Value of: Kucherov to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Strome
Dal Colle
1st

That package makes me hesitate. I'd probably do it, but it's close.

The Lightning sure as hell wouldn't. You could put a gun to Yzerman's head and he would die before signing that pathetic excuse for a deal.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The Lightning sure as hell wouldn't. You could put a gun to Yzerman's head and he would die before signing that pathetic excuse for a deal.

:shakeheadLOL if you wouldn't do it, ok, but this is the exaggeration of the decade.:help:

Remember this is under the assumption Tampa is forced into trading Kuch.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
:shakeheadLOL if you wouldn't do it, ok, but this is the exaggeration of the decade.:help:

Remember this is under the assumption Tampa is forced into trading Kuch.

Even in that imaginary world the Lightning would get a far better return than that.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Some colossal overrating of Nick Leddy in this thread....
He's consistently ranked in the top 30-50 of the league's best defensemen, making him a legitimate first pairing defenseman. If anything he is underrated. There's a perception that he earned from his time in Chicago that he wasn't to be trusted defensively and was best used as a 5th-6th in an offensive role.

Since then he's become an extremely reliable defenseman as well as being an excellent puck-mover.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The Lightning have no use for futures. They're primed to win the Cup now. This season. If they're trading Kucherov they need to get back a player of equal value. Not quantity futures that do nothing for them.

I doubt Stevie Y is this stupid to not have cap space left over for his 2nd most important player outside of Hedman.

I would think he'd sooner give Bishop away for free or give a 1st attached to Callahan or Filppula to clear cap space than trade Kucherov.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
The Lightning have no use for futures. They're primed to win the Cup now. This season. If they're trading Kucherov they need to get back a player of equal value. Not quantity futures that do nothing for them.

I doubt Stevie Y is this stupid to not have cap space left over for his 2nd most important player outside of Hedman.

I would think he'd sooner give Bishop away for free or give a 1st attached to Callahan or Filppula to clear cap space than trade Kucherov.

Kucherov won't be going anywhere. If the Lightning can't clear space for him the Isles should offer Greiss + 1st round pick for Bishop.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I love the enthusiasm but the answer is no all around. Long Island would be a great landing spot for Kuch but there's nothing the Islanders would give up to make the deal happen.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Hamonic
MDC
2017 1st

Then Isles take the 7/3/1 route.
Protected:
JT/Ladd/Strome/Nelson/Lee/Clutterbuck/Kucherov
Pulock/Leddy/Boychuk

Snow offers Vegas something nice so they keep their hands off DeHaan.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Hamonic
MDC
2017 1st

Protected:
Pulock/Leddy/Boychuk

Vegas will take DeHaan, he might be really good under a real coaching staff. If Vegas don't need DeHaan they would offer him to all other 30 teams on June 22, maybe for a 1st rd pick in 2017 plus something nice.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hamonic
MDC
2017 1st

Protected:
Pulock/Leddy/Boychuk

How does that work for Tampa though? Harmonic is a nice piece but we already have our 3 defenseman protection slots lined up in Hedman, Stralman and Koekkoek. Unless we have a deal lined up to trade Stralman + MDC + 1st for a Kucherov like player on a cheaper deal than what Kucherov will get it doesn't help us in anyway.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Hamonic
MDC
2017 1st

Protected:
Pulock/Leddy/Boychuk

No. Hamonic is a top pairing defenseman on a great contract. Kucherov is great, but wouldn't trade Hamonic for him.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

This man gets it.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Hamonic
MDC
2017 1st

Protected:
Pulock/Leddy/Boychuk

So after Snow was unwilling to trade Hamonic for Hall, he's gonna trade Hamonic + MDC + 1st for a similar player in Kuch? :help:

Also, Clutterbuck is a '17 UFA so doesn't need to be protected, and they wouldn't protect him anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad