Rumor: Kyper: It's no secret the Leafs will go after Montour if he's unsigned after the finals, Tanev has also never left Treliving's list.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Hes been significantly worse this year than last, is 30, and is not good defensively. Leafs just cant help themselves lol
I was going to say something similar. Of all the panthers defensemen, he looks like he’s just hanging on at this point. And he’s an atrocious powerplay QB.

Whoever gives him 8 million dollars for 7 years, beware.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Alright so according to Toronto Media, the Leafs will be signing:

Montour
Tanev
Zadorov
Joshua

Did I miss anyone?
Where are the goalies?

Related to the thread, Montour is the kind of d-man the Leafs could really use. They've needed a puck mover for a few years, yet end up signing or trading for third pair grit d-men. Montour might get overpaid, but at least he fills a hole.

Jan 21, 2018
Alright so according to Toronto Media, the Leafs will be signing:

Montour
Tanev
Zadorov
Joshua

Did I miss anyone?

Wow you must be a huge leafs fan considering you know all the players the toronto media is talking about.

Makes sense that toronto media will keep making up nonsense when people like you are desperate to hear every word they say

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs using Kypreos to signal their interest in these guys is a way to gum up any contract negotiations that may be in progress and slow roll them to the free agency, consider the possibility of being a Leaf before July 1. That’s how the media game is played.

• Haha
Reactions: piqued and TS Quint

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Take it for what it's worth because it's Kyper but he's saying that Montour is a Leaf target and if he's unsigned after the finals the Leafs are going after him, and he would be a big addition if they pulled it.

He's also claiming that Tanev has never left Treliving's list, that doesn't surprise me considering how aggressive he was in trying to trade for both Tanev and Zadorov already, I expect at least 1 of Tanev or Zadorov to be a Leaf after free agency.

There is to much smoke around Brad Treliving for there to be no fire, something is coming
Where? Link to a tweet or a source?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hes been significantly worse this year than last, is 30, and is not good defensively. Leafs just cant help themselves lol
IH
Obviously they aren't signing them all but they have the cap room to make some significant moves.

Nope still on TV for Sportsnet
He has returned, but was he not let go a couple of years ago with Doug Maclean.................why would you bring back a dud like Kipper? The BS he spews is garbage.....pure foolish speculation.
Made a fool of himself when Stammer signed down in TB and Nick said he was for sure, signing in TO
LOL

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Where are the Leafs getting the cap space to sign these UFAs to the big numbers they will get?

21 million with 3 D 1 g and like 2 forwards to sign.

They could also get space by dumping Kampf/Jarnkrok for Robby and dewar.

Orrrrrr you know. Marner.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Who isn’t on the leafs list? Getting tired of hearing they’re getting every player- the New York Knicks of the nhl

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IH

He has returned, but was he not let go a couple of years ago with Doug Maclean.................why would you bring back a dud like Kipper? The BS he spews is garbage.....pure foolish speculation.
Made a fool of himself when Stammer signed down in TB and Nick said he was for sure, signing in TO
LOL

I mean, I think in this case he's probably right. they probably are going to go after Montour and Tanev, I also think you can add Pesce and Roy, and Roy and Zadorov and Myers to that list.

I also think they investigate the trade market.

I think they will be in on everybody when it comes to defense because they they have to be.

I also think they land a couple of significant pieces becauxse again they have to.

So he's right, not because he's credible but because they really don't have a choice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
21 million with 3 D 1 g and like 2 forwards to sign.

They could also get space by dumping Kampf/Jarnkrok for Robby and dewar.

Orrrrrr you know. Marner.

If they trade Marner and don’t replace him that forward group looks pathetic

Just worse version of Edmonton Oilers

Worse? He's been as good if not better. Are we watching the same games?

Zito should look into signing Montour and find a way to move on from Ekblad.

There’s no way you can say that

Last year was his peak, this year it’s been a total Forsling show

Reactions: piqued

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If they trade Marner and don’t replace him that forward group looks pathetic

Just worse version of Edmonton Oilers

There’s no way you can say that

Last year was his peak, this year it’s been a total Forsling show

Ok. Not saying it’s a good idea. I’m saying it’s easily possible

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Everyone imagines ex-team members of long standing returning at a huge discount. Tanev to the Canucks is one of the very few cases where I could see it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad