Value of: Kreider to the Bruins

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Kreider has a NMC but would likely waive for the Bruins. 6 years left after this at 6.5m. Bruins have long needed a second line left wing and Kreider would fit that team really well there and is a great net front presence on the power play. Would almost fit under the cap, essentially the Bruins would have to send back any contract to make it work. Question of value. From rangers perspective would just take back an expiring contract. Would either team have to add? Would rangers need to retain?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Nobody makes trades for guys with 6 years left on their deal and even fewer are going to retain salary on that trade. Contenders make short term moves that give them flexibility. This is the opposite of that and because of that there is no deal here.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider has a NMC but would likely waive for the Bruins. 6 years left after this at 6.5m. Bruins have long needed a second line left wing and Kreider would fit that team really well there and is a great net front presence on the power play. Would almost fit under the cap, essentially the Bruins would have to send back any contract to make it work. Question of value. From rangers perspective would just take back an expiring contract. Would either team have to add? Would rangers need to retain?

He will not waive.
NYR do not wish to trade at this point barring signif profit.
Give KK and VK a whole season + min to discover their beast factor at NHL level before even thinking about moving the team leader in that dept, along w/speed.

IF IF IF
he were to waive, while the return would not be massive overpay, it would be substantial.

We are better off focusing on if Trouba, not Kreider, can be motivated to waive so we can send him to a FL team along most of his 8 per cap hit.
We need to do that WAY more than moving Kreider and his 6.5

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Is it me or did OP basically say Give me a Free Krieder
I was more thinking about it from a Rangers perspective and wondering if we’d have to add to get out of that contract. Kreider is a good player but his age, contract and position don’t fit very well in the Rangers plans with all of the teams other wingers. Bruins are really the only reasonable suitor considering his NMC, so was curious if there’d be fit from their end.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He will not waive.
NYR do not wish to trade at this point barring signif profit.
Give KK and VK a whole season + min to discover their beast factor at NHL level before even thinking about moving the team leader in that dept, along w/speed.

IF IF IF
he were to waive, while the return would not be massive overpay, it would be substantial.

We are better off focusing on if Trouba, not Kreider, can be motivated to waive so we can send him to a FL team along most of his 8 per cap hit.
We need to do that WAY more than moving Kreider and his 6.5
Zero chance of Trouba waiving his NMC, Tampa can't afford him long term. And he's not going to Florida he chose the Rangers for a reason since his wife is going to be a Dr in New York City.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zero chance of Trouba waiving his NMC, Tampa can't afford him long term. And he's not going to Florida he chose the Rangers for a reason since his wife is going to be a Dr in New York City.

small not zero.
1. key item is his wife, and dr's job can usually be arranged to alt location. Not nec easy to arrange, may or may not require a lot of string pulling but doable potentially for corp with huge $ resources,

2. FL is tax free state, which helps. If she moves he and he relocates, that is taxable state income taxes.

3 I am not so sure Lightening can't find room, but could also be Panthers.

4 In 3 years he can be dealt anyway, so a FL location now is better than wherever he might otherwise get sent in 3 yrs.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I was more thinking about it from a Rangers perspective and wondering if we’d have to add to get out of that contract. Kreider is a good player but his age, contract and position don’t fit very well in the Rangers plans with all of the teams other wingers. Bruins are really the only reasonable suitor considering his NMC, so was curious if there’d be fit from their end.
Call us in 4 yrs

Reactions: Night Shift

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They have needed a second line right wing forever...........

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider’s been slumping and he’s always been inconsistent. Lately (like last night) he’s often been awful. I don’t really see a deal out there for him just because of his contract. Both Mika and him have not been carrying enough weight.

As for Trouba the Rangers are not at all ready to move on from him. He’s tutored K’Andre all year long and if the team ever decided to name a captain my money would be on him.

At most any deals involving the Rangers today will be minor and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made none.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
small not zero.
1. key item is his wife, and dr's job can usually be arranged to alt location. Not nec easy to arrange, may or may not require a lot of string pulling but doable potentially for corp with huge $ resources,

2. FL is tax free state, which helps. If she moves he and he relocates, that is taxable state income taxes.

3 I am not so sure Lightening can't find room, but could also be Panthers.

4 In 3 years he can be dealt anyway, so a FL location now is better than wherever he might otherwise get sent in 3 yrs.

What if she’s very happy where she is doing what she’s doing?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
He would be a great fit in Boston. Obviously fits the style but the contract is an issue.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR, and no team (see Eichel/Sabres) is gonna retain on a long-term deal for a valuable player.
In flat Cap era, that would ripple for way too long

which would make the price to Bruins likely too high,
since they would have to send back salary guys who they value,

but for NYR that part of return is secondary,
its the kids like a Studnika that would convince NYR to do deal

despite what posters here think,
NYR chose carefully when they signed deals like Kreider's and Trouba's,
and will not be punishing themselves to move on

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

If she was finishing up med school when we signed Trouba, then she's doing her residency now. Those aren't permanent jobs. They last for 3-8 years depending on medical specialty. That means that, for the next year or two (minimum--if she's a surgical resident, she'll be in that position through Trouba's contract), Trouba is going nowhere. After that? It depends on where they want to be. I know they both live in Ft. Lauderdale and own a house there (right down the road from where the Panthers play). IF there's a Trouba move to be made, my guess is it will be there, but not for a few years yet.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

My understanding is she is already in FL.
The projection is she may want to come to NYC for medical career.

That could be specific to here.
Or it could specific to a precise field of study or opportunity.
If it is the latter, it may be possible to replicate the position in FL.

But you're right, if she wants to come here, regardless of comparable position or opportunity being created if nec in fL, if that is the case once she is qualified to practice, that would make the JT to FL moot.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If she was finishing up med school when we signed Trouba, then she's doing her residency now. Those aren't permanent jobs. They last for 3-8 years depending on medical specialty. That means that, for the next year or two (minimum--if she's a surgical resident, she'll be in that position through Trouba's contract), Trouba is going nowhere. After that? It depends on where they want to be. I know they both live in Ft. Lauderdale and own a house there (right down the road from where the Panthers play). IF there's a Trouba move to be made, my guess is it will be there, but not for a few years yet.

Personally right now I’d stay far away from certain states and Texas and Florida are on the list. I’ve had my vaccines but places that don’t take the pandemic seriously enough I’d steer clear of. I want this over and until some get their shit together it won’t be.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad