Low Effort GDT Kraft Hockeyville Presents: Clash at the Sudbury Community Arena | Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! (7PM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3ebf6651-30bd-4891-852a-cda00a0431bf_800x520.png

Forsberg should go on waivers and start in the AHL.

Our backup goalie is going to be less important with Ullmark hopefully playing 60 games. We have no back to backs for the entirety of October. We have 1 three game road trip. Ullmark could possibly play the entire month aside from 1-2 games.

Why do we start Forsberg on waivers?
  1. Whoever is the backup won't matter that much until our schedule gets more difficult in December.
  2. We can bank cap space. The difference between Tokarski at league minimum and gaining 1.15M from Forsberg buried is 375k. That is not a lot of cap space, but doing that for a month or two could be important later in the season.
  3. It gives Forsberg a chance to "find his game" in the AHL.
  4. It's a move that establishes a "nobody is safe" mentality as far as performance and/or effort go because Forsberg is a name and has been in the room for a few years.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Y’all putting too much stock in preseason games. Last couple of years we would dominate the preseason and still suck ass.
It's important that our best players actually show up and get a few points. Stü got a goal... but literally everyone else was just sort of there watching Malkin and Crosby.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I wonder if signing Perron will pay off at some point because the major selling point I see for him is that he's a leader in the room and he's a pest. Problem is he can't skate, so I don't know how his impact will ever manifest on the ice.

I watched the Blues games and Joseph was absolutely flying out there, creating turnovers with his forecheck, making plays offensively. Would not be surprised one bit if Joseph outplays Perron two folds this year.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I wonder if signing Perron will pay off at some point because the major selling point I see for him is that he's a leader in the room and he's a pest. Problem is he can't skate, so I don't know how his impact will ever manifest on the ice.

I watched the Blues games and Joseph was absolutely flying out there, creating turnovers with his forecheck, making plays offensively. Would not be surprised one bit if Joseph outplays Perron two folds this year.
Perron didn't even look good on the PP. He was kind of meh. Just kind of there.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

Yes, I’ve been watching him hoping to see something to get excited about. I guess I’ll need to keep waiting.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3ebf6651-30bd-4891-852a-cda00a0431bf_800x520.png

Forsberg should go on waivers and start in the AHL.

Our backup goalie is going to be less important with Ullmark hopefully playing 60 games. We have no back to backs for the entirety of October. We have 1 three game road trip. Ullmark could possibly play the entire month aside from 1-2 games.

Why do we start Forsberg on waivers?
  1. Whoever is the backup won't matter that much until our schedule gets more difficult in December.
  2. We can bank cap space. The difference between Tokarski at league minimum and gaining 1.15M from Forsberg buried is 375k. That is not a lot of cap space, but doing that for a month or two could be important later in the season.
  3. It gives Forsberg a chance to "find his game" in the AHL.
  4. It's a move that establishes a "nobody is safe" mentality as far as performance and/or effort go because Forsberg is a name and has been in the room for a few years.
Did forsburg lose this game?

Not so much... he is 30% cause

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
The main reason we lost this game was due to goaltending: our goalie was bad, their goalie was good+they got some lucky breaks with posts.
They only played good in the first and then got outplayed by the Penguins the rest of the game. I’m hoping they have another gear in the regular season.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I feel like Stu has been better but still not getting star #1 center vibes from him. Feel like he was a lot more electric two seasons ago.

Sure preseason and all but I'm definitely getting a bit concerned if he has another level or two. Part of it is a size and strength thing too. He has the stature of a winger.
Stutzle was the best player on the ice today. He was everywhere.

It's an exhibition game where pucks didn't go in. They are learning a new system. Sheeesh some of these reactions are wild. It's gonna get there.

People freaking out about a 15 year veteran in a pre season game need to take a deep breath.

Forsberg should have had malkins 2nd one for sure but the rest were not his fault. Anyways hopefully he's more consistent. He's alot better than soogard. Is Tokarski better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad