Kraken hire Jessica Campbell as Assistant Coach, first woman to be a full time coach in the NHL

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Wellness sprays are a thing now? Looks pretty sketchy but I guess if an NHL coach is involved. Have no idea if I have a point other than people are buying caffeine-based oral sprays for $20 a tiny bottle?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's not true at all.
It's only "untrue" if you're being pedantic enough to act like the minor rules differences actually matter in this case but don't matter for all the other cases where the relevant skills are considered transferable (we see NCAA hockey coaches hired all the time, for example, but nobody freaks out that It's so Different because the NHL doesn't yet mandate cages or something).

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
How come the hires to the NHL like her and Castonguay and the woman who do TV are all attractive, but the dudes can look like a radiated turnip and it's fine. They don't really know anything,but yet they're on TV just because a family member got them a job with an organization, they sucked, so now they give shitty hockey advice on TV.

Congrats to her. I remember like a month ago on 32 thoughts podcast they talked about her joining the team and it wasn't a PR move it was because Bylsma liked her as a coach and believed she knew her stuff.
Congrats to her.

On your point,Anson and Hank aren't turnips.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Does she have a hockey nickname? Maybe a Coachella related nickname?
twitter handle is soupy08

He added that as a condition because from his perview women sometimes don't earn a job, they have it gifted to them. You can read between the lines. :laugh:

I don't think that would ever be uttered about a man getting a job in the NHL, despite a lot of men only getting jobs in the league because of their connections, friends, and family.
Its been said numerous times about Kyle dubas.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not gonna say nothing since this forum is being pro about this.
Well Campbell was an assistant coach with the Coachella Valley Firebirds on Dan Bylsma's staff the last 2 years as the team went to back-to-back Calder Cup Finals. So she has experience. It's about getting a shot and she's getting hers so we'll see what happens. She's coming over with Bylsma so they are familiar with each other already.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Well Campbell was an assistant coach with the Coachella Valley Firebirds on Dan Bylsma's staff the last 2 years as the team went to back-to-back Calder Cup Finals. So she has experience. It's about getting a shot and she's getting hers so we'll see what happens. She's coming over with Bylsma so they are familiar with each other already.
Worked her way into an AHL staff and then came up with a proven NHL coach? Clearly she's undeserving for, um, reasons and stuff.

Dowisetrepla

Apr 29, 2009
Washington State
Just happened to visit the Kraken complex right as the news broke. Caught a glimpse of her on the ice as they finished Rookie Camp. My reaction as a middle aged white male was “Cool.” Noted the female staff in the restaurant were very excited with the announcement.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Make her the head coach of Seattle
it might be as different dynamic to have a guy screaming f-bombs at the team for lack of effort vs a woman screaming f-bombs at the lack-luster team. The impact might and motivational level might not be on par. But i'm glad shes given a chance as an assistant.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I would say the same thing about any new hire that had no NHL or coaching/GM experience. Many people questioned if guys like Dubas earned his chance etc. Stop being sexist and proving my point that her gender matters more.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of your posts about every person who got their first NHL assistant coaching gig questioning if they earned it. Let me know if you need advice on how to hyperlink posts.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad