Kucherov Hattrick

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Good for him, it still counts as 3 goals, haters can suck some d.

I’m not the biggest Kuch fan by any stretch, but hating on someone for getting two empty netters and a PP goal is just plain stupid.

I’d love to see Matthews get a few this year, hell yeah.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I think the difference between Gretzky and Crosby here is not how many career EN points Kucherov has per-game or whatever (which is entirely normal), but that he effectively won the 2024 Art Ross trophy on EN points. That is, if he'd posted his career-average EN points last season (say, 5 or 6) he probably doesn't win the Art Ross.
Other players are welcome to score EN points as well and win Art Ross on them. It's not like last year's Art Ross required a 100-assist season or something.
I would guess if you split Kucherov 's career into halves they would look quite different in terms of ENP/GP. He's always been one of the worst defensive players in the league, his coach just now supports his statpadding
Yeah, it's losing hockey, they will never win a Cup with that coach supporting statpadding. He should bench Kucherov next game to teach him a lesson that you don't win on scoring EN goals.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Thing is, if you’ve coached or played you know it’s a good strategy.

If one man stays high when the other team pulls the goalie, it forces the opponent to not fully commit to manning the point. But even if they do, and the puck comes out, it’s an easy EN goal. Game over.

The popular fan idea that all the players on the team leading are supposed to drop into a d-zone shell is a recipe for allowing prolonged pressure at the very least (and icings). The team with the extra skater loves it.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kucherov absolutely cherry picked when we were up by two goals with 10 seconds left, because he is smart enough to know his defense didn't matter at that point and confident enough to not care what others thought.

Watching people rage about it here is entertaining though, don't stop HF

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Other players are welcome to score EN points as well and win Art Ross on them. It's not like last year's Art Ross required a 100-assist season or something.

Yeah, it's losing hockey, they will never win a Cup with that coach supporting statpadding. He should bench Kucherov next game to teach him a lesson that you don't win on scoring EN goals.
Well considering that Kucherov isn't being used in the same way during EN situations in the playoffs indicates it is solely about stat padding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad