Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The team played so well from the 10th minute on! Perfect, structured hockey!

Chicken_no_head.gif

"The Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Strategy"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Times like now are when I'd go sign Guerin or Roberts. Crosby isn't a leader. He focuses only on himself. He's more focused on himself giving it all than everyone else. If he wasn't the captain, that would be alright.

what in the literal **** are you talking about?

penguins2946*

I think 3 goals in the last 3 Gaines is worse than the 2 in 4 against the Bruins last year. But whatever, as long as the country club is happy, then who cares.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
All I know is if you can ONLY score on the PP, you're not a good offensive team. If Crosby and Malkin can ONLY score when both are on the ice at the same time, and the opponents have one less guy out there, you're NOT a good offensive team. And that means the top six is NOT WORKING. But hey, best line in hockey, fastest to 200, smartest coach ESPN poll and all that.

This team is a frontrunner. They feed off of their first 10 minutes, and when they don't get the results after 10 they lose steam. I can't even remember the last game we played when we actually slowly got better as the game moved along. That's usually the opponent.

No business losing this game tonight. Two-game losing streak, which now becomes three, Philly played last night, travelled, played their backup, etc. etc. etc.

Did anybody sense any urgency in their game tonight? There is none. Oh that's right, it's probably because everybody was brought back from last year's debacle and the year before that. So why be urgent when your job is safe and secure? Who's pushing for playing time? Gibbons is among the AHL scoring leaders right now, do you think he'll get a sniff? Not a chance.

This whole situation is so meh. I ain't even mad anymore.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Craig Berube getting Couturier against Malkin when "Disco Dan" has last change.:laugh: This team clears out no one on the Penalty Kill and has no traffic in front of the goaltender on the PP.:laugh: No real 2nd PP Unit because to have that, Engelland would sit and Simon Despres would need to be here.:shakehead These games are just the sneak preview for Spring.;)

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I really don't think Bylsma knows you can score on the PP with out a one timer. Every play is just to set up another one timer. It's such a horrible % play.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Zero ES goals in the past 3 games somebody said on the last page if the GDT? That can't be right because we have the best line in hockey...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
- To all the people complaining about one single meaningless regular season loss in the middle if November. Your logical criticisms are all invalid because of this.

It isn't the fact this team is losing. It is how they are that is causing the frustration. This team is the epitome of insanity.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
+This team is only a step or two away from 'getting to its game' and blazing a path to another solid top 4 regular season finish. Any day soon the game will be found.

Anyway, I wonder who is the current mustache boy?

Crosby I think.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I really don't think Bylsma knows you can score on the PP with out a one timer. Every play is just to set up another one timer. It's such a horrible % play.

Let alone the fact that literally not one single person on the ice is interested in playing the defense once they turn the puck over and half ***** it until they get the puck back.

Fire Shero*

Maybe this team just isn't good. Maybe they are playing to their full potential. We have an average defense, probably the worst bottom 6 of the decent teams and easily the worst wingers in the nhl. Maybe we should expect a mediocre season since shero assembled a mediocre roster.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
This team is a frontrunner. They feed off of their first 10 minutes, and when they don't get the results after 10 they lose steam. I can't even remember the last game we played when we actually slowly got better as the game moved along. That's usually the opponent.

No business losing this game tonight. Two-game losing streak, which now becomes three, Philly played last night, travelled, played their backup, etc. etc. etc.

Did anybody sense any urgency in their game tonight?

On the money, here. We all watched a Penguins team that actually won the Stanley Cup. That team didn't have a perfect record, but it could play a third period of hockey and come back from a deficit to win. It did it on many memorable occasions. With this squad going into a 3rd down I start thinking about other things I could be doing with my time rather than waiting an extra 20 to 40 minutes to see Pens lose a hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad