Recalled/Assigned: Kuemper/Dowell recalled \ Hackett/Zucker sent down

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Figures. It made no sense to keep Zucker on the 4th line. However, I would've rather sent Coyle down instead of Zucker, but obviously they didn't want to mess with the top 6.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Can't wait to see Zucker again in a line other than number 4. He'll light up the AHL.
Kuemper has been very nice when we've seen him, and I'm pretty confident with him in net. Backs will eventually come back to earth and need a rest.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
happy with this. get zucker playing big minutes including pp, he's a huge part of our future. dowell with fit much better on the forth line.

THEALLKNOWING*

Coyle doing just fine on the 1st line. The miniscule Parise needs him on there to do the dirty work behind the net. Zucker a bit hesitant/tentative in the defensive zone, so some top line minutes will help. Smart kid, eager to learn, he knows what to work on down in Houston.

I don't get the Hackett send-down considering he didn't play.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Remember that Zucker got hurt - Coyle on the other hand, is delivering hurt. He also got Kronwalled and was no worse for wear.

Coyle is physically ready - Zucker and Granlund, maybe not yet.

Dowell will be perfect press box/locker room material.

As for the goalies, whatever - they're both good.

If somehow GMCF can find a taker for Butch, unlikely as it seems, Zucker gets his spot back. That would be my ideal scenario.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Coyle should be the one sent down. Don't understand the infatuation the brass has for Coyle. That first line has been arguably the worst line at times.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Coyle should be the one sent down. Don't understand the infatuation the brass has for Coyle. That first line has been arguably the worst line at times.

Not sure what your issue is with Coyle, but I think he looks fine right where he's at. His size and ability to keep the puck down low has definitely paid off...

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This means Bouchard is not being traded. Yeo likes what he's done since being put back on that 2nd line.

I like Dowell. He's a good 4th liner.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I understand why they have Coyle on the first line.
You're "understanding" it because you'll never question the logic based on who's running the show.

Not sure what your issue is with Coyle, but I think he looks fine right where he's at. His size and ability to keep the puck down low has definitely paid off...
The issue is that he's not nearly as good as Zucker. Zucker outplayed him badly in Houston ---> Coyle gets called up first and gets handed a top line job because of his "size". Zucker outplays him in the NHL while getting little ice time ----> Zucker gets send down instead.

This management has strange ideas.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This means Bouchard is not being traded. Yeo likes what he's done since being put back on that 2nd line.

Maybe, maybe not...it could be that they are showcasing Bouchard in the hopes that a trade offer comes.

The issue is that he's not nearly as good as Zucker.

I disagree....I think Coyle has done a fantastic job, thus far, and is showing continual improvement.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

I like Dowell. He's a good 4th liner.

I have to say, the 4th line was better with Rupp than with Zucker - there's a role player's mind-set there.

Zucker will thrive and continue to grow in Houston, just as Granlund is.

Bright future - if only Bulmer could re-find his mojo.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I have to say, the 4th line was better with Rupp than with Zucker - there's a role player's mind-set there.

Zucker will thrive and continue to grow in Houston, just as Granlund is.

Bright future - if only Bulmer could re-find his mojo.
Except that the difference between Zucker and Granlund is that Zucker was actually having success and scoring and never looked to be struggling.

While i certainly do not buy the silly statement that the top line has been our worst line at times i do say that the top line should be more productive then it has been and as long as Zucker was on the roster why not throw Zucker out there for a game or two and see what happens? As i said earlier it is low risk move.

Bothers me a little bit that Yeo is so comfortable with the offense that he doesn't feel the need to have Zucker involved.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Bothers me a little bit that Yeo is so comfortable with the offense that he doesn't feel the need to have Zucker involved.

There's nothing stopping them from immediately calling Zucker up if Bouchard stumbles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad