Confirmed with Link: Kovacevic Traded to the Devils for 2026 4th Round pick (Highest of the three 4th Rounders the Devils own)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I watched them both down the stretch for Laval in the must win games and no Mailloux was not better than Barron.
Well, he’s definitely worse offensively; that’s not even up for debate. He’s not as gritty, tough, or physical as Mailloux either, so that leaves the defensive side of things. Barron is ass defensively in the NHL, so I have a real hard time believing that somehow he’s some kind of defensive wizard in the AHL to the point that it makes up for the other stuff.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
6 inches difference and Kovacevic always had a positive plus minus, contrary to Harris.

Kovacevic is easily the inferior dman between these two who played sheltered minutes and just processed the game too slow. He is a fine 6/7 on most teams but he is a poor puck mover and should not be relied on by any team who has playoff aspirations.

+/- means absolutely nothing in most cases and should never be quoted by anyone trying to build a case for or against a player.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No shortage of right handed d-men? Only if some prospects win their spots I believe. Are they making it easy for Mailloux?

Or we're getting a RD UFA... :naughty:
Barron has to play in the NHL next season. We have to test him and know what he is made of before taking a final decision. So that's Savard and Barron. It would be ill advised to have Reinbacher and Mailloux start their NHL career the same year and also ill advised to have one on a 2nd pairing in the AHL. Ideally you want to have one in the NHL next season and one in the AHL (1st pairing) so that's 3 RHD in the NHL (Mailloux/Reinbacher-Savard-Barron).

The 7th dman will be a LHD since there's a lockjam there (Matheson, Guhle, Harris. Xhekaj and Struble). I know lot of people are super high on Kova i mean been there done that this kind of story always excite the beer infused crowd but he's not even remotely close to be good enough to warrant not testing the kids we have to be sure we're not missing something. We don't want in 2 years to be put in a situation where we have to test 3-4 kids the same year cause we have keep all of them in the AHL for 2 years (some of them on a 2nd pairing in the AHL).

We will already have Hutson-Reinbacher/Mailloux in the AHL next season and one of Struble/Harris/Xhekaj). If we keep Kova that'd going to be two of Struble/Harris/Xhekaj. At one point those kids got to play and we have to test them before we have to dump some of them. Kova is a nothing burger 7th dman. I know half the fanbase would dump their girlfriend for a weekend with Kova but he really is nothing special.

Does Hughes know our logjam is on the left side?🤔
Yes that's why the 7th dman has to be LHD and not RHD.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, he’s definitely worse offensively; that’s not even up for debate. He’s not as gritty, tough, or physical as Mailloux either, so that leaves the defensive side of things. Barron is ass defensively in the NHL, so I have a real hard time believing that somehow he’s some kind of defensive wizard in the AHL to the point that it makes up for the other stuff.
I'm just telling you what I saw.
Barron was Physical BTW he started using his big frame to his advantage.
People are convinced he's shit so he's shit.
I laugh because I see a player who is progressing and who has a ton of skills and talents others don't possess.
It'll be hard for him to break the bias because when this fan base doesn't get what they expected they turn on the player.
Eller went through it no matter what he did it was never going to be good enough.
The funny thing is a lot of the same people who were critical of Lehkonen calling him a dime a dozen fourth liner complain about Barron.
I hope he makes people choke on their words this season.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hate this but St. Louis didn't like him even though opposition never scored when he was on the ice so it's better than nothing I guess.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He's ok, he is the most athletic Chad on this board....ask him, he loves telling us all about it.
I haven't been in the fitness thread in a while, which correlates with my being unfit since having babies, regardless, I hope he's ok, and more generally, I think that extreme lifestyles associate with psychological risk.

The world in general is shit right now. Most of the things I care about and follow in the arts and in politics are going to hell. I will not be giving further details because I don't want to be banned, you probably know what I mean. But, I look at the Habs and I think they may be the only product/organization I care about with good management right now. So this isn't the board to complain.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
We all do, but I don’t see it. And he really isn’t progressing. He’s not really any better than when he first got here. I’d rather prioritize Mailloux’s development at this point. That’s a player that has actually been progressing.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I haven't been in the fitness thread in a while, which correlates with my being unfit since having babies, regardless, I hope he's ok, and more generally, I think that extreme lifestyles associate with psychological risk.

The world in general is shit right now. Most of the things I care about and follow in the arts and in politics are going to hell. I will not be giving further details because I don't want to be banned, you probably know what I mean. But, I look at the Habs and I think they may be the only product/organization I care about with good management right now. So this isn't the board to complain.
hum wrong thread?

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Kovy! Wish you well in NJ and to joining a team a bit further along the trail. For someone we would’ve likely lost on waivers it was a good way to maximize asset value plus it starts to open spots for the kids.

Reactions: bopeep

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I'm just telling you what I saw.
Barron was Physical BTW he started using his big frame to his advantage.
People are convinced he's shit so he's shit.
I laugh because I see a player who is progressing and who has a ton of skills and talents others don't possess.
It'll be hard for him to break the bias because when this fan base doesn't get what they expected they turn on the player.
Eller went through it no matter what he did it was never going to be good enough.
The funny thing is a lot of the same people who were critical of Lehkonen calling him a dime a dozen fourth liner complain about Barron.
may i say that your perception of the role of the fans is erratic ; Hugues, Gorton, Saint-Louis are the ones that are taking the decisions. No way they trade Barron because the fans evaluation.

Eller was traded because he was going to get a salary raise, now was it Danault that took his spot for less money ?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
tumblr_oo6bjiuOfE1qmob6ro1_400.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We all do, but I don’t see it. And he really isn’t progressing. He’s not really any better than when he first got here. I’d rather prioritize Mailloux’s development at this point. That’s a player that has actually been progressing.
There is one thing you need to understand Barron is not competing with Mailloux and never was.
Mailloux is still behind Justin Barron in the pecking order one has to be waived the other doesn't.
We all saw how Ylonen was given every chance to prove himself as an asset before they were forced to let him go.
Do you honestly think they are going to waive an extremely mobile 6'2' right shot defender who can move the puck with his legs.
Both players will be playing for deck chairs not of the same role.
Reinbacher's chair is currently being held by Kaiden Guhle Mailloux's chair is currently being held by David Savard.
Kovacevic was in and out of Barron's projected spot as were others.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
What should the return be for a 6/7 level Dman be?

Freeing up a contract spot is never a bad thing.
I don’t think a 3rd would have been crazy expectations… I understand that free up the log jam / contract is valuable to us but NJ aren’t doing us a favour they are getting a cheap player that they will use, Kulak as a rental plus retention return a 2nd+

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
There is one thing you need to understand Barron is not competing with Mailloux and never was.
Mailloux is still behind Justin Barron in the pecking order one has to be waived the other doesn't.
We all saw how Ylonen was given every chance to prove himself as an asset before they were forced to let him go.
Do you honestly think they are going to waive an extremely mobile 6'2' right shot defender who can move the puck with his legs.
Both players will be playing for deck chairs not of the same role.
Reinbacher's chair is currently being held by Kaiden Guhle Mailloux's chair is currently being held by David Savard.
Kovacevic was in and out of Barron's projected spot as were others.
I think you’re confused here. Savard, Reinbacher, Mailloux, and Barron are all RD. Guhle is a LD. Anyway, now that Kovacevic is gone it’s not as pressing. Reinbacher, Barron, and Mailloux should all be battling for the last two spots after Savard. One of them will end up in Laval.

I guess the real logjam is on LD:

Matheson
Guhle
Harris
Xhekaj
Hutson
Struble

Trades are coming soon, I would think.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I am mad, I really liked Kovacevic.
Liked him too, big boy on RD but at best a 6th D. Looked like a nice guy well liked by his teammates.

We got him for free, gave him a good home and helped him look good. We get a 4th for a player that had no future in the core. This means this season we'll probably live and die with Mailloux and Barron alternating and Ghule on the right. Hopefully Savard gets traded at TDL if Mailloux-Barron can both play steady.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
may i say that your perception of the role of the fans is erratic ; Hugues, Gorton, Saint-Louis are the ones that are taking the decisions. No way they trade Barron because the fans evaluation.

Eller was traded because he was going to get a salary raise, now was it Danault that took his spot for less money ?
The role of the fans what are you even talking about?

I'm saying a lot of fans have bad takes and bias and pre-conceived notions about certain players.
I'm saying I don't agree with it I'm not saying it has anything to do with what management decide to do.
I used Lars Eller as an example because we traded that God Halak for him and it turned out Lars wasn't the first line scoring center they felt they were supposed to get in return. So no matter how good he was at the role he was given it was never going to be good enough.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you all right? You've been extremely negative the past few days.
I'll be alright when this team is properly managed. Wasting away 2nd rounders for a marginal difference in players and passing on a kid that's broken record in the Q while he was available in the 5th f***ing round, not trading for Marino, drafting random plugs instead of talent-high upside guys.

Not adressing Guhle on the RD is probably even worse than all those.

I'm not alright.

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think you’re confused here. Savard, Reinbacher, Mailloux, and Barron are all RD. Guhle is a LD. Anyway, now that Kovacevic is gone it’s not as pressing. Reinbacher, Barron, and Mailloux should all be battling for the last two spots after Savard. One of them will end up in Laval.

I guess the real logjam is on LD:

Matheson
Guhle
Harris
Xhekaj
Hutson
Struble

Trades are coming soon, I would think.
Confused?????
1st pairing second pairing 3rd pairing RD

There is absolutely no confusion Reinbacher is projected to be 1st pairing
Mailloux is projected to be 2nd pairing.
Barron is projected to be 3rd pairing.
These are only projections it may end up being different but they are all different roles.
Guhle is currently the placeholder for the 1st pairing RD role.

Last edited:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Highest of the three 4th rounders is actually pretty hilarious because I’m picturing the negotiations where this was specified. :laugh: Maybe i’m just overtired but that shit is funny for some reason.

Solid trade. Waiver pickup, played parts of two solid seasons. He was the obvious odd man out.
Anybody seeing what Hugues did here? Now the Devils cannot trade these 4th round picks as there is a lean on them... kind of put them in a bind. Slick.

Reactions: red devil

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Anybody seeing what Hugues did here? Now the Devils cannot trade these 4th round picks as there is a lean on them... kind of put them in a bind. Slick.
He also did it to them with the Allen deal with it being a 3rd but can be converted to a 2nd

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

They can trade them as conditional 4th just like they just did. Trade to MTL get the highest, trade to X get 2nd highest, trade to Y get the last.

Reactions: NewDef

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'll be alright when this team is properly managed. Wasting away 2nd rounders for a marginal difference in players and passing on a kid that's broken record in the Q while he was available in the 5th f***ing round, not trading for Marino, drafting random plugs instead of talent-high upside guys.

Not adressing Guhle on the RD is probably even worse than all those.

I'm not alright.
I agree that the draft was pretty suspect after the first round - a legacy pick, an extremely obscure goalie, an enforcer and a bunch of over-agers. It seemed like they all got drunk after round 1, and then just winged it the next day, like they were too enamoured with their round 1 picks to care what happened after 😂.

However, I do think it was worth it to move up for Hage. I doubt he’d have been there at 26. We’ll see how it turns out.

As for Poirier, he’s a seriously flawed player and it has nothing to do with his size. 31 teams passed on him multiple times. I’d be very surprised if he ever ends up as a full-time NHL player.

The rest, Hughes has all summer to sort out. Take a breather lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00