Low Effort GDT LA Kings vs. Ottawa Senators (RDS2, TSN5)

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
He had that hustle and was great defensively.

On another note, MacEwen probably deserved the 1st star. Fought Jeannot in defense of Zub (whom in the past no one has really had his back) and destroyed him, got the 2nd goal to give the Sens some life, and the 5-5 tying goal late when things were starting to look bleak. He was mucking it up all game long and delivered some great hits. Also, he was great on the cycle and maintained some good offensive zone pressure.
Totally agree. Scoring 2 goals while only getting a little 4-5 minutes of ice time by that point was outstanding.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Isn’t today evidence that there is something seriously right with this team? Didn’t matter how many bad goals went in they stuck to the plan. Didn’t get emotional. Didn’t get stupid. Kept chipping way. Kept their composure.

First Claude Giroux and then Brady Tkachuk between the periods:

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Turns out he was not, they suggested he might be in the broadcast but Green in the presser seemed to confirm he just pulled him
I saw that later, thx for confirming.

I want to say a thank you to all of the posters today. I was unable to see the game but all of the commentary throughout the thread made me feel like I was watching it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
His hockey IQ has just kept dwindling and dwindling and now he mostly plays like a moron. The skills are still there I guess but they can't cover his constant mistakes.
We have to hope that he can unlearn everything he taught himself to survive DJ.

It is doable but do we have enough time?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

This is the chabot play that f***ing enraged me.

A D-man pinched, that kind of play happens a million times in a season. Do you want to know what the problem was?

Drake Batherson and Travis Hamonic were the 2 guys defending.

Chabot had very few options, he could have placed the puck behind the net or try to provoke a rebound like he did but nobody drove the net (except Norris who was quite slow at getting there) so it was in vain. No issue though as the lowest forward has to cover for him. Gregor went for a hit, Norris was late on the play so it created a 2 on 2, which shouldn't have really been a problem. All that said, Clarke had to run into the goalie to make it a dangerous play. If he didn't, most likely a routine play where nothing happens.

Look at 0:02 seconds how the other Sens players were positioned :facepalm: and there is still some blaming Chabot here lol

Who's that "everyday Sens" blogger? I mean, very basic sequence analysis... why do people struggle so much with that?

Reactions: starling and GCK

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A D-man pinched, that kind of play happens a million times in a season. Do you want to know what the problem was?

Drake Batherson and Travis Hamonic were the 2 guys defending.

Chabot had very few options, he could have placed the puck behind the net or try to provoke a rebound like he did but nobody drove the net (except Norris who was quite slow at getting there) so it was in vain. No issue though as the lowest forward has to cover for him. Gregor went for a hit, Norris was late on the play so it created a 2 on 2, which shouldn't have really been a problem. All that said, Clarke had to run into the goalie to make it a dangerous play. If he didn't, most likely a routine play where nothing happens.

Look at 0:02 seconds how the other Sens players were positioned :facepalm: and there is still some blaming Chabot here lol

Who's that "everyday Sens" blogger? I mean, very basic sequence analysis... why do people struggle so much with that?
Ya, Batherson is there, he just gave a little space and then got burned on his pivot.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Chabot finds himself taking a shot from the corner like that and starting a breakout for the opposition

Every.

Single.

Game.

Once you notice it you can't un-see it. Whether or not he's picking up the right guy on the backcheck is completely irrelevant to me. I really just wish he'd stop this one man rush to the f***ing corner of the rink all the time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Isn’t today evidence that there is something seriously right with this team? Didn’t matter how many bad goals went in they stuck to the plan. Didn’t get emotional. Didn’t get stupid. Kept chipping way. Kept their composure.

It's both.

There are still some serious issues that need to be ironed out and relearned the right way....but there is some good material to work with.

At this point, it's mostly on who we have in the organization right now. We have some talent, some brawn, some youth....it's up to those guys to finally put it together. Will it happen and how far will they go.....I have no idea.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ya, Batherson is there, he just gave a little space and then got burned on his pivot.

We have a bit too many players who don't defend well, offensive minded guys who need to become better defensively if we want to progress. Batherson is the farthest thing from a D-man

That said, I found that Hamonic had a good game today but maybe that's because the Kings are even slower than us

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It's as though you Adrianopolous and agent zuub are all the same person.
@Agent Zuuuub is a good poster I disagree about Branny but one of those 3 is not like the others.

His hockey IQ has just kept dwindling and dwindling and now he mostly plays like a moron. The skills are still there I guess but they can't cover his constant mistakes.
That was supposed to be a change. Chabot played it fine.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We have a bit too many players who don't defend well, offensive minded guys who need to become better defensively if we want to progress. Batherson is the farthest thing from a D-man

That said, I found that Hamonic had a good game today but maybe that's because the Kings are even slower than us
Ya hard to argue that, and Batherson seems like one of the worst in that end, to me at least. I like that he's in position, so kudos to him for that, and I don't expect him to be a force defensively, but not moving your feet quickly and waving a stick at a guy coming with speed, as you give him 6 or so feet to work with, is no mans land for a defender.

It seemed to me like Hammer and Chabot actually played the other guy well enough but it's tough when there's so many bodies with so much speed all heading towards the net. Sometimes, that puck just gets willed off someone on those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad