Kings Article: LA Kings’ Rob Blake On Jordan Weal: “There’s Not A Lot of Players Like That Aroundâ€

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps not at the NHL level, but he played most of last season with Manchester on right wing, and they play the same system, so he CAN play there. The question now is: can he do that at the NHL level? Of course, the question is: can he do anything at the NHL level (since he hasn't played at that level yet)...
Weal played C the entire season!

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
Weal played C the entire season!

I was confused by this as well. I remember reading something about them trying him at wing... But every game I watched towards the end of the season (and playoffs ), he was only playing center.

Captain Mittens*

HA!!!

Boba brings it everyday. For realz doh, ya feel it? Part 7 will be Puck bunnies call Jordan "Hot Wheels".

I know, I suck at it. I bow to the master man.

Actually, that was really well done! :bow:

But you did forget part 6: Is this the Weal life? Is it just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from Weality.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ah I get it now...the pasta from outta space was being facetious.

How do you stretch Jordan Weal into two parts anyway? It's like an anthology or something.

Peter Jackson got 3 movies out of a book that was only 288 pages. Gann can easily get a 2 parter out of an interview with Weal .:laugh:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Ah I get it now...the pasta from outta space was being facetious.

How do you stretch Jordan Weal into two parts anyway? It's like an anthology or something.

It's the new internet, where clickbait is king. Honestly this first article is about 3x longer than your average "news" article these days. 600 words? break it up into 5 pages...

Anyhow, there sure is a lot of excitement around a 4'6" 23 year old who hasn't played a minute in the NHL. I mean, I hope you guys are right, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Last edited:

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
It's the new internet, where clickbait is king. Honestly this first article is about 3x longer than your average "news" article these days. 600 words? break it up into 5 pages...

Anyhow, there sure is a lot of excitement around a 4'6" 23 year old who hasn't played a minute in the NHL. I mean, I hope you guys are right, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Pretty myopic view. But like I said, to each his/her own.

If you think this is all click bait, just wow. After all, if hits was the motivation, I could've broken the story up into 4-5 stories.

Or...perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying about clickbait...hard to tell.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You'll be sorry when he scores 50 goals this season. :nod:

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
image.php

This is just wrong

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Pretty myopic view. But like I said, to each his/her own.

If you think this is all click bait, just wow. After all, if hits was the motivation, I could've broken the story up into 4-5 stories.

Or...perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying about clickbait...hard to tell.

No, wasn't saying your article is clickbait, the opposite actually. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

You'll be sorry when he scores 50 goals this season. :nod:

I'll be ecstatic if he scores 50, but I'm going to temper my expectations and be thrilled with 5 instead. :)

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
No, wasn't saying your article is clickbait, the opposite actually. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

I got your meaning. Those articles "10 Factors that..." and the article is broken up into 10 pages, not to mention you can't find the right arrow button to get to the next page because of the 300 ads with arrows in them. I hate those. Yeah, thankfully Frozen Royalty doesn't do that. It's like the opposite of click bait.

I'll be ecstatic if he scores 50, but I'm going to temper my expectations and be thrilled with 5 instead. :)

One off the elbow, one off the butt, one off the skate, one that barely trickles over the goal line and one in a shootout (the only goal scored in the shootout). Isn't that how it goes for rookies? :)

Captain Mittens*

One off the elbow, one off the butt, one off the skate, one that barely trickles over the goal line and one in a shootout (the only goal scored in the shootout). Isn't that how it goes for rookies? :)

or Stu Grimson

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Yeah, wasn't sure which direction you were going. Sorry about that.

I have a question for you since it has been brought up. I typically have liked your articles and have been very vocal about that point but after reading what has been written in this thread it does bring to mind a question that I am hoping you can explain. Why is this article being broken into so many parts? Just curious and not asking as some sort of condemnation. But after reading parts 1 and 2 I can see any reason that they couldn't have been posted together.
:dunno:

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
I have a question for you since it has been brought up. I typically have liked your articles and have been very vocal about that point but after reading what has been written in this thread it does bring to mind a question that I am hoping you can explain. Why is this article being broken into so many parts? Just curious and not asking as some sort of condemnation. But after reading parts 1 and 2 I can see any reason that they couldn't have been posted together.
:dunno:

Simple. Length. First story was long, and the second one was even longer.

Can't please everyone...

jace29

Dec 11, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
to people suggesting weal should be the 3C, do you really feel that he is better than Shore for that spot?

I would say Weal has more offensive upside, but in terms of NHL readiness and a complete game, I just think Shore fits into that spot much better. But I would like to hear other's opinions on this

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
I was confused by this as well. I remember reading something about them trying him at wing... But every game I watched towards the end of the season (and playoffs ), he was only playing center.

You're right. I went back and listened to my interview with Rob Blake again. I thought he said that Weal had been playing on the wing. Apparently, I misunderstood him.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
to people suggesting weal should be the 3C, do you really feel that he is better than Shore for that spot?

I would say Weal has more offensive upside, but in terms of NHL readiness and a complete game, I just think Shore fits into that spot much better. But I would like to hear other's opinions on this

No. If you want your third line to be your shutdown line, Shore's a better choice for 3C. Shore has shown the ability to bring out better performances from his linemates, so maybe he can get higher production from King and especially Brown. Weal is to be slotted at wing from the rumors. He'll have to start on the 4th line, most likely, to show he's not a defensive liability. The "problem" is that you have 3 Top 9 wingers.

Now if you had Lweis centering Weal and a scoring winger, or Dowd centering Lewis and Weal, you might have a 4th line that could score more goals than usual. Just don't make Weal the only person on the line who doesn't have stone hands, or it's a Weal waste of Jordan's skill set.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The boldfaced is why I say that. I kind of agree with you. As is, he probably shouldn't START the year there, but if he's an NHLer he should probably finish the year there, because Shore's game is better suited to a 4th line than Weal's imo. Let them fight for it, by all accounts they both love the battle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad