Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If I remember correctly you’re involved with a team or have been so you know how it works, side deals happen. Schaubel will be the back up on opening night right now. Truthfully, in the games I saw he looks stronger than Edwards as well or at the very least they’re the same so it’s a wash anyways.
I mean Edwards has only played 1 game so far and it was a 4-3 shootout win, it's not like any goalie so far has had a better game.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If I remember correctly you’re involved with a team or have been so you know how it works, side deals happen. Schaubel will be the back up on opening night right now. Truthfully, in the games I saw he looks stronger than Edwards as well or at the very least they’re the same so it’s a wash anyways.
For me, you go with Parsons as the number one. Both Edwards and Schaubel play Junior B. They get a ton of games at the junior B level. They alternate up as the back up here and get in some games with the big team as well.

This is sort of what London did a few years ago when they kept Steve Mason at junior B to develop.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
For me, you go with Parsons as the number one. Both Edwards and Schaubel play Junior B. They get a ton of games at the junior B level. They alternate up as the back up here and get in some games with the big team as well.

This is sort of what London did a few years ago when they kept Steve Mason at junior B to develop.
100% - Parsons will see a lot of Rubber so they should both be happy to be a starter somewhere and have then make the jump next year when the roster is starting to form for the competitive years but we all know how impatient some kids are these days.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Nothing wrong with playing a full slate of games at the B level, and playing 10 to 12 games at this level this year. Then next year, after Parsons graduates, both come up and split the duties.

During the 05–06 season, Steve Mason played only 12 OHL games with OA Adam Dennis getting most of the starts. Mason spent the bulk of his time at JrB. It was his NHL draft year and that didn’t stop him from getting drafted.

The following year, he stepped into the number one position and the rest is history.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I think they run a 3 man crease until the deadline. 40 games give or take before the deadline. 28 games for Parsons and 12 split between the 2.
I think the org values spending everyday with Dekort and wouldn’t bring them in to start school/ move in with billits just to send them off again.

( most of the OJHL and GOJHL teams have 2-3 goalies locked in, especially the local ones).
Neither Schaubel or Edwards are listed on a OJHL or GOJHL roster at this time

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
I like the process behind Cameron starting jr b and filling in when needed with the likely increase in games allowed under the potentially new rules.
Allows him to play a top 6 role (build his offensive game) rather than a checking role here all year. We’ve seen the early signs of what it did for Arquette.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I think they run a 3 man crease until the deadline. 40 games give or take before the deadline. 28 games for Parsons and 12 split between the 2.
I think the org values spending everyday with Dekort and wouldn’t bring them in to start school/ move in with billits just to send them off again.

( most of the OJHL and GOJHL teams have 2-3 goalies locked in, especially the local ones).
Neither Schaubel or Edwards are listed on a OJHL or GOJHL roster at this time
That makes sense cause I think (correct me if I'm wrong) they still have 4 OAs to start the season. If that's the case, they can carry 4 up until a certain date so if they want to give Parsons a break, you could scratch him and run Schaubel/Edwards some nights

Reactions: Habsrule

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I’ve never seen a kid negotiate ice time, just a regular opportunity and goalies at 16 it’s always in JrB. I’d be shocked if Kitchener promised the kid anything when he signed

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Nothing wrong with playing a full slate of games at the B level, and playing 10 to 12 games at this level this year. Then next year, after Parsons graduates, both come up and split the duties.

During the 05–06 season, Steve Mason played only 12 OHL games with OA Adam Dennis getting most of the starts. Mason spent the bulk of his time at JrB. It was his NHL draft year and that didn’t stop him from getting drafted.

The following year, he stepped into the number one position and the rest is history.
Incredibly few 16 years old starts in hr b thou, that’s why the last time that happened was in 2005

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

The thing about London sending players to Jr B to develop is when they send players down, they seem to get more playing time then when the Rangers send them down. At least that's my perception.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
I’ve never seen a kid negotiate ice time, just a regular opportunity and goalies at 16 it’s always in JrB. I’d be shocked if Kitchener promised the kid anything when he signed
It's an arms race for the organizations and a poker game for the family(s). Schaubel will get 30 games in the OHL.
But let's be realistic about BCHL. How hard could it be to lure a young man from traveling across the continent to play backup in lesser league?

Mar 12, 2009

I'm not 100% sure proving the rule of thumb by going back almost 20 years is effective (can't believe it's been that long). I wonder if Jr B made him more injury prone :sarcasm:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's an arms race for the organizations and a poker game for the family(s). Schaubel will get 30 games in the OHL.
But let's be realistic about BCHL. How hard could it be to lure a young man from traveling across the continent to play backup in lesser league?
It’s really not. The OHL lost two good players to the BCHL, that’s it.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
It’s really not. The OHL lost two good players to the BCHL, that’s it.
Agreed and with changes coming with the new NHL CBA in 25-26???
Things will be alot better for everyone. The younger player families and agents know this. Things are going to be real interesting in 26/27. It's going to be a much more level playing field across leagues. Should be interesting to see how this affects the M Cup.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
I suspect an OA rule change is on the horizon! If not we'll be looking at a 16/17 year old league with a big mix of US and Canada "kids".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad