have him play. He's sort of an enigma right now, but he did end his season in the SHL pretty strongly. He was also the captain of the Swedish WJC.

Minnesota takes a big risk on Chychrun and hoping he can bounce back to what he was in Arizona. The big key of this is Tkachuk, which gives Minnesota a winger they've needed since Fiala was traded. They give up a ton, but they have one of the strongest prospect groups and it's time to utilize that.
This won't happen, the Sens basically say, lets re-rebuild as those 3 late round picks won't be contributing in Ottawa until 2028 and if they do they will likely be 3rd line players.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Didn’t Eichel require a neck surgery with uncertain outcome at the time of the trade?

That’s a pretty bad faith comparison on your part.
Show me one player in the last 20 years that got the equivalent of what the OP is offering in terms of picks, prospects and roster players.
If your looking for a player like Brady, Faber has to be part of the package, no if and or buts.

Funny as soon as a good Minny player is mentioned, Minny fans gets their backs up lol.
I offered Boldy. Are you gonna be dumb enough to sit here and tell me Matt Boldy, #13 in points for all left wingers, isn’t a good player? Please do. Show your true colors.
No worries, we offer you three 2nd rounders for your 1st rounder.
You surely don't want to act crazy and just agree, right?
If the roles were reversed, I definitely trade pick 21 for 45+Gus+Lorenz. You might be looking at the equivalent of a Lorenz level player at 21 LOL. This draft is low quality.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Because I dont want to trade Tkachuk for Boldy I cant read? WTF are you talking about. Eichels package was way better Tuch is an actual good proven hockey player. 6'4 and can wheel, score and check. There is nothing like that in this package and Brady isnt asking for a trade like Eichel was. Terrible attempt at a comparison.

No team that is serious about winning has Rossi playing as a 2nd line center and he isnt a good enough checker to be a third line center. 0 Interest in the player. Too small not fast enough.

Krebs was a very similar prospect to Ohgren at the time of the deal. You cant evaluate your own team, you're way too big of a homer. Instead of calling out a ridiculous comment about reading comprehension how about you learn a little bit about the sport before running your gate.

I scouted the 67's and live in Ottawa im very familiar with Rossi.

Sens dont want your spare parts period. Unless Kaprizov is on the table which of course he is not they dont have the pieces to get Tkachuk without a massive overpay that surrounds Boldy or Faber. Dont like it fine go post in another thread about how overrated you think every player on your beloved Minnesota is.
You literally still can’t comprehend. It’s just funny watching you babble on. Minnesota fans were not saying Tkachuk was or is bad. That’s where you need to apply reading comprehension.

It’s just comical watching you call me a homer. You and Golden Jet are having a competition every thread for who can be the biggest senator homer. The concerning part is, I don’t know who is winning! But I applaud your effort :)

Krebs couldn’t put together a healthy season starting in 2019. Maybe if he would have stayed healthy he would have been better. But that doesn’t change that the trade was in 2021 and he had significant issues as a prospect. Ohgren played and did well in a mens league and is a much better prospect. I’m sorry you value Krebs the way you do.

Nahhh, Minnesota wouldn’t trade Kaprizov for your spare part (Tkachuk). Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What’s either obsession of Wild fans for gutting the future to acquire Tkachuk? Maybe if it was Matt. Brady isn’t that good. Sens fans asks are ridiculous though I don’t blame them because their farm is a complete joke and they still have a wretched blueline.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What’s either obsession of Wild fans for gutting the future to acquire Tkachuk? Maybe if it was Matt. Brady isn’t that good. Sens fans asks are ridiculous though I don’t blame them because their farm is a complete joke and they still have a wretched blueline.
K

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Show me one player in the last 20 years that got the equivalent of what the OP is offering in terms of picks, prospects and roster players.

I offered Boldy. Are you gonna be dumb enough to sit here and tell me Matt Boldy, #13 in points for all left wingers, isn’t a good player? Please do. Show your true colors.

If the roles were reversed, I definitely trade pick 21 for 45+Gus+Lorenz. You might be looking at the equivalent of a Lorenz level player at 21 LOL. This draft is low quality.
Zero interest in Boldy!

Brady isn’t being traded without an overpay, so unless a package has Faber in it.
Or Kaprizov trade
If none of those players names, then there is no deal, like you’ve been told in this thread , and the other Brady threads.

So mods might as well lock er up now, just like the previous Minny proposals, until they create a new one next week lol.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You literally still can’t comprehend. It’s just funny watching you babble on. Minnesota fans were not saying Tkachuk was or is bad. That’s where you need to apply reading comprehension.

It’s just comical watching you call me a homer. You and Golden Jet are having a competition every thread for who can be the biggest senator homer. The concerning part is, I don’t know who is winning! But I applaud your effort :)

Krebs couldn’t put together a healthy season starting in 2019. Maybe if he would have stayed healthy he would have been better. But that doesn’t change that the trade was in 2021 and he had significant issues as a prospect. Ohgren played and did well in a mens league and is a much better prospect. I’m sorry you value Krebs the way you do.

Nahhh, Minnesota wouldn’t trade Kaprizov for your spare part (Tkachuk). Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:
LMAO, are you OK, Breathe deep and get some oxygen.
Maybe you’re having a hard time reading, would it be better if I YELL.
We don’t want your players for Brady, keep them since you like them so much.
Like you‘ve been told til the cows come home.
No Brady for you, go back to being a Homer,

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Minnesota would be crazy to give up Boldy for Tkachuk. Because the only way Ottawa moves Brady is if he wants out and Minnesota wouldn't/shouldn't be paying full price.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This won't happen, the Sens basically say, lets re-rebuild as those 3 late round picks won't be contributing in Ottawa until 2028 and if they do they will likely be 3rd line players.
The value here is that there's very little cap coming back. Sens would open up $8.5M while adding a bunch of futures.

Its not brady for all those futures...it's "the hit we take going from brady to an $8.5M UFA" for all those futures.

And mid firsts often turn out a lot better than 3rd liners. Nick suzuki, seth jarvis and josh morrissey were all drafted 13th overall in the 2010s. Plus two more firsts and marco rossi.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota would be crazy to give up Boldy for Tkachuk. Because the only way Ottawa moves Brady is if he wants out and Minnesota wouldn't/shouldn't be paying full price.
Not that Boldy is realistically on the table now, but I definitely don't see him being offered if Brady asks for a trade.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
We are cruising right towards a rebuild.
No hockey trade will prevent that.

Picking in the 1st round is our last little glimpse of hope and entertainment.
From here on we should trade players for picks, not the other way around

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

It’s Tkachuk and Chychrun.

Show me how many times in the last 20 years a first line power forward (or just a first liner) and a top 4 defender, both in their prime, were traded in the same deal.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It’s Tkachuk and Chychrun.

Show me how many times in the last 20 years a first line power forward (or just a first liner) and a top 4 defender, both in their prime, were traded in the same deal.
I’ve been operating like Chychrun isn’t even in the deal. But…

If you make rental Chychrun worth Middleton+1st, that still leaves Rossi+Ohgren+pick #13+1st (#21 or future). Who has pulled a 23 year old middle 6 center + NHL ready prospect + top 15 pick + another 1st? There has to be an extremely short list of players that have got that in return.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’ve been operating like Chychrun isn’t even in the deal. But…

If you make rental Chychrun worth Middleton+1st, that still leaves Rossi+Ohgren+pick #13+1st (#21 or future). Who has pulled a 23 year old middle 6 center + NHL ready prospect + top 15 pick + another 1st? There has to be an extremely short list of players that have got that in return.

Matthew Tkachuk got Huberdeau, Weegar, a first and a lower level prospect. That’s better than Rossi, Ohgren and two picks.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Matthew Tkachuk got Huberdeau, Weegar, a first and a lower level prospect. That’s better than Rossi, Ohgren and two picks.
1. Brady Tkachuk is not Matthew Tkachuk. Matthew was/is significantly better and had just come off a 100+ point season. I don't see Brady as that level of player, but more of a point per game power forward; really good, an excellent target for Bill Guerin and someone I can understand Ottawa fans saying is just not available unless he asks for a trade.

2. Both Huberdeau and Weegar were coming into their final year of their contract and due significant raises. Both in their late 20s, not u23 players. The pick wasn't top 15 and had protections. Esssentially two rentals + conditional 1st + prospect. Calgary then made a mistake by signing Huberdeau to a massive contract, which was a huge downside to their end of the trade. Weegar is good and has a nice AAV, but maybe signed a little too long, that sort of counter balances the Huberdeau deal. Both deals will end when the players are in their late 30s.

3. If there are no more players, isn't that proving my point? Look at other trades in the past:

Reinhart ~ Levi+1st
Fiala ~ Faber+1st (Minnesota lucked into Faber being a top pairing guy)
Debrincat ~ 1st+Kubalik+prospect+4th
Meier ~ (too many moving pieces, not going to post it out lol)

A package like Rossi+Ohgren+top 15 pick+future 1st is a substantial package. I get not wanting to trade Tkachuk, I really do. But the comments talking about how these are spare parts are just embarrassingly misinformed.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
1. Brady Tkachuk is not Matthew Tkachuk. Matthew was/is significantly better and had just come off a 100+ point season. I don't see Brady as that level of player, but more of a point per game power forward; really good, an excellent target for Bill Guerin and someone I can understand Ottawa fans saying is just not available unless he asks for a trade.

Matthew is not Brady, but Brady also hasn’t asked for a trade and is under contract. Which Matthew wasn’t.

2. Both Huberdeau and Weegar were coming into their final year of their contract and due significant raises. Both in their late 20s, not u23 players. The pick wasn't top 15 and had protections. Esssentially two rentals + conditional 1st + prospect. Calgary then made a mistake by signing Huberdeau to a massive contract, which was a huge downside to their end of the trade. Weegar is good and has a nice AAV, but maybe signed a little too long, that sort of counter balances the Huberdeau deal. Both deals will end when the players are in their late 30s.

Doesn’t change the fact they have significantly more value than Rossi, Ohgren and picks.

If the conditional first and future first cancel out we’re comparing Huberdeau and Weegar to Rossi, Ohgren and the 13.

The vets are easily more valuable.

3. If there are no more players, isn't that proving my point?

Not really, it shows how valuable guys like Brady are.

Reinhart ~ Levi+1st

RFA
Fiala ~ Faber+1st (Minnesota lucked into Faber being a top pairing guy)

RFA

Debrincat ~ 1st+Kubalik+prospect+4th

1 year left on deal and openly indicated no interest in extending. Undersized player (like Rossi, but far more proven).

Meier ~ (too many moving pieces, not going to post it out lol)

1. RFA
2. Convenient you don’t want to list the pieces when it’s a guy who plays a power game.

You may not be aware but hockey trades like contract status impacts value and demanding trades impacts value.

If we ever get to the point that Brady asks for a trade, which isn’t the case, you can be sure Minnesota won’t be destination #1.

A package like Rossi+Ohgren+top 15 pick+future 1st is a substantial package. I get not wanting to trade Tkachuk, I really do. But the comments talking about how these are spare parts are just embarrassingly misinformed.

It is substantial, but it doesn’t have that key piece that teams demand when they’re trading an elite asset.

Would you trade Kaprizov for 12 second round picks? That’s a ton of value. You probably wouldn’t because the odds are low of any of those pieces ever replacing what you’re giving away.

Last edited:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Depends on the circumstances. If you think a year from now there is a chance that moving Kaprizov is a realistic possibility, 12 second round picks might look really good compared to what happens when the league finds out you need to move him.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Depends on the circumstances. If you think a year from now there is a chance that moving Kaprizov is a realistic possibility, 12 second round picks might look really good compared to what happens when the league finds out you need to move him.

Maybe. But that’s not the scenario we’re in. Nor would Minnesota be one of the teams Brady would force his way to using his NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad