La Liga 2023-24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There’s a post mocking Barca… Evilo “where!?”

Anyway the author of this post is being misleading with his questions. If they are even accurate.
Again I'm still on Laporta's management.
How do you give 4M to a 17 year old kid who's only played 19 Liga games and starting his career?
I mean he might well worth it soon, but what message does it send to LA Masia's kids?
I'm pointing at this because some salaries there are inflated by Bosmans or bidding wars. Some are horrible but some context is needed.
However, there's just no excuse to Cubarsi's salary. Or am I missing some context there too? Was he free to go? Did he have some huge offers in the table elsewhere?

This salary grid is what's killing Barca. And so many of those players aren't even needed.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Have to give a shout out to Sergi Roberto as the club just gave him his fair well. Obviously not our best player ever, but a loyal guy who never played despite being played out of position the vast majority of the time.

Surprised and curious as to why Nico Williams isnt starting for Athletic Club. Anyone more knowledgeable care to chime in?

Simple. He just returned to training.

List the most outrageous salaries here.
There are some numbers which I didn't believe at first.

Wow, someone’s either bored with PSG (can’t say as I blame you) or over-excited about the Gamper result. Anyway, yeah, a lot not to like there if you’re a Cule. While I get some of the signings, some of the contracts are ridiculous not only when you look at the wages, but also the length of the contracts. I’m sure it’s not easy getting the likes of Lewandowski to sign a one or two year deal, but then you just don’t sign them. This is why I’ve been saying in the transfers thread and for years why we have to get rid of the dead weight.

There’s a post mocking Barca… Evilo “where!?”

Anyway the author of this post is being misleading with his questions. If they are even accurate.

She’s simply a fan. Her questions are fair, but she obviously doesn’t understand some of the context. For example, De Jong’s salary which she doesn’t mention, consists of wages he deferred during Covid.

Again I'm still on Laporta's management.
How do you give 4M to a 17 year old kid who's only played 19 Liga games and starting his career?
I mean he might well worth it soon, but what message does it send to LA Masia's kids?
I'm pointing at this because some salaries there are inflated by Bosmans or bidding wars. Some are horrible but some context is needed.
However, there's just no excuse to Cubarsi's salary. Or am I missing some context there too? Was he free to go? Did he have some huge offers in the table elsewhere?

This salary grid is what's killing Barca. And so many of those players aren't even needed.

I don’t disagree with you entirely on Cubarsi, but the message it might send to La Masia kids is if you make the first team you’ll be rewarded.

As for the salaries, again, some are crazy, but under Laporta the wages have been brought WAY down.

Speaking of salaries, the dude who looks like he’s trying to take angry dump doesn’t seem to be doing much:

https://www.capology.com/club/psg/salaries/#google_vignette

I had no idea how much of a boat anchor Fati is and he is signed until 2027.

He is, but there are others there. Still, I’d offload Fati for nothing at this point. I’d try and trade him first, but if we got nothing for him I’d still let him go. Wanted him gone last season. Hate to be harsh, but he’s never been the same player since the last major injury.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So Olmo is ruled out against Valencia. I won’t read anything into this apart from he just joined up with the team for preseason training. However, one of the reasons I wouldn’t have signed him is his injury record. First reason would have been as I’ve already stated, wouldn’t spend that much (or much of anything really) on a kid who chose to leave. Also, we don’t really need him at a time when finances are tight. Still, apart from that, the guy has missed a lot of matches with Leipzig. Hopefully we don’t see a repeat of that here.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Valencia was the better team on the 1st half but they could not keep it up on the 2nd. I would have liked us to kill the game while they were dead tired. Anyways, a win is a win but we're going nowhere if we have to play the likes of Ferran Torres

Reactions: luiginb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad