Rumor: Kyper: It's no secret the Leafs will go after Montour if he's unsigned after the finals, Tanev has also never left Treliving's list.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Worse? He's been as good if not better. Are we watching the same games?

Zito should look into signing Montour and find a way to move on from Ekblad.
He's not scoring near as much as last year, I think that was the point being made.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Hes been significantly worse this year than last, is 30, and is not good defensively. Leafs just cant help themselves lol
Montour terrifies me as a signing.

A guy who’s only ever been good a few years on a great team and turning 30?

That’s a nightmare contract waiting to happen.

I highly encourage the Leaf’s to pursue him

myleafs

May 25, 2021
IH

He has returned, but was he not let go a couple of years ago with Doug Maclean.................why would you bring back a dud like Kipper? The BS he spews is garbage.....pure foolish speculation.
Made a fool of himself when Stammer signed down in TB and Nick said he was for sure, signing in TO
LOL
I don't get the Kyper hate, I don't mind him at all. I get if you or others don't agree with him but to take personal shots is curious to me. He has played in the nhl and has connections so he has some legitimacy and I mean, he is on a show that talks about the leafs and he throws stuff out there to talk about including his opinion. Personally, I take anything anyone says on tv or on the internet about the leafs with a grain of salt anyways.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't get the Kyper hate, I don't mind him at all. I get if you or others don't agree with him but to take personal shots is curious to me. He has played in the nhl and has connections so he has some legitimacy and I mean, he is on a show that talks about the leafs and he throws stuff out there to talk about including his opinion. Personally, I take anything anyone says on tv or on the internet about the leafs with a grain of salt anyways.

The problem with Kyper is he's wrong A LOT, he spent a portion of last year talking about how Matthews could leave, that was NEVER going to happen and anybody who was paying attention knew that.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi and Mckay

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Tanev would be a great add for them. Treliving probably should’ve just nutted up at the TDL too instead of Lyubushkin and Edmundson. Might not have been another first round exit.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Tanev would be a great add for them. Treliving probably should’ve just nutted up at the TDL too instead of Lyubushkin and Edmundson. Might not have been another first round exit.
Unless Tanev was going to provide solid goaltending or scoring, he wasn't really the missing piece.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Tanev's a good pickup for anybody but you have to go into it understanding that he might get hurt at the drop of a hat.

Montour is going to be somebody's mistake this summer. After Zadorov.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd be very wary of taking any of the Panthers dmen. There's a reason these guys are all suddenly working out despite not working well on any of their prior teams.

Most likely guys like Montour will return to their pre-Panthers form quite quickly with a new team

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
True, but the guy is such a blow hard.....................remember the Stamkos ufa last time? Kipper says, there is no way he gives TB a discount.....the Leafs are offering a 11M plus endorsements and hours later he stays in TB for 8M LOL

He might have some insider info, but not in TB!!
He is also a schill for the PA throwing around crazy amounts of money when he has his airtime.....guy is just plain wrong most times, and annoying.....

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
True, but the guy is such a blow hard.....................remember the Stamkos ufa last time? Kipper says, there is no way he gives TB a discount.....the Leafs are offering a 11M plus endorsements and hours later he stays in TB for 8M LOL

He might have some insider info, but not in TB!!
He is also a schill for the PA throwing around crazy amounts of money when he has his airtime.....guy is just plain wrong most times, and annoying.....
Why come in the thread, then? To show everyone how smart you are by informing us he can't be believed? Perhaps easier to just move along.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Wow you must be a huge leafs fan considering you know all the players the toronto media is talking about.

Makes sense that toronto media will keep making up nonsense when people like you are desperate to hear every word they say
Or they live in Southern Ontario, because hockey news here is all Toronto all the time… really sucks for those of us who aren’t leaf fans

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Who isn’t on the leafs list? Getting tired of hearing they’re getting every player- the New York Knicks of the nhl
I don‘t think anyone is saying they are going to get everyone, but they have some holes to fill, so of course they are going to kick the tires on all of these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad