Speculation: Kucherov/Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Can't wait for Kucherov to sign so all this talk can end.

Agreed...you guys had to deal with this stuff with Stamkos last season (and who knows how much before that). I'd absolutely love Kucherov on the Devils, but I really don't see a realistic trade option (or offer sheet since it's been brought up before) here.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
you think kucherov takes the devils from the 20th place team to top 5?

No but you are forgetting the purge from last yeas team, the addition of Hall, hopefully a healthy Cams, and a handful of youngsters to inject some spark
You have two 30 G scorers, I think Hall has to prove to edm what they gave up on, Cam was having a great season (ppg) before he got hurt. There is potential

Yes you lost Larsson but it appears Shero is having his time picked up by committee
An OS/trade is not likely but this team should move up 7-10 spots imo

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Devils could sign him to a 46.9M contract. 7.82M per, 6 year length. Two firsts, a second, and a third as compensation.

Tampa has 6.2M in cap space, but that is with only a 20 man roster. A 22 man roster with 1 spot for Kucherov puts them at around 4.5M of cap space give or take a few 100k.

A 7.82M cap hit would be hard enough for Tampa to match, and would be in line with what Tarasenko got off of his ELC.

Unless Yzerman gets incredibly lucky, the only way I can see him being able to match is to choose to trade Johnson or Palat for draft picks. Trading Filp or Bishop without taking back cap at this point probably isn't a possibility. Even then, it will be very very tight cap wise as that would only really create about 2.5M in space because he'd have to pay a replacement body 800k or so.

Again, compensation is based on the total contract OVER FIVE YEARS. 46.9M / 5 years = 9.38 compensation, which is 4 first round picks.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Honestly I think the devils are picking top 3 next year so this is good for Tampa.

Yes they have a great goaile, but their defense is bottom 5 in the NHL now. On offense, they have a severe lack of quality C depth, Zajac is a #2 at best, and their wingers aren't good enough to make up for all of that. It doesn't matter if they have 3 or 4 30 goal guys, I think they won't be able to outscore their issues.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly I think the devils are picking top 3 next year so this is good for Tampa.

Yes they have a great goaile, but their defense is bottom 5 in the NHL now. On offense, they have a severe lack of quality C depth, Zajac is a #2 at best, and their wingers aren't good enough to make up for all of that. It doesn't matter if they have 3 or 4 30 goal guys, I think they won't be able to outscore their issues.

Finish 19th. Add Taylor Hall and Pavel Zacha, rookie coach gets a year of experience, purge the filler trash that's anchoring you down. Drop 8 spots in the standings. Makes total sense.

Funny how when Larsson was on the Devils he was overrated and a bust, now that he's gone our D is atrocious and we have no chance at success without him. People see what they want to see.

You know "defense" is just more than defensemen, right? The Devils have some superb two-way forwards and a system based on speed and turnovers. We didn't have the horses to run it effectively, now we do.

Especially if the Devils do this deal and add Kucherov, you REALLY think they'll regress that badly? We were in playoff contention WITHOUT Cammalleri until February.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Agreed...you guys had to deal with this stuff with Stamkos last season (and who knows how much before that). I'd absolutely love Kucherov on the Devils, but I really don't see a realistic trade option (or offer sheet since it's been brought up before) here.

He would be exactly what the Devils need but this isn't happening. Anyone thinking Yzerman won't get this done is betting against the odds. He's taken care of everything else so I'd say he isn't letting our best forward go anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad