Value of: Kucherov to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
No way Kucherov gets moved but Hypothetical:

Strome+MDC+maybe a good pick

Don't think the bolts move kucherov unless they are getting back either hamonic or leddy. He's there best player if you look at the past 2 years (reg+playoffs) combined. They would want a top 2 dmen for him and even than I think they would want to keep him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Since Pulock needs to be protected there's no combination of lesser parts that would work and the closest 1 for 1 is Tavares which heavily favors the Lightning, there's no deal to be made.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
NYI do not have the pieces to land Kucherov, unless Leddy/Tavares are involved. Tampa won't want a bunch of pieces/prospects. They want to win

He's not going anywhere

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
big difference in value

I know, thats why I said involved. Only pieces of interest if I was trading Kucherov.

Edit: tampa fans have yet to chime in, but don't think they'd go for a package of prospects

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
We've been over this in several threads already. Unless Tavares is coming back our way you aren't getting Kucherov.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I know, thats why I said involved. Only pieces of interest if I was trading Kucherov.

Edit: tampa fans have yet to chime in, but don't think they'd go for a package of prospects

I posted my thoughts on a trade, Pulock needing protection kills any deal. I would ask for Pulock + Barzal + MDC/1st. NY has no other top level D prospects and we don't need all forwards so Ho Sang/Strome are of no need.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Just for fun, Kucherov isn't being dealt so that's that.

That's not it. If he wants 8 million per year then there is a good
chance he is traded. I'm sure Tampa does not want to trade him
but in a cap world sometimes teams have to make difficult choices.
Chicago won 3 cups this decade. How many players were traded since their
1st cup? A lot.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
they crap all over him in tampa but do ny has money to sign
him? the answer is an resonant no

Islanders have 2.4 million in cap space with Grabovski's 5 million
most likely going to LTIR. They will have space.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That's not it. If he wants 8 million per year then there is a good
chance he is traded. I'm sure Tampa does not want to trade him
but in a cap world sometimes teams have to make difficult choices.
Chicago won 3 cups this decade. How many players were traded since their
1st cup? A lot.

Okay seeing that the Islanders have less to spend then Tampa who are they going to move out to afford $8 million if that's what Kucherov is seeking.

The Islanders are no more in position to take on Kucherov then Tampa is a still have to resign John Tavares in a couple years.

Kucherov will be resigned and then Yzerman will look to make other moves like maybe trade Filppula or another player possibly.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
There isn't much the Isles could off for Kuch. Lightning are going to have some major issues with expansion as it stand...most of the pieces offered....Strome, Hamonic, MDC, etc....all have to be protected at the expansion draft and the Lightning are already in a tough spot.

Kuch isn't going anywhere unless it is a 1 for 1.....and the only player in the same hemisphere on the Isles is JT?..and that isn't going to happen.

And no I am not saying JT = Kuch. Not by a long shot.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Okay seeing that the Islanders have less to spend then Tampa who are they going to move out to afford $8 million if that's what Kucherov is seeking.

The Islanders are no more in position to take on Kucherov then Tampa is a still have to resign John Tavares in a couple years.

Kucherov will be resigned and then Yzerman will look to make other moves like maybe trade Filppula or another player possibly.

A team with cap space would be smart to offer sheet Kucherov. Sure it makes them look bad but they can handicap a cup contender or pay some first rounders (likely late ones) for one hell of a player.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
this a trade that will never happen. The bolts want to win now. And they sure as hell wont be giving up their best player from last year for lesser players that might pan out as good/top scorers in 3 to 5 years.
They will do everything they can to keep a ridiculously good core of forwards in Kucherov, Palat, Johnson, Stamkos, Drouin and whoever else.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
What's the latest on ho sang? I haven't heard much about him since he was drafted.

He had some missteps. Was late to camp last year and was sent home. Went back to the OHL and channeled that energy into a great year (66 gms 19G 63A 82 pts +28). Seems to have matured a lot in that time. I'm excited to see what he does at the AHL this year and for his future. He's known for his passing, vision, skating and stick handling and he worked hard on his 2 way game last year. I think he's going to have a better focus on scoring going forward. Kid has crazy talent. Just hope his head catches up and it seems like it will.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad