Speculation: Kris Letang requested a trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
According to Penguins reporter Mark Madden, Kristopher Letang, the Penguins star defenseman reportedly requested a trade to his home town Montreal Canadiens in recent times.

1000000223.jpg

1000000225.jpg

Last edited:

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
honestly it would probably help the penguins in the long run imo the main pieces are Crosby and karlsson, everyone else is trade assets including Malkin.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
lol just like Madden has said for about 10 years that Malkin hates playing behind Crosby.

Letang is a Pen for life. He signed the contract he did to make sure of that.
If this is true, which I hope it's not, this would end any short term success for the Pens. The Pens might as well start rebuilding.

But...I seriously doubt it. First, it would block or delay Rein or Mailman, our future top 4. It would push us up the standings when we still need to get more front end talent.

Lastly, Hughes has a plan that he is sticking to. Develop the team and start making competitive by by fall 2025. That's when Demidov comes in, the front end is more stabilized and our defense starts graduating the 3 defenseman of our future.

I don't know about other Hab fans but I don't like it one iota. Nor do the Pen fans.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I'm all for bringing in washed hometown players at a heavy discount to create some buzz around the team short term, but with his contract it's not happening until... 2029?

Insiders love to cast their line into the Habs fanbase see if anything bites during the slow offseason.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
According to Penguins reporter Mark Madden, Kristopher Letang, the Penguins star defenseman reportedly requested a trade to his home town Montreal Canadiens in recent times.

View attachment 901360
View attachment 901361
It is a Mark Madden report which is about as unreliable as you can get. Stevie Wonder could hit a home run more reliably than Mark Madden reporting anything accurately about the Penguins.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Makes no sense unless he wants to play for Montreal before he retires and that would happen before he becomes a UFA on the last year of his deal. Lock and close this thread

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad