Kraken hire Jessica Campbell as Assistant Coach, first woman to be a full time coach in the NHL

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
it's about damn time. old boys club in shambles rn
Why would they be in shambles?
As long as she was hired because she's the right person for the job why would anyone care?
See the problem is people like you who make it about something it isn't.

It's great that woman are NOW choosing to dedicate and sacrifice and put in the work that men have been doing for years to become coaches.

Let's not pretend that woman have been excluded from the game and that it's more the fact they haven't been choosing this as a career choice.

Not everything has to be an attack on a certain demographic that 99% of hockey fans, players and coaches fall into.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
There are many road blocks in advancing in hockey, but this is one block that's been knocked down. Hopefully, there'll be more.
Actually this shows that there wasn't a block to knock down at all. Not many people go behind the NHL bench without playing professional men's hockey nor having any head coaching experience and only having limited assistant coaching experience.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Yeah but boys will be boys and shes pretty good looking . Not sure the boy’s attention will be listening to her more or trying to impress her . I guess that is smart lol . Everyone will give their all !

Spargon

May 31, 2019
If she earned it and knows her stuff congrats to her.

I do wonder if the media and fans will be able to give fair criticism if warranted. We love to rake coaches and gms over the coals. I hope there isn't cries of sexism or hand wave excuses because of her gender should she not do well. Welcome to the club Jessica may you be treated equally.

Reactions: SENStastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad