Kucherov started off where he finished on top after being robbed of the Hart

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
I think Kucherovs most impressive strech might actually have been November 14 2018-end of that season.

View attachment 918519
Scoring at a 140 point pace at that time was incredible.
Few, if any are saying that Kucherov is not impressive, but the OP of this thread starting it to dunk on MacKinnon for whatever insane reason and at the time of the thread, 40% of Kucherovs 5 points were empty net goals.

It is easily arguable and obviously voters, both writers and players, agreed by a wide margin that 2023-24 specifically MacKinnon was the most valuable and most outstanding player.

If he posted this saying that Kucherov is on his way to a great season, ignoring the "robbed" part, this would be a nice cordial Kucherov blow fest. Instead he invited people to dunk on anything they can find around Kuch and the Lightning.

Something tells me you remember EVERYTHING from those Tampa runs :laugh:
I had 3 masks on and 12 boosters at that point. I was on another planet.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Crosby IS those things. There is context for why his dominance is seemingly lessened. I have a feeling you really don't think Crosby would be putting up better numbers than Kucherov has if he were the same age in this era. Which is just flat out obtuse.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Let the rage simmer on low, sit back, and remember that you said Crosby is second only to McDavid.

You're talking about Crosby like he hasn't been outscored by lesser players, and I'm not even talking about later on when he was stymied by the likes of Benn, Tavares, and Kane.

During seasons in which Crosby played 77-81 games, Ovechkin outscored him in three out of four seasons during their first five years. Malkin beat him clean in 2008-2009. It's not a stretch to think that Kucherov outscores Crosby at least a time or two, when he's already done so to McDavid, who is better than Crosby ever was.

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Should be a lock for 130+pts this year, he's also likely to reach a new career high in goals without PP merchant MIDamkos playing a factor as his personal cheatcode anymore.

Wish he would've experimented with center during his early years though. I feel like him and Point down the middle would've balanced the scoring tremendously for a team like Tampa. They look like a big gigantic one line team right now but it's still early before players like Cirelli start heating up.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Few, if any are saying that Kucherov is not impressive, but the OP of this thread starting it to dunk on MacKinnon for whatever insane reason and at the time of the thread, 40% of Kucherovs 5 points were empty net goals.

It is easily arguable and obviously voters, both writers and players, agreed by a wide margin that 2023-24 specifically MacKinnon was the most valuable and most outstanding player.

If he posted this saying that Kucherov is on his way to a great season, ignoring the "robbed" part, this would be a nice cordial Kucherov blow fest. Instead he invited people to dunk on anything they can find around Kuch and the Lightning.

I had 3 masks on and 12 boosters at that point. I was on another planet.
it turns out McDonalds did in fact rig the hart voting last year in order to ensure a decade's worth of free salt from OP

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This isn’t the only time Kucherov has put together long stretches of high level play, as noted by @Matsun in post #145.

Crosby of 2010-2011 through 2012-2013 is a legend that is way overblown. He had a 25 game heater after a slow start in 2010-2011 that juiced his per game numbers since he obviously only played half a season. 2011-2012 has no real conclusion to be draw. 2012-2013. He played this shortened season at a level no higher than anything we’ve seen some of the high end talent the last few seasons. Either way, it’s a short stretch of play for Crosby, Frankenstein’s monster stitched together over parts of partial seasons.

It was a beautiful 25 game point streak in 2010-2011 (that ended before the concussion). My preference is when a player puts together multiple, much longer stretches.

And by bringing up Crosby’s production at age 18 (awesome rookie year no question about it), you’re ignoring that scoring was essentially the same in that particular year with the highest amount of powerplays ever awarded.

I don’t doubt that Crosby would routinely hit 120, achieve at least a few 130+, but I’m not so sure about scoring at an extended (70+ games) 155 point pace or getting 153 in a beginning to end self-contained season effort like McDavid. Scoring 93 and 94 at age 35 and 36 seems like decent evidence he can tag on 40 points if he were ten years younger. But then I look at him at age 22 and I’m not so sure that he tags on 40 points just because scoring is up 10-12% in 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 compared to 2009-2010.

“He had a 25 game heater”

More like the best 25 games any player has put together this millennium. A 25 game point streak with 2 points and over a goal per games, especially in that era is a little more than a heater that boosted your per game numbers 😂

Reactions: BallardEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad