Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Last year the PMB line was our 4th line and a very good 4th compared to other teams. I would like to see them back together as our 3rd line this year. And I agree with Pug….if we get value for Swick then Pug is a perfect OA for this team. He brings it every shift and would set a good example for the young players. Not all leaders wear letters but he plays like a guy trying to push his team to give it a little more.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
This team has moxy that's for sure. 3rd game of the weekend. Guelph rested and sat out a couple of vets. Rangers....down Arquette but thankfully not Reid... had an ok first, let up a bit in the 2nd, and came on strong in the 3rd....not to mention, kept the puck out of the next on a 6 on 3 at the end. Lots to do yet but heading in the right direction early on.

As for the OA situation, I agree that it would be great to have that cleared up but I don't see it happening any time soon. I'd hate to see Pug (a fan favourite and hardworking pot stirrer) go. Parsons needed........Missile is doing ok..........and Swick should be great....likely great enough for a top team to come looking. It's a conundrum for sure.

First road trip this week..........Flint (Weds) Soo (Sat) and Sag (Sun). It will be a challenge for this young team but hopefully their competitive spirit will continue.

McKenzie was interviewed by Sean and he says he has zero interest in letting the OA decision go on too long as it’s no good for anyone involved and not fair to the OAs. He said 1 week to start but then mention a week or 2 later. I’m guessing it will be sorted by the end of next weekend if not sooner….and I really hope it’s Swick traded for a decent return. We aren’t going for it. We need picks. And we need to give our young players ice time. I love that Reid, Romano and Lam are all PP1. Swick probably takes a spot from Lam I think on PP1.

Last edited:
Reactions: All the Answers

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
With Musty sitting at home waiting for a trade it’s Wild to see Barlow Musty, and Rehkopf all being moved before Christmas.

Ride, Gibson, and Andovoski are likely the big deadline moves for contenders this year.

Bodes will for MM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad