Value of: Kubalik out of Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
We all know the unfortunate Pinto situation in Ottawa.

Many people point toward trading away Joseph adding a few picks to make it worth it given his contract, but why not just send away Kubalik for nothing on a rebuilding team like Anaheim, SJ or Anaheim? Should be a lot easier to do than trying to ship Joseph.

2,5 millions should be enough to sign Pinto short term, and Kubalik could bring a team a 3rd rounder at the deadline if he scores a bit on his new team.

Kubalik + 3rd/4th for future considerations, would someone bite?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We all know the unfortunate Pinto situation in Ottawa.

Many people point toward trading away Joseph adding a few picks to make it worth it given his contract, but why not just send away Kubalik for nothing on a rebuilding team like Anaheim, SJ or Anaheim? Should be a lot easier to do than trying to ship Joseph.

2,5 millions should be enough to sign Pinto short term, and Kubalik could bring a team a 3rd rounder at the deadline if he scores a bit on his new team.

Kubalik + 3rd/4th for future considerations, would someone bite?

Kubalik has scored at a 24 goal per 82 game clip since he entered the league.

All for 2.5 million.

You can see why Ottawa would be hesitant to give that up without an overpayment.

I wonder if any teams have made any offers?

Reactions: bossram

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Kubalik has scored at a 24 goal per 82 game clip since he entered the league.

All for 2.5 million.

You can see why Ottawa would be hesitant to give that up without an overpayment.

I wonder if any teams have made any offers?
I'm so curious too. What a cheap, goal-scoring asset that would be to a team (hopefully in the West).

Reactions: bossram

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm so curious too. What a cheap, goal-scoring asset that would be to a team (hopefully in the West).

You'd think there would be a team that would offer a 4th...and then another team would say "all it takes is a late 3rd and I can have a ~25 goal scorer for 2.5 million? And then another team says "we could use a 25 goal scorer. An early 3rd would be a steal for a ~25 goal scorer with only a 2.5 cap hit. And so on and so forth. That's how these bidding wars start.

Teams care more about improving their team and stacking their own cupboards for a good price rather than if a team they're not competing against can now bring on Pinto.

People act as if the sens bringing on Pinto matters in the slightest to western Conference teams. They're looking to improve their team. If that means trading a late 2nd for a ~25 goal scorer for 2.5, they're not going to be thinking about Pinto on Ottawa when they pull the trigger.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think Nashville would be more interested in Kubalik than Garland as the rumors indicated before the Schenn injury. No idea what the ask from Nashville would be, but I could see a fit as we could use more finishers.

Reactions: Armourboy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Given how tight cap space is all over the league, a 2.5M hit is significant, and if we assume Ottawa doesn't want to take back any cap at all, there aren't that many teams interested in adding that cap hit, and most of those aren't in a win-now mode, looking for added goals.

I expect the best deal Ottawa might get would be for someone on a 2-year deal at a lower salary, a guy with another season on his contract at 1.5-1.7, that Ottawa might bury but it would free up cap room for this season (at the expense of nexr year, when Ottawa's cap crunch will have evaporated, anyways).

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I think Nashville would be more interested in Kubalik than Garland as the rumors indicated before the Schenn injury. No idea what the ask from Nashville would be, but I could see a fit as we could use more finishers.
Would Cole Smith be available? If not, I could see Sherwood and a mid-pick getting it done, or just a mid prospect.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Given how tight cap space is all over the league, a 2.5M hit is significant, and if we assume Ottawa doesn't want to take back any cap at all, there aren't that many teams interested in adding that cap hit, and most of those aren't in a win-now mode, looking for added goals.

I expect the best deal Ottawa might get would be for someone on a 2-year deal at a lower salary, a guy with another season on his contract at 1.5-1.7, that Ottawa might bury but it would free up cap room for this season (at the expense of nexr year, when Ottawa's cap crunch will have evaporated, anyways).

lol
You realize that it’s never going to happen no matter how many threads you post this in…right?
Ottawa is not going to trade Pinto, and let’s say they did it’s not going to be for garbage downgrades we don’t need.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
lol
You realize that it’s never going to happen no matter how many threads you post this in…right?
Ottawa is not going to trade Pinto, and let’s say they did it’s not going to be for garbage downgrades we don’t need.
Other threads were about Pinto, this one is about Kubalik. You can look at the title of the thread to know what the discussion will center on.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Other threads were about Pinto, this one is about Kubalik. You can look at the title of the thread to know what the discussion will center on.

Hahaha clearly I have pinto derangement syndrome.

So back on topic.
If they move Kubalik it will be for nothing but a pick, or ottawa would send a small something.
You’re over complicating it IMO

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Hahaha clearly I have pinto derangement syndrome.

So back on topic.
If they move Kubalik it will be for nothing but a pick, or ottawa would send a small something.
You’re over complicating it IMO
I just see the cap as being so tight, it becomes more important than a lot of actual hockey considerations.

For example, I'd like my Habs to move Armia (2x3.4M) for Myers (1x6M) to free up cap space for next season (and in the process freeing up cap space this season for Vancouver). It makes no hockey sense at all for either team, really, but it works cap wise for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad