Speculation: Kucherov/Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Tampa has around $6 million in cap space, Kutcherov and other important players need new contracts or extensions. The Devils have the 2nd most available cap space in the nhl... why not take advantage of that?

Devils make an offersheet worth $9,131,644 x 8 years

Draft pick compensation = 2 First Round Picks, 1 Second and 1 Third Round Pick

How can Tampa match that?

1) THEY CANT OFFER 8 YEARS

2) that is valued at 15mil a year for rfa compensations sake. all rfa's compensation is based on at max 5 years.

$9 million x 5 years

4 first round picks... I don't value late round picks highly so I'd do it

Last edited:

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
Tampa has around $6 million in cap space, Kutcherov and other important players need new contracts or extensions. The Devils have the 2nd most available cap space in the nhl... why not take advantage of that?

Devils make an offersheet worth $9,388,079 x 8 years

1) THEY CANT OFFER 8 YEARS

2) that is valued at 15mil a year for rfa compensations sake. all rfa's compensation is based on at max 5 years.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
8765490dcc6b8256e3b18169367c729c.png

devils dont have their own 3rd round pick too.

i wish it would happen though

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
It's $1 less than the four first round draft picks compensation. :laugh:

Except when you use the actual compensation rules, it's 4 1st round pick compensation. :shakehead

For offer sheet purposes, AAV is determined by dividing the total compensation offered by the lesser of the length of the contract, or by 5. For contracts longer than 5 years, this will result in a higher AAV than expected. Example: a 6 year offer sheet worth $20 million total, would be considered an AAV of $4 million ($20 million divided by 5) for offer sheet compensation purposes.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
so they can't use a 3rd round pick that they received in a trade to replace their own??? how does that make sense

Because that's the rule.

For the record, the condition of that pick was never disclosed, we don't know for sure if NJ owns that pick or not.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
so they can't use a 3rd round pick that they received in a trade to replace their own??? how does that make sense

No. Oilers traded back for their 3rd in the Penner offersheet. I think the pick they traded (2nd?) for their 3rd back was used to select Hamonic.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i for one would like to see it happen just once. when was the last time we seen seen it ? ( an offer sheet ) i dont know. can someone tell me ? penner ? i would think kuchero v is well worth 2 late firsts late second and a late third ?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
i for one would like to see it happen just once. when was the last time we seen seen it ? ( an offer sheet ) i dont know. can someone tell me ? penner ? i would think kuchero v is well worth 2 late firsts late second and a late third ?

Their have been 5 offersheets since Penner: David Backes, Steve Bernier, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Shea Weber, and Ryan O'Reilly. The O'Reilly offersheet was the last one that occurred right after the lockout and was hilarious given the fact he had to pass through waivers prior to being added to Calgary's roster and they would of still had to give up the compensation.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Devils could sign him to a 46.9M contract. 7.82M per, 6 year length. Two firsts, a second, and a third as compensation.

Tampa has 6.2M in cap space, but that is with only a 20 man roster. A 22 man roster with 1 spot for Kucherov puts them at around 4.5M of cap space give or take a few 100k.

A 7.82M cap hit would be hard enough for Tampa to match, and would be in line with what Tarasenko got off of his ELC.

Unless Yzerman gets incredibly lucky, the only way I can see him being able to match is to choose to trade Johnson or Palat for draft picks. Trading Filp or Bishop without taking back cap at this point probably isn't a possibility. Even then, it will be very very tight cap wise as that would only really create about 2.5M in space because he'd have to pay a replacement body 800k or so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB probably matches anything that approaches $8m and figures out how to move pieces around afterward. Somewhere in there there's a magic line though where, anything over that number, and we just take the picks. We're probably taking four 1sts from a non-playoff team.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If they were smart they'd do 1 year 6.5 million. He either signs and Tampa trades someone and matches and their in this situation again next year or they get him for 1 year without giving up as much assets and he's still a RFA next year.

Why does he do if? It's more then Tampa can offer him. Plus he knows that they will probably resign him as of January 1st and can afford his price tag

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Devils make an offersheet worth $9,131,644 x 8 years

$9 million x 5 years

4 first round picks... I don't value late round picks highly so I'd do it

you think kucherov takes the devils from the 20th place team to top 5?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad