Proposal: Konecny to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Opening bid:

Kupari + Walker

I’m a Kings fan, and I think this offer is too low. Walker is a solid bottom pairing defenseman on a playoff team (dealing with a major injury currently), and Kupari projects as a top 9 guy at this point.

Konecny is firmly a top 6 winger and brings sandpaper to your team. I think their ask would be more like Turcotte + Durzi, or even something around Roy + as he’s a similar player to Niskanen who they’ve missed since he retired.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kupari, JAD & Spence …
I just don’t think people know just how good guys like Spence are since all the focus is on our 1st rounders..

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’m a Kings fan, and I think this offer is too low. Walker is a solid bottom pairing defenseman on a playoff team (dealing with a major injury currently), and Kupari projects as a top 9 guy at this point.

Konecny is firmly a top 6 winger and brings sandpaper to your team. I think their ask would be more like Turcotte + Durzi, or even something around Roy + as he’s a similar player to Niskanen who they’ve missed since he retired.
Start low right?

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Just curious, who replaces Durzi’s PP skills and offense?
Clarke or Spence

Not advocating this honesty. I think others (Mayor) have mentioned sell high on him especially with what is in the pipe. That would be painful tho.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Durzi is a surprise player. It's too soon to trade him without figuring out what his new ceiling is. And trading him opens a hole in the defense. As kings11 stated, who replaces what he provides right now?
Again, it would likely be Spence if a major trade like this happens. Clarke would be a next year plan.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If Spence were equal to what Durzi provides now, Durzi would never have gotten the opportunity to play.

Replacing Durzi with Spence is a step back.

Reactions: go4hockey

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
If Spence were equal to what Durzi provides now, Durzi would never have gotten the opportunity to play.

This is an odd way to frame it. Durzi had pro experience coming into this year, so saying Spence was in the mix for that call up opportunity is pretty unlikely. If anything, Spence has shown his potential could be even higher with how quickly he’s become a top pairing offensive defenseman at the AHL level. It took Durzi more time to reach that point than it did Spence in their pro careers.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

Trade the team's 2nd best defenseman (Roy, on a team friendly deal) + for a seemingly declining player with a big cap hit (5.5m) for another 3 seasons? Declining as in Konecny has gone from 24 goals a season to 11 last season and 8 this season. Plus, the Kings don't need another small forward (5'10), even one with sandpaper. That type of player can peak and then regress early. Flyers should keep him and hope for a turnaround next season. Kings should instead target someone like Lawson Crouse.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I admit I don't watch the AHL.

I'm just saying Spence was higher on the depth chart than Durzi. If Spence was this good, Durzi never would have played.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Unless I missed something he probably isn't available. It may be something they look at in the offseason (they shouldn't), but I wouldn't expect him being moved for anything short of an overpay.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Konecny can be one of the most infuriating players to watch but I get this feeling that the Flyers would lose any trade he's involved in and regret it for a long time. He's got all the tools but for whatever reason, maybe hockey IQ, he can't put it together. That being said, his value is way too low right now to trade him. He's the kind of guy I can see being traded and instantly turn into a 30 goal 70 point player while the player we get back struggles to contribute in any meaningful way.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

No, it isn't.

Spence is the better of the two by a considerable margin. And I have grown to love Durzi's gumption, and he definitely has NHL puck skills, but Spence is a step or two ahead on all fronts.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
No, it isn't.

Spence is the better of the two by a considerable margin. And I have grown to love Durzi's gumption, and he definitely has NHL puck skills, but Spence is a step or two ahead on all fronts.
I agree with your assessment, I’d throw Grans in there as well.. not equal to Durzi but damn close..
I know we’ve all critiqued the system and usage of guys in Ontario but you can’t argue with the results our Dmen have provided.. they’ve been called up and have been plug and play.. it’s been pretty astounding..
Durzi
Moverare
Strand
Have all been really good, especially Moverare who I’d like to see more of..
When Spence and Grans get their cup of coffee I will now come to expect similar results..

Last edited:
Reactions: BringTheReign

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
On a team hurting for speed as much as the flyers it's a bad idea to trade one of their fastest players. Though I think he could be on a whole other level on a team like Edmonton or Toronto. I'd rather see the flyers put him with guys who can keep up.
I'm not really interested in talking TK unless it's about how to get byfield to Philly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad