Proposal: Konecny to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Like every other Flyers prospect from the past decade, he had a bit of flash and promise early on but is now terribly inconsistent and is somehow declining in the midst of what should be his prime years.
TK pretty much on his usual ppg pace of 0.6 if you take away his better season when the team was way better too. Playing without Couturier, Farabee, Ellis, etc. and 2 full lines of ahlers doesnt help any Flyers’ numbers.

Flyers will keep TK and offer Giroux and Braun.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Trade the team's 2nd best defenseman (Roy, on a team friendly deal) + for a seemingly declining player with a big cap hit (5.5m) for another 3 seasons? Declining as in Konecny has gone from 24 goals a season to 11 last season and 8 this season. Plus, the Kings don't need another small forward (5'10), even one with sandpaper. That type of player can peak and then regress early. Flyers should keep him and hope for a turnaround next season. Kings should instead target someone like Lawson Crouse.

That's fair; I was just pointing out what they'd likely be asking for, not what I'd necessarily be okay with giving up.

Reactions: apadilla

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I admit I don't watch the AHL.

I'm just saying Spence was higher on the depth chart than Durzi. If Spence was this good, Durzi never would have played.

Again, you're doubling down on a false equivalence that our pro depth chart and our prospect rankings are the same. Spence is higher in the prospect rankings because of his potential and his development trajectory at a comparable age. Durzi was ahead in line on the pro depth chart specifically because he's 2.5 years older and had more pro experience. Durzi has exceeded expectations in the NHL, and Spence has exceeded expectations in the icetime he's received as a result of Durzi's call-up. Spence has looked head and shoulders better in his 1st AHL season than Durzi did in his 1st AHL season at a similar age.

This doesn't mean Durzi won't end up being the better player, but it does mean that Spence's development arc is more promising at a younger age than Durzi's. Saying Durzi never would've played if Spence was this good ignores the fact that 1. decisions are made for injury/illness call-ups based on pro readiness and 2. Spence was able to shine specifically because a spot opened for him when Durzi was recalled.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Just curious as to what his cost might be. Some rumblings about LAs interest in him.

What are Philly’s needs?

I haven't heard any rumblings or rumors around L.A. and Konecny

Beside that i belive he is exactly what we don't need.
We have enough grit and sandpaper, we need winger with goal scoring mentality and finesse.

Also 1 goal in 22 playoff games makes me really no wanting him.

I would stay away from trading for him.
Players like him are the ones that shine on other teams

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I haven't heard any rumblings or rumors around L.A. and Konecny

Beside that i belive he is exactly what we don't need.
We have enough grit and sandpaper, we need winger with goal scoring mentality and finesse.

Also 1 goal in 22 playoff games makes me really no wanting him.

I would stay away from trading for him.
Players like him are the ones that shine on other teams
From the Philly side I haven’t heard any news of Konecny moving either, just heresy from some fans.

I agree that the Kings shouldn’t be looking to acquire TK, as he has struggled to score goals this season, but has been putting up plenty of assists.

If Konecny would shoot the puck more maybe he’d have more goals but lately TK seems like a pass first playmaker but that usually backfires with turnovers of possession and transitions the other way for the opposing teams, it’s been hard to watch Philly lately.

Also I don’t see a fit for Konecny in LA’s top 6 as wingers Iafallo, Kempe, Arvidsson and Moore seem to have created some chemistry amongst the top 2 lines in LA that I wouldn’t mess with.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I'd be more interested in the other Travis. What would a realistic deal between the two teams for Sanheim?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd be more interested in the other Travis. What would a realistic deal between the two teams for Sanheim?
Depends who you talk to.

He has been the Flyers best Dman yet never gets the recognition from Mgt. Doesn't even get PP time and should.

He is going to likely go to another team and then people will start talking how good he is.

In reality, the Flyers should be re-signing him to a 7 year deal and give him PP time. But Fletch is an idiot and the upper mgt are archaic so you can likely get him for a 1st+ prospect.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I would presume a deal would have Turcotte and a 1st. Has he fallen off at all?
Everyone is down on Turcotte cause he got called up and had zero goals with limited ice time in like 5 games. Him and Byfield got called up and have to prop up Dustin Brown Weekend at Bernies style out there. Its unfair for a rookie. In the end hell be a middle six center or top six winger. He really needs to bulk up a bit though he gets injured too often and also needs to work on his shot. His skating is phenomenal and he plays a smart two way game. His offensive instincts are great but in a heavy forecheck and set up guy way not really as much scoring touch to do it all himself.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Everyone is down on Turcotte cause he got called up and had zero goals with limited ice time in like 5 games. Him and Byfield got called up and have to prop up Dustin Brown Weekend at Bernies style out there. Its unfair for a rookie. In the end hell be a middle six center or top six winger. He really needs to bulk up a bit though he gets injured too often and also needs to work on his shot. His skating is phenomenal and he plays a smart two way game. His offensive instincts are great but in a heavy forecheck and set up guy way not really as much scoring touch to do it all himself.
That’s surprising considering all the hype earlier. I don’t know why, but I could see Provorov going to LA. It seems like a fit for both sides. There hasn’t been a lot of talk of him being moved, just some rumors that they aren’t happy with who is becoming #2-4 guy, and he was not mentioned as part of the core. The flyers are run by clowns though and I would be 100% targeting them as a GM out there.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
That’s surprising considering all the hype earlier. I don’t know why, but I could see Provorov going to LA. It seems like a fit for both sides. There hasn’t been a lot of talk of him being moved, just some rumors that they aren’t happy with who is becoming #2-4 guy, and he was not mentioned as part of the core. The flyers are run by clowns though and I would be 100% targeting them as a GM out there.
At the moment he isnt living up to the hype. But the Kings decided to stack their nhl and ahl rosters with veterans and insulate young players with no hard situations and no powerplay time.
Provorov would be exactly what the Kings need!

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Konecny doesn't really make sense for LA. One of Provorov or Sanheim does, probably around the draft. Sanheim is the one to target....he'll come cheaper....there isn't that huge of a difference between them. As a Flyers fan, if I had to trade 1 of them, it would be Provorov.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Let's talk
Provorov then.

Turcotte vs Provorov

1vs1 hockey trade

Definite add needed from LA. Turcotte alone is not enough. Probably closer to the Turcotte, Madden, 1st that was posted earlier in the thread.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Definite add needed from LA. Turcotte alone is not enough. Probably closer to the Turcotte, Madden, 1st that was posted earlier in the thread.

Nah, that's to rich for me.

If you insist on a 1st, i could do as much as Madden+1st
In general i would prefer to go after NY's Robertson

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Nah, that's to rich for me.

If you insist on a 1st, i could do as much as Madden+1st
In general i would prefer to go after NY's Robertson

We aren't really in the same ballpark here. Provorov is already a top pairing defensemen who plays 25 minutes a night in all situations. Signed fairly reasonably for the next 3 seasons.

Robertson would be quite considerably cheaper to go out and get.

Reactions: Guitpik

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Sanheim is better and cheaper than ristolainen and I'd expect to get more for him. Replace hagg with a higher end guy and it's about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad