La Liga 2023-24

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Fermin heads Barca ahead from a Raphinha cross.

Good movement by Fermin, but Valencia's 19 year old CBs and their two other defensive players totally missed Fermin and let him got loose. It was four against one situation. The only competent guy was marking Lewa at least.

Embarrasing misskick mistake by Ter Stegen, Hugo Duro scores easily.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Awful from Ter Stegen, but not sure what Araujo was doing letting up on his run back.

We should win this match 100%, but things like that and we’ll drop points.

Fermin heads Barca ahead from a Raphinha cross.

Good movement by Fermin, but Valencia's 19 year old CBs and their two other defensive players totally missed Fermin and let him got loose. It was four against one situation. The only competent guy was marking Lewa at least.

That was on Mosquera really. Fermin was right there. Anyway, happy for Fermin. As much as I’d be inclined to sell him to some rich English club, happy he’s playing because he’s earning his keep. Glad to see Pedri on the bench after that bullshit on Madrid’s third goal in the Clasico.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Araujo terrible tackling mistake causing a PK, which Pepelu converts. Mamardashvili with a good long kick for the breakthrough pass.

Valencia now 2-1 up even though Barca has had more of the ball.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mamadarshvili gets away with a clear handball outside the area, preventing Yamal getting through all alone at goal.

Should be a red.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mamadarshvili gets away with a clear handball outside the area, preventing Yamal getting through all alone at goal.

Yeah, but per the Madridistas we pay the refs and get all the calls and it’s now going to VAR 2 minutes later. Now watch the ref blow for half time.

We were giving the match to them and now they well have given it to us.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah, but per the Madridistas we pay the refs and get all the calls and it’s now going to VAR 2 minutes later. Now watch the ref blow for half time.

We were giving the match to them and now they well have given it to us.
1714421818987.png

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hmmm. Not sure about those subs, though not sure it’ll matter.

I can see that goal being called back. Edit: I think Fermin is moving for the ball and I’d have called that back, but not sure how much here’s interfering.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That goal must have been allowed to stand only because Barca had paid the ref enough.

:sarcasm:

But I agree with you, could have been disallowed because of Fermin, who was offside and made some movement towards the ball, even though he didn't block keeper's view or interfere him at all.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That goal must have been allowed to stand only because Barca had paid the ref enough.

:sarcasm:

But I agree with you, could have been disallowed because of Fermin, who was offside and made some movement towards the ball, even though he didn't block keeper's view or interfere him at all.

Yeah, somewhat of a tough call and depending on what you’re considering when making a decision.

As for that first goal, I would’n’t even blame Mosquera. Midfielder was beaten by Fermin and didn’t pick him up. That said, sometimes it’s more a matter of the offensive player making a good play and the defense not being able to do anything even if they wanted to. Fermin has been very determined again today and despite his size difficult to stop.

Considering their lineup and inexperience at the back, have to give Valencia credit so far. Vazquez, another kid I’d keep an eye on, is doing well with Yamal.

Reactions: Turbonium

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Now that was some up and down attacking from both sides, but Pedri with great backtracking and stole the ball away at last second.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Araujo gets his head on the ball preventing Domenech fisting the ball away, and the ball falls to Lewa who expertly heads it in.

Lewa crowns his hattrick with a well taken curled free kick.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, nice goal for Lewandowski. It’s a tough situation with him because he’s got a contract, will get a raise and keeps putting up numbers. However, his performances this season have been inconsistent and I think we need a more mobile player up top. Would be nice if he took a well deserved payday and went to Saudi Arabia and we could bring in somebody else.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think he slipped marking Lewandowski on the striker’s second goal, but overall I thought it was an impressive match from Gasiorowski and the stats look good too.

2 tackles and 100% success rate
5 interceptions
3 blocked shots
6 clearances
Not at all dribbled against, and he was switched out to LB for the last 20 minutes or so

@Vasilevskiy this is the CB I’d go after if we’re fishing in Valecia’s pond.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Yeah, somewhat of a tough call and depending on what you’re considering when making a decision.

As for that first goal, I would’n’t even blame Mosquera. Midfielder was beaten by Fermin and didn’t pick him up. That said, sometimes it’s more a matter of the offensive player making a good play and the defense not being able to do anything even if they wanted to. Fermin has been very determined again today and despite his size difficult to stop.

Considering their lineup and inexperience at the back, have to give Valencia credit so far. Vazquez, another kid I’d keep an eye on, is doing well with Yamal.

Pretty frustrating to watch Valencia struggle so much due to a terrible owner. Their social media team tries to highlight the fact that they use their academy players more than almost any other top division team in Europe but it's only due to Lim refusing to spend any money.

Amunt!

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Joselu finally manages to score after missing some good chances earlier. Unlikely offensive contribution by Nacho with the final pass.

Brahim Diaz had a very good match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad