Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I had Rangers at best pulling off a tie in that Sag game especially since it was their 3rd game and Sag was rested. Once again, Jussi and coaches have the team clicking and learning. Nice to see more Rangers contributing. Liking Stark back on forward and Lam is a joy to watch. New adds Grisolia and Chromiak already fitting right in. Missile is finding the net.

Lots more to learn and clean but a much better showing. Once more taking 5 of 6 points.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You know, we’re doing pretty good so far this year. I said early on that in this western conference, in what is a rebuilding year, we’d have to try really hard to miss the playoffs. It looks like that may be the case.

I was all about missing the playoffs or barely getting in. And we still might be in that boat. But instead of a lottery pick, or a pick in the top 5 or 6, it wouldn’t be all that bad to finish in the middle of the conference, give someone a rough go in the 1st round, and draft in the middle of the 1st round somewhere. You know, about where we selected Reid and Romano?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
You know, we’re doing pretty good so far this year. I said early on that in this western conference, in what is a rebuilding year, we’d have to try really hard to miss the playoffs. It looks like that may be the case.

I was all about missing the playoffs or barely getting in. And we still might be in that boat. But instead of a lottery pick, or a pick in the top 5 or 6, it wouldn’t be all that bad to finish in the middle of the conference, give someone a rough go in the 1st round, and draft in the middle of the 1st round somewhere. You know, about where we selected Reid and Romano?
I do agree about where the Rangers could finish, but I'm still 💯 on board on trading Swick and Ando. Unless you have a team that's somewhat projected to make it to the 3rd round then at least do a soft sell...never ever buy to enhance mediocrity. Which has been an issue here for too long. 🤔

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I do agree about where the Rangers could finish, but I'm still 💯 on board on trading Swick and Ando. Unless you have a team that's somewhat projected to make it to the 3rd round then at least do a soft sell...never ever buy to enhance mediocrity. Which has been an issue here for too long. 🤔
Agree, 100%. If we are going to make a little noise in the playoffs, by saying that I mean, take a team to six or seven games in the first round. I think we need to do that after having sold off Swick and Andonovski.

Any graduating asset that we can get value for needs to be on the table up to at the deadline

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad