Kraken 2024 Offseason chatter

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Been a brutal couple of weeks at work, not much brainpower left over for posting about hockey despite all the goings on.

The deals handed out by RF are too-much, too-long but that's just how it's going to be when you want to add certain guys. No team in their right mind would give the over-30 a seven year term, but lots of teams are doing anyway.

Get the guy you want now, buy your mistakes later and worry about it then. I totally get why they wanted to add Stevenson, but at that price of admission he'll be a buyout candidate partway through.

Is a great 7th not an oxymoron?

Yes :laugh: but players will get hurt, and it's nice when the substitute isn't totally out of place.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I am curious what Bylsma thinks of Fleury having coached him for the last 2 seasons in Coachella. Is he really not worth a callup? He looked pretty steady the last couple of times he was called up.

Well, Francis probably looks at Fleury as not as good as the guy who played 82 games on the 3rd pair for the Stanley Cup finals appearing 22-23 Panthers. That’s pretty much all I could tell.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Stoked to get Goalvanen for another 2 years.
Same. But I wonder if he is a candidate to get traded this TDL or next. I currently have him on the 4th line, which he makes too much money for.

McCann-Stephenson-Bjorkstrand
Schwartz-Beniers-Burakovsky
Gourde-Wright-Eberle
Tolvy-Kartye-Winterton/Whoever

That being said, since either Schwartz or Burakovsky is likely to get injured, he will very likely end up somewhere in the middle 6.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Same. But I wonder if he is a candidate to get traded this TDL or next. I currently have him on the 4th line, which he makes too much money for.

Gourde-Wright-Eberle

That being said, since either Schwartz or Burakovsky is likely to get injured, he will very likely end up somewhere in the middle 6.

So you have Tanev as a healthy scratch with that contract?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto

Gourde-Wright-Eberle

I'm not really confident that Wright will find much joy with Eberle and Gourde.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I'm not really confident that Wright will find much joy with Eberle and Gourde.
Who was he paired with during the cup of coffee at the end of the season? Wasnt it Eberle and Schwartz, and it seemed like they clicked?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
With Stephenson and Beniers on top two lines where do that put Wright in 2 seasons? Is plan to have one of Beniers/Wright on the wing?

Wright can easily slot into 1st or 2nd line and either Beniers or Stephenson can play on the 3rd. Beniers isn’t a proven commodity, and Stephenson is the kind of forward who would excel on the 3rd line if needed.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Maybe. Its basically Winterton/Whoever in my opinion and that Whoever could be Tanev. I really hope that Francis tries to move him to make room for Winterton.

I would like that too, especially since you could save some money on that.
With Stephenson and Beniers on top two lines where do that put Wright in 2 seasons? Is plan to have one of Beniers/Wright on the wing?

Both are possbile.
Wright could even play on the wing with Stephenson and interchange the center spot.

Wright has a pretty good shot and Stephenson does like to pass.

Though, I could also see Wright on the 3rd line etc.

Still some questions for this team and how Bylsma will use that forward group or what Francis does until training camp.

To add…

In Disco Dan we trust lol

Yeahhhh
giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad