Kraken 2024 Offseason chatter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
To be clear as a Blues fan I don't "like" the Sharks I like that you responded :DD

Regular season I did pretty well, but my luck seeing playoff games in the shark tank was brutal. 0-4. The first two games of the 2004 series, Game 3 in 2016 and Game 1 in 2019. In 1995 I was just out of college and covering the Sharks locker room postgame for KFRC which was then the flagship station. Kevin Constantine was the coach. Big time gum chomper. Shortened year. You know who was awesome on that team, as a pro taking questions? Ulf Dahlen. also I will never forget Pavel Bure absolutely wrecking them one night

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was and still am a Jackets fan. I live in Olympia but I didn't become a Kraken fan until the Jackets traded my favorite player here. Watching Bjorkstrand and the rest of the guys in the two playoff rounds in 2023 was definitely a thrill for me.

I'm not thrilled with where either franchise is at right now, but that's fine, I love hockey anyways.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I was and still am a Jackets fan. I live in Olympia but I didn't become a Kraken fan until the Jackets traded my favorite player here. Watching Bjorkstrand and the rest of the guys in the two playoff rounds in 2023 was definitely a thrill for me.

I'm not thrilled with where either franchise is at right now, but that's fine, I love hockey anyways.
I’d really like to see the Jackets ascend. There’s so much young talent there.
The fans deserve a stable front office and a logo and jersey overhaul. Not much good has happened in those unis.

Reactions: majormajor

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Stevens is still my all time favorite player. Most people have feelings about the Devils Steven’s era, and they should.
Mine relate to the NHL taking him off the Blues and giving him to the Devils. One of the most outrageous chapters in NHL history. I have a real hatred of Lamoreillo and anything he touches

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hey just curious what was everyone's team before the Kraken? Whose refugees are these?
Leafs, started rooting for them centuries ago. Saw, like, two of their regular season games last year. Like Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

Reactions: PocketNines

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Leafs, started rooting for them centuries ago. Saw, like, two of their regular season games last year. Like Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."
You and the Flyers refugee sigma six are in the same boat of "have actual Cup history, just not in forever"

By the way, the story told by Buck O'Neil in the Ken Burns series (at the end of inning 5 IIRC) about Satchel Paige facing Josh Gibson is one of the most deliciously told and incredible stories I have ever heard in sports

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad