Value of: Klingberg to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
If LA makes the playoffs this season, their weaknesses will be on display. I believe their weakness is not big enough and physical enough in their top 9. A guy like Foligno is who LA should go after, followed by a guy like Chiarot for the middle pairing D. A guy that can clear the crease and lay big hits on opposing forwards. That's what LA needs, not a LD.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He’s not necessarily a rental though .

He’s an expiring UFA isn’t he? I looked at capfriendly but it could be wrong.

If you are suggesting a sign and trade I still don’t see why a team would pay on the front end in the event they do want to re-sign him after seeing how he does with their team. Seems kind of like the dream every seller has

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Is it time for the kings to turn the page and send the message that they are done rebuilding and ready to win now ? From the stars perspective , they are off course gonna want Clarke . Probably not happening . Would turcotte or kupari be available ?
Klingberg is to old for this team.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Rather use assets for Chyrchun and if that falls through go after UFA this summer (including Klingber)

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Klingberg is awesome but not a fit at this time due to LA's salary structure and right side D as a position of relative strength now and in the near future (Doughty Roy Durzi Walker Clarke Faber Grans Spence).

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
Is it time for the kings to turn the page and send the message that they are done rebuilding and ready to win now ? From the stars perspective , they are off course gonna want Clarke . Probably not happening . Would turcotte or kupari be available ?

How has no one pointed out this guy flat out blows at playing D? Please NO.

For a laugh watch this goal against Florida where he's a minus 3:

A few days later he's a minus 3 against Montreal. And a couple days later take a peak at this great D against Detroit:

He's never been a good defensemen. So over rated.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
He’s not necessarily a rental though .
we cant afford him after this season though i think is the point people are making .. we have to allocate money for our RFA's .. i would say UFA's but we all want brown to retire lol jk .. or on a 1 mill a year salary

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

A few days later he's a minus 3 against Montreal. And a couple days later take a peak at this great D against Detroit:

Those videos make him seem worse than he is. He's about as good as every other offensive dman in the league defensively. You aren't acquiring him to kill penalties lol he's good enough in his own end to get by

His play right now is being affected by this whole trade/contract thing. Literally putting no effort at all into his game, and it's showing which is why the Stars reportedly stepped up their efforts to trade him cause it was affecting his play. This stretch here is the worst I've ever seen him defensively. He is so disengaged on the ice because of this mess

Reactions: tkb81

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Those videos make him seem worse than he is. He's about as good as every other offensive dman in the league defensively. You aren't acquiring him to kill penalties lol he's good enough in his own end to get by

His play right now is being affected by this whole trade/contract thing. Literally putting no effort at all into his game, and it's showing which is why the Stars reportedly stepped up their efforts to trade him cause it was affecting his play. This stretch here is the worst I've ever seen him defensively. He is so disengaged on the ice because of this mess
have you seen our PK? haha we if we are going to be spending 19-20 mill on two defencemen they both better be okay on the PK haha (obviously thinking about Klink's next contract ... he wants 8+)

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007

And I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that this mess is affecting his play but....he's never been very good defensively and is this how you show that you deserve a new contract? By playing this disengaged? Personally I sure as heck don't want someone where the going gets tough and they sulk.

Nothing against you or the Stars but, this is just not a guy I'd trade for but, especially at the cost being bantered around.

Reactions: kinghock

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Klingberg has been really bad the last 4-5 games . He’s not as bad defensively as people think though .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad