Value of: Krug to Washington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Just thinking out loud here, Washington has no D other than Carlson signed for next year. They probably won't rebuild like St Louis is. What if they moved Orlov as a rental and then brought in Krug for slightly cheaper (both in terms of assets and likely cheaper cap hit than Orlov next season).

Go ahead HF, tell me what a terrible idea this is

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Carlson wasn’t in the picture, I could totally see the Caps overvaluing a PP guy like Krug to help Ovi get the record.

But they already have Carlson.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Gotta be more than a 3rd if they taking on Krug for 3 more years at 6.5 mil
Unfortunately for us it's 4+ more years at 8.5M real dollars each of the next two years ...

None of us are holding our breath about Krug being moved and nobody wants to pay more than a 3d at a time when the Blues need their picks and are not on the cusp of being a contender justifying the urgent need to move him. You see the other immediate Blues replies ...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Carlson wasn’t in the picture, I could totally see the Caps overvaluing a PP guy like Krug to help Ovi get the record.

But they already have Carlson.
Yeah, that's kind of the hope for a Krug trade. A playoff team with a bad/mediocre PP that will convince themselves he will boost the PP enough to make it worth it.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah, that's kind of the hope for a Krug trade. A playoff team with a bad/mediocre PP that will convince themselves he will boost the PP enough to make it worth it.
That was kinda my thinking with this thread. But I didn't realize Krug was negative value bad

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That was kinda my thinking with this thread. But I didn't realize Krug was negative value bad
I think a bad GM could make the conclusion, so I don't 100% disagree with your thought process. He's been horrific defensively this year, so it's possible he's been playing through injuries, which he's had a few this year. If he bounces back, he probably doesn't have negative value, but he won't have much value. He's a guy you really want sheltered on the 3rd pair, but that's an expensive luxury that most teams can't afford. If you are making 6+, most teams want you in the top 4 and not being sheltered.

Reactions: JKG33

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Remember when we signed Krug instead of paying Pietrangelo a little bit more, and then our defense fell apart, which led to the current rebuild?

I think Krug is fine, but he's more a niche player that should be added to an already strong core. Just give him offensive zone starts and powerplay time and he'll do well.

The Blues no longer have a need for niche players since their core has been decimated.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Who knows if he would waive or not, but Krug also has a full NTC the next two years (becomes partial in 2025-26).

Krug is still a very good offensive dman. I don’t think he is as bad defensively as his reputation among a lot of Blues fans, but there’s no denying he has obvious limitations defensively.

This season he has clearly been trying to play thru injuries and he has looked brutal at times. A healthy Krug is still a pretty valuable NHL player…probably not quite worth his contract even at his best tho

Reactions: mab894

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
It would require a 3 team deal to pull this off.

LAK: 2024 4th
STL: Pheonix Copley

WAS: Krug, Copley, Toasted Ravs, 10 gallons of Ted Drews and a gooey buttercake
STL: Bag of used sock tape and a game used Al Iafrate stick

Reactions: Pigskin

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2010
It would require a 3 team deal to pull this off.

LAK: 2024 4th
STL: Pheonix Copley

WAS: Krug, Copley, Toasted Ravs, 10 gallons of Ted Drews and a gooey buttercake
STL: Bag of used sock tape and a game used Al Iafrate stick
I agree, Pheonix has been on LA too long and I don't want them to be in the Copley Club with us.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad