Confirmed with Link: Kraken sign Chandler Stephenson (7 x 6.25M)

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I listened to ECH yesterday and they are at a terrible loss on how to justify this signing. They pretty much ripped Francis to shreds for the contract, without exactly blaming him outright.

I get it, but my thinking is similar to yours. Let's see how he does first.
Woof, that was a tough listen. Trying to stay positive and will cheer as loud as anyone for Stephenson next season...but I really didnt want Francis to pursue this player in particular and watching Dylan sigh repeatedly as he talked through all the abysmal analytics and offense/defense charts and stuff is really testing my resolve.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Woof, that was a tough listen. Trying to stay positive and will cheer as loud as anyone for Stephenson next season...but I really didnt want Francis to pursue this player in particular and watching Dylan sigh repeatedly as he talked through all the abysmal analytics and offense/defense charts and stuff is really testing my resolve.

Doing nothing just to not sign him was never an option. There really was no other options available. Players do have to want to come here but one problem we are not a cup contending team until we are, its going to be hard to sign players.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I know man. They are generally so positive about all things Kraken which made it so much tougher to listen to.

But like @The Marquis said, he is a Kraken now and all we can do is hope he is a good fit and works out decent for the team.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I actually love criticism when merited. The seattle sports media are so gentle with their teams and scared to criticize so this feels refreshing. I don't think they took enough flak for last season. The off season felt so botched before a game had even started.

Reactions: majormajor

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I wish that deal was two to three years less but they were not the only team after him. Nashville media had been convinced for days he was going to be a Predator. I know Boston wanted him as well. Bruins signed Lindholm instead for more money. Nashville got Stamkos and Marchesseault and will likely hope that makes up for lack of centre depth.

To me Chandler is a guy to fill the 2C slot until Shane Wright is ready. Once he is, he can move down to 3C. There are zero signing bonuses on the deal so if the Kraken get four years out of him he's only costing $2.08M on the cap for a few years. Or hey, maybe he plays all seven and he's great for Seattle.

Unfortunately it was a tough summer to get a centre. I love Sean Monahan but him getting five years in Columbus tells you prices were steep no matter where you looked. Unless you want to run with Jack Roslovic or trade for a guy like Christian Dvorak in Montreal? Options limited.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
After listening to ECH, I am starting to think he will be the team’s 1C and Beniers will slide down to 2C. Honestly, that might even be better for Beniers as he’d presumably not slot in against other teams’ stud top lines?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
After listening to ECH, I am starting to think he will be the team’s 1C and Beniers will slide down to 2C. Honestly, that might even be better for Beniers as he’d presumably not slot in against other teams’ stud top lines?

Absolutely not. Steph is not the teams best center.

• Haha
Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Absolutely not. Steph is not the teams best center.
It’s adorable how you speak so definitively (“absolutely not!”) while guys who literally sit across from Francis and Bylsma and ask them direct questions don’t jive with anything you’re saying… 🤪

Reactions: Irie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad