Proposal: Krav to Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravtsov + expiring Strome max retained 4.5 -> 2.25 + Hajek + WPG 2022 4th
for
Prokop + Glass + 2023 2nd + 2024 1st

valuation: Krav + Prokop are physically similar tall guys, height, speed. Krav is 9OA, ready immediately. Prokop 3rd round 79OA marinating into next yr.
Krav is a keeper, Nash can pay or flip Strome [and getting him at half this season ups his value], Hajek is an LD freebie, gets a home [he was lights out for first 4 NHL games then had a shoulder separation and was mishandled by NY, so there is outside hope w/correct partner he can recover top form, plus he is young]. Add a mid pick from NY. Takes on small cap hit but Preds have ample room. The 1st is a small wince but Preds choose year, which is delayed, and it is not unreasonable to speculate that if a retained Strome is flipped, retained he certainly gets a 1st now. [So Preds pay a later 1st for a 1st now if they go that route.]

Rangers do acceptable talent swap, replace older [mid-late 20s] Strome who can't fit here $ wise with Glass. Small help w/cap now but setting up nicely for after this season on LaF + KK. Might even be able to do Fox deal now after this trade.

Basically, Strome is considered 2nd this yr instead of max 2nd + but then even more b'c NY is full retention.
Hajek is a younger freebie Preds can use.
So bascially to upgrade from 79OA to 9OA, also Preds get a 4th this year, they give up Glass who has not cracked their squad and a delayed 1st not this yr but next yr.

Would be happy to find another taker for Strome, and get Krav back here at varsity w/NHL club, up his game, then see about dealing, but this is one stop shopping.

thoughts?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
A disgruntled Russian and Nashville, I'm sure nothing can go wrong there.

We're already unable/unwilling to give guys like Tomasino, Glass and Afanysev meaningful minutes up here, Kratsov would be in the same boat and Strome would just push our young guys further down the lineup.

Nashville is not in a spot to be giving out future first round picks without someone more proven coming back, it's a coin flip if that pick will be #3 or #18.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
for

valuation: Krav + Prokop are physically similar tall guys, height, speed. Krav is 9OA, ready immediately.
Ready for the AHL?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Kratsov won't be ok going to the AHL with Nashville either. He is not a top-6 forward right now, which he should be to succeed as he is certainly not a bottom-6 forward. Seems to me NYR may have to wait on him, which is ridiculous and his attitude is straight up ass.

I'd also say you better lower expectations of what you'll get for a disgruntled and immature player. Getting drafted by the freaking Rangers and then this is how he plays it - it's unfathomable.

Last edited:
Reactions: virothepyro

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
voGMGTr.jpg

Reactions: triggrman

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
And then we (NYR) can sign his younger brother. Can't wait! Prokop brothers along with that 1st round prospect in 2027.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Awful.

Nashville, an aging team seemingly on the decline, trade Cody Glass, a 1st… and a 2nd rd pick.. and a prospect off to a hot start this season for…. can I just say it? - - a bunch of junk!

It’s bern, so he’s gotta include stuff like “Krav was a 8 overall pick you know” (because that’s literally the only good thing that can be said about Kravtsov right now)

Also being bern, he has to send Strome - a player who makes exactly zero sense for Nashville at all, and they would have next to no interest in acquiring- and to justify sending a player who Nashville wouldn’t want, you have to say “trade for him, so YOU can then trade him”. lol ridiculous.

The only thing missing here are the typical bern buzzwords. I didn’t see “bluest of blue chips”…. but, more importantly.. I am shocked when talking about the Nashville 1st (in 2024!!! Lol!) he didn’t include “delayed gratification”.

No one wants Krav right now. And anyone who WOULD risk adding him, certainly aren’t going to pay premium assets to do so. So good luck with that.

Clearly immature headcase youngsters aren’t worth what some ppl might think. DeAngelo had really good production in the NHL and is young. He got nothing. How is Kravtsov worth anything at all right now? He’s worth less than Lias Andersson when he was traded.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Why doesn’t Strome fit in New York? He’s 28th in points league-wide over the previous two seasons as a 2C. There are obviously a fair amount of negative aspects to his play, but treating him like a throw-in to a trade is not prudent considering his age and production with the team. Relegating current power for a top-six center shake-up would be a failure to see the forest for the trees.

To think that simply any player will have that success with Panarin is like betting the house on a high-pair, both figuratively and literally. Chytil needs development and the Rangers are seeking genuine contention. Maintaining their depth at center while they have the cap-space is imperative. If there’s an opportunity for improvement down the middle, that’s a different story, but a bolster to the supply-line two-three years from now does nothing for the team as it stands. The Rangers’ current deployment must revolve around Panarin/Zibanejad/Shestyorkin. Their cap-management has locked them into that.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Why doesn’t Strome fit in New York? He’s 28th in points league-wide over the previous two seasons as a 2C. There are obviously a fair amount of negative aspects to his play, but treating him like a throw-in to a trade is not prudent considering his age and production with the team. Relegating current power for a top-six center shake-up would be a failure to see the forest for the trees.

To think that simply any player will have that success with Panarin is like betting the house on a high-pair, both figuratively and literally. Chytil needs development and the Rangers are seeking genuine contention. Maintaining their depth at center while they have the cap-space is imperative. If there’s an opportunity for improvement down the middle, that’s a different story, but a bolster to the supply-line two-three years from now does nothing for the team as it stands. The Rangers’ current deployment must revolve around Panarin/Zibanejad/Shestyorkin. Their cap-management has locked them into that.

because he isn’t a prospect and bern is more obsessed compiling maybes than having the rangers win hockey games

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Awful.

Nashville, an aging team seemingly on the decline, trade Cody Glass, a 1st… and a 2nd rd pick.. and a prospect off to a hot start this season for…. can I just say it? - - a bunch of junk!

It’s bern, so he’s gotta include stuff like “Krav was a 8 overall pick you know” (because that’s literally the only good thing that can be said about Kravtsov right now)

Also being bern, he has to send Strome - a player who makes exactly zero sense for Nashville at all, and they would have next to no interest in acquiring- and to justify sending a player who Nashville wouldn’t want, you have to say “trade for him, so YOU can then trade him”. lol ridiculous.

The only thing missing here are the typical bern buzzwords. I didn’t see “bluest of blue chips”…. but, more importantly.. I am shocked when talking about the Nashville 1st (in 2024!!! Lol!) he didn’t include “delayed gratification”.

No one wants Krav right now. And anyone who WOULD risk adding him, certainly aren’t going to pay premium assets to do so. So good luck with that.

Clearly immature headcase youngsters aren’t worth what some ppl might think. DeAngelo had really good production in the NHL and is young. He got nothing. How is Kravtsov worth anything at all right now? He’s worth less than Lias Andersson when he was traded.
On the list of annoying things in trade proposals, this one's near the top for me. We don't want him, you don't want him, but you can then do extra work to try to get the value you should be getting in this proposal by trading him to someone else (that also doesn't want him). :thumbd:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Krav is exactly the player the Preds need but our fanbase is too sanctimonious to want an enegmatic russian while expecting guys like Colton Sissons to turn into Ryan O Reillys or Sean Coutriers

What about

Prokop , Kunin, and a 2nd

Krav, Strome

Country Club Line
Tolvanen-Strome-Krav
Granlund-Glass-Tomasino
HERD

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Krav is exactly the player the Preds need but our fanbase is too sanctimonious to want an enegmatic russian while expecting guys like Colton Sissons to turn into Ryan O Reillys or Sean Coutriers

What about

Prokop , Kunin, and a 2nd

Krav, Strome

Country Club Line
Tolvanen-Strome-Krav
Granlund-Glass-Tomasino
HERD

We're already failing to give our young guys meaningful minutes, what makes you think Kravtsov will get more than 9-11 minutes a night under Hynes.
Kunin's been fine and Granlund has been one of our best forwards at 2c, switching out him for Strome seems redundant.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
for

valuation: Krav + Prokop are physically similar tall guys, height, speed. Krav is 9OA, ready immediately. Prokop 3rd round 79OA marinating into next yr.
Krav is a keeper, Nash can pay or flip Strome [and getting him at half this season ups his value], Hajek is an LD freebie, gets a home [he was lights out for first 4 NHL games then had a shoulder separation and was mishandled by NY, so there is outside hope w/correct partner he can recover top form, plus he is young]. Add a mid pick from NY. Takes on small cap hit but Preds have ample room. The 1st is a small wince but Preds choose year, which is delayed, and it is not unreasonable to speculate that if a retained Strome is flipped, retained he certainly gets a 1st now. [So Preds pay a later 1st for a 1st now if they go that route.]

Rangers do acceptable talent swap, replace older [mid-late 20s] Strome who can't fit here $ wise with Glass. Small help w/cap now but setting up nicely for after this season on LaF + KK. Might even be able to do Fox deal now after this trade.

Basically, Strome is considered 2nd this yr instead of max 2nd + but then even more b'c NY is full retention.
Hajek is a younger freebie Preds can use.
So bascially to upgrade from 79OA to 9OA, also Preds get a 4th this year, they give up Glass who has not cracked their squad and a delayed 1st not this yr but next yr.

Would be happy to find another taker for Strome, and get Krav back here at varsity w/NHL club, up his game, then see about dealing, but this is one stop shopping.

thoughts?
Take the 1st out.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We're already failing to give our young guys meaningful minutes, what makes you think Kravtsov will get more than 9-11 minutes a night under Hynes.
Kunin's been fine and Granlund has been one of our best forwards at 2c, switching out him for Strome seems redundant.
Well and the idea that we are an old team needs to go out the door as well. I think we are like the 5th youngest team in the NHL or something like that now? I mean our old guys are what 31 or something like that?

Reactions: Legionnaire11

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Awful.

Glass was #6 OA from only one draft earlier. So Glass for Kravtsov would be a wash from that perspective. ;)

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
On the list of annoying things in trade proposals, this one's near the top for me. We don't want him, you don't want him, but you can then do extra work to try to get the value you should be getting in this proposal by trading him to someone else (that also doesn't want him). :thumbd:
have you received bern's allowance to post this? i am pretty sure this is his trademark.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Here's Bern trading the Rangers excess assets for first round picks again. Meanwhile won't offer firsts or any of their prospects in any trades for anyone with value.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nashville doesn’t need strome so no need to pay assets for him only to have to flip him to recoup the assets spent getting him.

krav would be a good target for Nashville as we have been stocking up on some Russians. Still not sure where he’d fit on the team as we are currently having issues finding spots for some near nhl ready talent.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

1. Strome is a UFA (Some fans hate losing assets for nothing. So if the plan isn't to re-sign/extend him, he's gotta go before it's too late.) We don't have the cash to give Strome a multi-year contract at his current cap hit or more, so he's likely out of the line-up next season. In my opinion, he's not a player you worry about losing for nothing, but some fans can't accept that for asset management.

2. Chytil is pushed down to 3C with Strome in the line-up. He's more skilled than Strome and needs a chance to either sink or swim in a top 6 role.

3. If Panarin isn't firing on all cylinders that line isn't having any possession time, regardless if they find their way on the stat sheet. They have chemistry, but Strome isn't quick enough and struggles to finish almost sure goal plays. We thinks Panarin would be even better if he had a center to work with (Not saying Chytil is that player). Strome is perfect for a 3C role where he can fill the 2C void during injuries, but I don't think you want him as your consistent 2C because even if he puts up points, he's going to have games where you bang your head against the nearest wall.

4. We can't afford to pay Strome for a 3C role.

Strome filled the role perfectly and exceeded all expectations since joining the organization. But we can't use him as a crutch for the next few years. We need more down the middle and can't afford the next Strome contract.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thanks to all and I will reply to balance of posts later today/tom/w'e

starting in order posted....

A disgruntled Russian and Nashville, I'm sure nothing can go wrong there.

We're already unable/unwilling to give guys like Tomasino, Glass and Afanysev meaningful minutes up here, Kratsov would be in the same boat and Strome would just push our young guys further down the lineup.

Nashville is not in a spot to be giving out future first round picks without someone more proven coming back, it's a coin flip if that pick will be #3 or #18.

1. Kravtsov
I developed this trade in response to a Preds fan, @AintLifeGrand offering a simpler version of the principals which were it retweeked to do 1 stop shopping, could be a win win.
You are getting 9OA Krav for 79OA
You either think w/eye test this guy is NHL player w/signif if not huge upside or you don't.

You have to pay to give NY reason to go there.
NY will otherwise move Strome independently, create a roster spot, put Krav in, get production, and either keep or if more likely this scr runs too deep, will then trade with dominant factor in return his current NHL production.

Strome
he will get 2nd + or late 1st w'o retention
NY sends him to you at 2.5, which you totally ignored.
He could technically be moved w/2nd retain at 1.25, which is absurd for a rental and his price is EASY 1st +

So you can admit that what I set up was if Strome not kept,
you can deal him for 1st/+ now 2022 pick great year and pay Rangers w/delayed 1st pick following year.

Of course, I'm the villain here.
... not

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thanks to all and I will reply to balance of posts later today/tom/w'e

starting in order posted....

1. Kravtsov
I developed this trade in response to a Preds fan, @AintLifeGrand offering a simpler version of the principals which were it retweeked to do 1 stop shopping, could be a win win.

That was your first mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad