Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Right now the rangers will only have 11 forwards opening night with Headrick, Anstis, and one of Pug/Misaljevic not playing.

* if it’s true Campbell is on the outside looking in, could it be a Campbell for a forward swap?
* Stark is still listed as a forward on the roster page
I would find it odd if they gave up on Campbell this early. He had a very good first half last year before injuries negatively affected his second-half.

Assuming they are moving Andonovski at some point, Campbell and Dirracolo would be our two senior D on a very young D corps

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
I’m not right often so just wanted to bump this post from about a month ago.

(Not sure how to link to a previous thread so a screenshot will have to do :laugh:)

Attachments

• IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 2

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
I’m not right often so just wanted to bump this post from about a month ago.

(Not sure how to link to a previous thread so a screenshot will have to do :laugh:)
I said you were right from the beginning. There was always a deal in place to convince him to sign here and move on from the BC opportunity.

The Campbell rumour is an interesting one I haven’t heard from anyone honestly. Schneider is the odd man out right now and it’s looked that way in the games I’ve watched as well.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I said you were right from the beginning. There was always a deal in place to convince him to sign here and move on from the BC opportunity.

The Campbell rumour is an interesting one I haven’t heard from anyone honestly. Schneider is the odd man out right now and it’s looked that way in the games I’ve watched as well.
Makes you wonder what their plans are for Edwards. Being a year older than Schaubel, I doubt he'd want to back him up next year. Maybe Kitchener trades him or maybe there's a chance Parsons gets traded and he backs up Schaubel.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Care to elaborate?

ohl signed jr b players will have unlimited call ups and games until jan 10th i think, then its 10 after that date.

Makes you wonder what their plans are for Edwards. Being a year older than Schaubel, I doubt he'd want to back him up next year. Maybe Kitchener trades him or maybe there's a chance Parsons gets traded and he backs up Schaubel.

why not? every goalie needs to back up in the ohl before they start, you only have the kids for 4/5 years

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Makes sense as they are very high on schaubel and put in work to get him signed away from the BCHL. Writing seemed to be on the wall with them keeping him around as long as they did and getting more preseason starts then Edwards.
And Hockey Canada had Schaubel up for a look when deciding on Team Canada for the Hlinka Gretzky this year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i dont see Edwards or any goalie wanting to back up a younger goalie this year or any year. Kinda shows the writing on the wall no?

he signed knowing the score, if hes better he will start. i dont know any goalie outside of maybe carter george who walked into the ohl and started right away, its very rare. he may not want too, but he doesnt have a choice.

if hes better, he will play more, if he didnt want to play behind a 07, he would not have signed.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
he signed knowing the score, if hes better he will start. i dont know any goalie outside of maybe carter george who walked into the ohl and started right away, its very rare. he may not want too, but he doesnt have a choice.

if hes better, he will play more, if he didnt want to play behind a 07, he would not have signed.
Edwards is the 07 and he signed last year. Schaubel is the 08. Should we trade Parsons away, and Edwards and Schaubel share the crease this year, I can see an even split being more likely than one getting the bulk of the games over the other.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Edwards is the 07 and he signed last year. Schaubel is the 08. Should we trade Parsons away, and Edwards and Schaubel share the crease this year, I can see an even split being more likely than one getting the bulk of the games over the other.

right, thats what i said :)

Reactions: EvenSteven

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019

He signed knowing to an extent. I don't think he knew last year they would be signing an 08 the next year and then have them role with the 08 with him ever having a chance.

But i get it, it's the nature of the beast, especially for goalies. Only so many spots available. I just wouldn't be shocked that if he doesn't ask to be traded so he can maybe have a chance elsewhere.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He signed knowing to an extent. I don't think he knew last year they would be signing an 08 the next year and then have them role with the 08 with him ever having a chance.

But i get it, it's the nature of the beast, especially for goalies. Only so many spots available. I just wouldn't be shocked that if he doesn't ask to be traded so he can maybe have a chance elsewhere.

what do you mean? edwards is the backup this year, the other kid will be in jr b. edwards will get 20 starts before the other guy even gets to the league.

Reactions: EvenSteven

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
what do you mean? edwards is the backup this year, the other kid will be in jr b. edwards will get 20 starts before the other guy even gets to the league.
Oh I see the confusion of the conversation, earlier in the thread, I had mentioned that the rumor is Kitchener is starting the year with Paraons and Schaubel and that Edwards is 3rd on the depth chart.

That is where others mentioned they aren't surprised since they convinced Schaubel to leave his BCHL deal to come here. The thought is he wouldn't have stayed in Ontario to play if he wasn't promised something.

But like I said, maybe Kitchener trades Parsons then they run Schaubel and Edwards.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
MM would have to decide if there’s more value in Parsons staying here for the season versus what he would get for him in trade.

Based on what top OA goalies (ie Costantini, Simpson) brought in trade over the last few years, the return we’d get for Parsons would be minimal. MM may rather have him be the starter here this year to help keep one of the youngest defences in the league in games.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Oh I see the confusion of the conversation, earlier in the thread, I had mentioned that the rumor is Kitchener is starting the year with Paraons and Schaubel and that Edwards is 3rd on the depth chart.

That is where others mentioned they aren't surprised since they convinced Schaubel to leave his BCHL deal to come here. The thought is he wouldn't have stayed in Ontario to play if he wasn't promised something.

But like I said, maybe Kitchener trades Parsons then they run Schaubel and Edwards.
I see. I’d be shocked. why would leaving a BCHL gig have anything to do with it? He’s a 5th round pick, he doesn’t have significant leverage and Edwards is the better goalie right now.

Kinda seems like bored Sept talk to be honest lol

MM would have to decide if there’s more value in Parsons staying here for the season versus what he would get for him in trade.

Based on what top OA goalies (ie Costantini, Simpson) brought in trade over the last few years, the return we’d get for Parsons would be minimal. MM may rather have him be the starter here this year to help keep one of the youngest defences in the league in games.
And to keep the wolves off of a kid, start g them against London and Missy and Erie etc right off the bat would kill the kid.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
I see. I’d be shocked. why would leaving a BCHL gig have anything to do with it? He’s a 5th round pick, he doesn’t have significant leverage and Edwards is the better goalie right now.

Kinda seems like bored Sept talk to be honest lol
If I remember correctly you’re involved with a team or have been so you know how it works, side deals happen. Schaubel will be the back up on opening night right now. Truthfully, in the games I saw he looks stronger than Edwards as well or at the very least they’re the same so it’s a wash anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad