New York Islanders: Kyle MacLean signs 3 year extension 775k AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 5.25.44 PM.jpeg

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
At that AAV you sign him for as long as you can...

Lou's has had a savvy offseason...
- Hogberg (solidfying 3rd goalie position)
- Tsyplakov (top KHL UFA, potential bottom six replacement)
- Got a Russian goalie whisperer (Naumovs) in Bridgeport
- MacLean on a long term deal at league minimum (775K)

Also signed Warren Marshall who likely is just minor league depth but nonetheless could turn into something.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lou had a windowless white van parked outside of MacLean’s house. Worked like a charm.
heard it had a 13' porthole window, which is even scarier. Because it had illegal tints...

• Haha
Reactions: MJF

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think the league minimum goes up after next season to $800k. Not sure if that includes current contracts though.
I don't believe it would include current contracts because a.) this contract would have been contested by the NHLPA since it would have been below the league min. and b.) we are still in the '23-24 "season" because the Cup finals are still being played.

The "next" season does not turn over until July-ish when the Cup finals are completely done and we are approaching the unrestricted free agency period.

I'm assuming MacLean wanted the security as opposed to the extra 75K (25K x 3 years) that would have been <50K when taking into account taxes when it's all said and done.

Reactions: SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Like the signing. Young, cheap, relentless and mobile. If he can work on his puck skills and face offs he could carve out a niche as a quality 10-15 goals per year bottom sixer.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Standard Lou move. Even more perfect that the AAV wasn't reported by the "team" (as there's exactly one person from the entire organization who actually speaks with the media like maybe twice a year).

This doesn't move the needle...And the needle needs to be moved like a ton this offseason.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Standard Lou move. Even more perfect that the AAV wasn't reported by the "team" (as there's exactly one person from the entire organization who actually speaks with the media like maybe twice a year).

This doesn't move the needle...And the needle needs to be moved like a ton this offseason.

I think this enables them to now have flexibility to make a needle-moving move. I think Pageau goes now and they roll Horvat-Nelson-Cizikas/MacLean-Cizikas/MacLean.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think this enables them to now have flexibility to make a needle-moving move. I think Pageau goes now and they roll Horvat-Nelson-Cizikas/MacLean-Cizikas/MacLean.

Every offseason some vets with something left in the tank (think Parise, Perry, etc 3 years ago) who offer more than MacLean does sign for vet minimums, so trust me when I tell you that this signing doesn't really do anything in terms of what Lou needs to do.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If only minimum wage was $775k per hr. I would flip burgers for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad