TV: Knights of the Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones) - HBO 2025

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Can't wait LOVE the unexpected kissing scenes in HOTD

I just wish Jace and Baela would kiss but although they are married they're more like friends

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
mite be cool

IIRC these are self contained stories so I feel if you're hoping for more epic story telling to the scale that GoT offered that's not what you're going to get. Much more a classic semi-low stakes fantasy adventure novella. Really speaks to the depth of GRRM as an author that he created the GoT universe with a whole Westeros history and wrote three very different styles of books and book series that HBO wants to turn into TV shows.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Love the Dunk & Egg stories so I am very much looking forward to this. Probably need to reread them before it comes out as it has been so long

Reactions: Rob

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
They need to have more supernatural stuff than House of Dragon. Hopefully we see the ice walkers and dark Wizards from far east. Its what made Game of Thrones so good, the mix.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They need to have more supernatural stuff than House of Dragon. Hopefully we see the ice walkers and dark Wizards from far east. Its what made Game of Thrones so good, the mix.
The Dragons are a huge part of House of the Dragon. Those are about as supernatural as it gets.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's going to be the opposite. This is following the Dunk and Egg series, a trilogy of novellas GRRM wrote that's set about 90 years before GoT. I've only read the first one, The Hedge Knight, and it's more equivalent to the Heath Ledger movie A Knight's Tale without any dragons or white walkers and the like.

Reactions: Osprey

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
It's going to be the opposite. This is following the Dunk and Egg series, a trilogy of novellas GRRM wrote that's set about 90 years before GoT. I've only read the first one, The Hedge Knight, and it's more equivalent to the Heath Ledger movie A Knight's Tale without any dragons or white walkers and the like.

It's still pretty good. Both are likable characters, and who Egg turns out to be.

Who came first? These two or the duo from Warhammer? I wondered if one duo halfway copied off the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad