Kings News: LA Kings Re-Sign Robyn Regehr to a 2 Year Contract Extension @ $3 Million Per Season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty rare for this to go on during the playoffs.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Who wants to take a guess at who had the worst possession numbers from todays game?

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Who wants to take a guess at who had the worst possession numbers from todays game?

I thought Regehr got exposed pretty badly today. Looked like he had trouble with the faster Hawks forwards and he made some horrible pinches.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I thought Regehr got exposed pretty badly today. Looked like he had trouble with the faster Hawks forwards and he made some horrible pinches.

You could replace "Regehr" in your sentence with "Kings" and you pretty much described the performance of every player in Game One. They all looked exposed out there, and yes, even Doughty looked bad out there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That was probably the worst game Doughty has played all playoff's.

Even he looked slow, and turned the puck over a few times.

Deleted member 93010

That was probably the worst game Doughty has played all playoff's.

Even he looked slow, and turned the puck over a few times.

By the end of the game he looked dead tired. I don't think I've seen him like that all year.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
For what exactly? Sometimes I hate you guys.

For never playing with intensity. They simply showed up and as usual, Quick kept them in the game only to have another brilliant performance be thrown in the trash. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

KingKopitar11*

Doughty needs a better player on D than RR. Poor kid has to cover his ass too.

Deleted member 93010

Doughty needs a better player on D than RR. Poor kid has to cover his ass too.

Unfortunately, quality defensemen are not easy to come by, especially when you can't overpay for them (like we did with both Scuderi and Mitchell).

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
The Kings actually find it so easy to find quality defencemen, that they have 1 sitting in the press box every night

Deleted member 93010

The Kings actually find it so easy to find quality defencemen, that they have 1 sitting in the press box every night

I like Martinez, but he isn't exactly the type of defenseman I'm talking about. Would you feel comfortable with him as your replacement for Mitchell or Scuderi?

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
I like Martinez, but he isn't exactly the type of defenseman I'm talking about. Would you feel comfortable with him as your replacement for Mitchell or Scuderi?
I guess Regher is supposed to be the replacement for Mitchell. Seeing how Muzzin has developed over the course of this playoff year, and knowing what Martinez can do, it would not surprise me at all to see those two playing not Greene or Scuderi out of their jobs (though Scuderi may leave on his own), but Regher, sometime in the next one to two years. This team needs defensemen who can move the puck out of the zone quickly, and Regher cannot do that.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Can you amnesty a player as soon as his new contract kicks in?

This please. Just ****ing brutal. I really don't think he understands how to play a 1 on 1 to save his ****ing life. You either step up on the guy or get out of the ****ing way so your goalie can see the shot. He does neither. He just screens Quick. And **** for brains. **** I want Willie back.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
No, you just need to grow up and realize that players are going to have poor games.
Or that some players just aren't that good, as illustrated by ample statistical data and anecdotal evidence.

Regher is not a good player. He's 33 now, and his play will deteriorate. This was a poor signing by Lombardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad