Proposal: Krebs for Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Krebs and a 4th for Robertson would be something I consider but Sabres seem like they're probably okay at forward.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Is there even room for Krebs or Robertson on Buffalo's roster?
Unless Krebs has an outstanding camp, he's likely our 13th forward to start the year. If he has an outstanding camp, then it's likely Lafferty is our 13th forward.

Robertson would likely compete with Aube-Kubel for the last wing spot.

Krebs has shown defensive chops and ability at center. We don't really need an offense-mainly younger wing.

Buffalo says no to OP's proposed deal.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Unless Krebs has an outstanding camp, he's likely our 13th forward to start the year. If he has an outstanding camp, then it's likely Lafferty is our 13th forward.

Krebs has shown defensive chops and ability at center. We don't really need an offense-mainly younger wing.

Looks like a short-sighted proposal from a Sabres fan.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Looks like a short-sighted proposal from a Sabres fan.
Nah, trading Krebs now would actually be the shortsighted move.

People look at his numbers and are unfamiliar with his situation. The past two years, Granato used Krebs as a shutdown center on the fourth line in match-up situations.

Krebs is a tenacious forward who plays a physical game. He plays the pest role well and likes to mix it up, but he also has a high offensive ceiling to his game that he hasn't hit yet. His primary problem is that while he has strong vision and awareness, he hasn't realized that what worked well in junior on on the international big ice, does not work in the NHL.

If/When he learns more discipline with his playmaking, he's going to have a nice, unique skillset that should be fairly versatile. Injuries and circumstances stunted his development somewhat so far, but i'd hang on to him a bit longer, as I think moving him now is a mistake when he still has the potential he does.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'd pass if I were the Sabres. Krebs can play center and has some things that lend well to him being able to carve out a role as an NHL player even if the offense doesn't come along. Robertson will need to be put in a sheltered offensive role to maximize his skillset and I don't think Buffalo could provide him with that role.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Nah, trading Krebs now would actually be the shortsighted move.

People look at his numbers and are unfamiliar with his situation. The past two years, Granato used Krebs as a shutdown center on the fourth line in match-up situations.

Krebs is a tenacious forward who plays a physical game. He plays the pest role well and likes to mix it up, but he also has a high offensive ceiling to his game that he hasn't hit yet. His primary problem is that while he has strong vision and awareness, he hasn't realized that what worked well in junior on on the international big ice, does not work in the NHL.

If/When he learns more discipline with his playmaking, he's going to have a nice, unique skillset that should be fairly versatile. Injuries and circumstances stunted his development somewhat so far, but i'd hang on to him a bit longer, as I think moving him now is a mistake when he still has the potential he does.
Did I not say short-sighted?

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
He was deployed in a 4th line checking role.
Out of interest how is he looking? Despite his low minutes is there signs of offensive talent? If he is in a checking role is he the type of player that changed his game for a middle 6 aggressive role?

Out of interest how is he looking? Despite his low minutes is there signs of offensive talent? If he is in a checking role is he the type of player that changed his game for a middle 6 aggressive role?
What do Sabres fan see as his ceiling if things go right for this guy? I remember he was once highly touted so it would be interesting to see what you guys think

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Out of interest how is he looking? Despite his low minutes is there signs of offensive talent?
Flashes of offensive talent and great passer, just hasn’t thrown it all together and may never. He’ll only reach his potential playing top 9 mins and he won’t get it in Buffalo. I think on a rebuilding team like the sharks where he can get more mins he might do well. It’s just hard to tell if he’s a bust or one of those cases of ‘ haven’t thrown it all together’. Personally I don’t value him highly but wouldn’t be surprised if he stepped up and broke out with more opportunity at some point of his career, he is young

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Robertson would not be playing on our new checking line.Krebs can fit in there and can move up as well.I like Robertson but he isn't beating out Peterka Tuch Qinnn or Benson as wingers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad