Proposal: Konecny to the Sabres

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'd like Konecny but I don't want to re-sign him for what he's looking for.

Reactions: Irie

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Apparently the Flyers have interest in the Sabres 1st rounder,,, 11thOA and also like Krebs.
Assuming Sabres can get Konecny signed after July 1st.

Konecny
Deslauriers

for

11thOA
Krebs
Absolutely not.

Hes a 1yr rental. He doesn't get anything close to 11OA

More likely a team trades post draft trade for a protected 25 1st + secondary prospect

Even then Konecny is not a PF. Hes too similar to what they currently have

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I fear Adams is so desperate to make playoffs he would do this and not worry about re-signing him.
You think Adams is desperate? Four years in he's made one picks for roster player trade. Last deadline he traded a 25 year old forward for a 22 year old defenseman. Guy hasn't made the playoffs in 4 tries and he's still going younger. I don't think there has ever been a less desperate GM in franchise history.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You think Adams is desperate? Four years in he's made one picks for roster player trade. Last deadline he traded a 25 year old forward for a 22 year old defenseman. Guy hasn't made the playoffs in 4 tries and he's still going younger. I don't think there has ever been a less desperate GM in franchise history.
Because he gets thr job late in off season and yr 1 follows what coach wants. Thrn it fails so hr fires him and sells of dtats and does a 3 yr rebuild. The last 3 yrs they miss the playoffs by small nargins.

22/23-' they had a string of D injuries having them lose 8 straight and they miss thr playoffs by a few points
23/24 -' this season it's the top 6F that gets injured all at once where they are playing a bunch if games without 3+ of their top 6 and later they are playing but not at 100%.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Highly doubt that, he’s conservative to a fault so I doubt he’d trade a 1st for rental
I think he could do it given the circumstances, also he would probably like to get some first round pick back, even a late one. Considering they picked guys like Peterka and Kulich in that range and our draft looks good. Maybe 2025 1st plus a guy like Rosen.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
11th and a roster player is a lot for what probably will be a 1-year guy. I imagine he goes elsewhere (and signs an extension), but if he's still available at the deadline and the Sabres are buying, I'd just do the 2025 1st then.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
11th and a roster player is a lot for what probably will be a 1-year guy. I imagine he goes elsewhere (and signs an extension), but if he's still available at the deadline and the Sabres are buying, I'd just do the 2025 1st then.

Is it though? He would likely be a 70pt + player in Buffalo. They would finally make the playoffs and he is that gritty style of player that fans and players love. His comparables did well later in their careers. It’s not a deadline deal so you are getting a ton more games even if you don’t sign him.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Apparently the Flyers have interest in the Sabres 1st rounder,,, 11thOA and also like Krebs.
Assuming Sabres can get Konecny signed after July 1st.

Konecny
Deslauriers

for

11thOA
Krebs

The problem is you are trading for one year. He would need to be extended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad