Kucherov started off where he finished on top after being robbed of the Hart

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Nate was gifted the hart for his Canadian factor and he wasn't the best or most dominate player. Didn't he throw a tantrum last week or something? I just got my power back Saturday from the hurricane.
Didn’t he win the Lindsey as well? Are players racist too?

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
Kucherov is the best forward behind McDavid the way I see it.

But Anze Kopitar would shut both of them down while scoring a game winner on top of that the way he’s playing right now.

Doughty is going to come back stronger than ever. I think the Kings might be the dark horse pick no one’s talking about
ha? Kopitar had 3 straight years of shutting mcdavid in the playoffs. How did that workout for the kings?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1) If he didn't have his two cherrypicking ENG's he'd be tied for 16th in PPG with Ovie

2) He wasn't robbed of anything. Saying he was "robbed" totally discredits MacK's 140 point season as a Center and wasn't cushioning his stats with FIFTEEN empty net points.

3) For as blase-blase as you Tampa fans like to act about people not liking the Lightning or Kucherov, you sure are insecure.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I respect the argument that Kuch deserved the Hart last year, but he wasn't robbed. The case for Nate was also very strong.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the hunt for the Hart this season

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
lol robbed. if The hart vote was closer or if he won the lindsay, id buy this, but his record setting empty net season had a lot to do with why the vote wasnt remotely close.

But he is Russian, so thats why he was robbed, right?

Hart voting - 1740 to 1269

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian . A kucherovless lightning do not make the playoffs last year, but a Mackinnonless avs make it in that cupcake division.
You think players dont notice this?

EmptyNetAssassin

Dec 16, 2011
FL
4 points.

Just getting the Art Ross does not make you defacto MVP. It gives a good case though.

McKinnon Makar Rantanen 3 guys above 70 points.

Kucherov Stamkos Point Hedman Hagel 5 guys over 70.

I'd like to think removing MckInnon from his team would be a bigger difference maker.

My thoughts anyways

-We could discuss hitting over 50 goals possibly more important. McKinnon being a center
lol robbed. if The hart vote was closer or if he won the lindsay, id buy this, but his record setting empty net season had a lot to do with why the vote wasnt remotely close.

But he is Russian, so thats why he was robbed, right?

Hart voting - 1740 to 1269
Kucherv scord more even strength against top 10 teams and had more ppg. Sorry

kuch had better ppg against top 10 games, had a higher ppg, had more points in less games,and had a 40 point lead over his closet teammate. Vasi and the lightning defense were awful last year and kucherov carried them. Seen Stamkos this year ? He can't score without kucherov feeding him . Rantanen scores fines minus Mackinnon. Tantrum throwing Mackinnon also got to play in a much weaker division and conference last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
kuch got what he deserved last year, he was runner up because he was only the 2nd best player.

if mcdavid is healthy none of this will matter as it's his trophy to lose. kuch will have to fight mackinnon again this season for next best player. could go either way

FWIW a healthy McDavid lost the Hart, Pearson and Art Ross to Kucherov in 2019.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
kuch had better ppg against top 10 games, had a higher ppg, had more points in less games,and had a 40 point lead over his closet teammate. Vasi and the lightning defense were awful last year and kucherov carried them. Seen Stamkos this year ? He can't score without kucherov feeding him . Rantanen scores fines minus Mackinnon. Tantrum throwing Mackinnon also got the playoff in a much weaker division and conference last year.
You threw this out hoping no one would double check it, didn't you?

In 232 minutes of 5v5 hockey last season with Rantanen but without MacKinnon on the ice, the Colorado Avalanche scored 8 goals. Not Rantanen. The team.

That's not only worse than with them on the ice as a duo, or with MacKinnon but without Rantanen, but that scoring rate is worse than when neither Rantanen nor MacKinnon was on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad